Thailand gripped by case of "holy hermit" who advises disciples to eat body secretions to cure illness

webfact

Personally, I'm going to wait a while until this stuff undergoes Frances Bacon's Scientific Method, gets published in a leading journal, and undergoes extensive peer review.

That's just me. Maybe I'm a little too science heavy with not enough 'faith'. I mean, I'm so skeptical I don't even believe in astrology or virgin births, much less feces feasting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The weird cult thinks that by eating urine, feces, phlegm and skin scrapings they can cure all sorts of diseases,

Could be why they have 11 corpses at the property , eating <deleted> ,won't cure you.

regards worgeordie 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RandiRona said:

<deleted>!! ...This is some different level <deleted>....

In my 20 years living here I have never seen this before. I know some of the Thai food taste like s--- but this goes too far. Maybe they just ran out of food and they had to eat something shame there is no food stamps here.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The weird cult thinks that by eating urine, feces, phlegm and skin scrapings they can cure all sorts of diseases,

I think they should be sued for discrimination by the booger eaters.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

a hermit with a long beard who is proclaiming himself as the cult leader

There is a video of him and his followers on You Tube.  I will not post it so as not to break any copyright issues, however what I witnessed was quite disgusting, a woman drinking urine from a bowl using a spoon and also rubbing urine over her face!! If you go to the link to OP (Thai Rath) there is a video you can watch.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Seeing is believing, let us see him eat his on poop and drink his own urine to make me a believer...

The urine is supposed to keep you healthy. Although.....

However, it's more than brainless to eat your own poop.

But...If he likes it.....

He doesn't harm anybody.????

Cult followers advised to get check-ups after consuming their own bodily discharges

image.jpeg

Followers of a cult leader in a village in Khon San district of Thailand’s north-eastern province of Chaiyaphum have been advised to get medical check-ups at their nearest hospital after they consumed their own urine, feces, scurf, pus, and phlegm on the recommendation of the cult’s leader, to “cure their illnesses”. 

The leader, a 75-year-old man, has been arrested in Chaiyaphum on initial charges of encroachment on public land and violation of the Communicable Diseases Act.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Director-General of the Department of Disease Control Department (DDC) Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong said today (Monday) that human urine, excrement and other discharges are unhygienic and must not be consumed, especially feces, which is infested with harmful bacteria which can lead to diarrhea, cholera and other serious diseases.

Police raided the cult’s “monastery” in Chaiyaphum’s Dong Klang sub-district on Saturday, following a tip-off that there are 11 cadavers being kept in coffins in the compound and that the cult leader had provided bizarre treatments to his follower. Dozens of jars containing the concoctions were also found.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cult-followers-advised-to-get-check-ups-after-consuming-their-own-bodily-discharges/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

Well, I guess some people will follow any body.  Good to see this old guy getting hauled off and hope the coffins will be buried in some real grave yard or burned somewhere.

What a world we all live in.  I guess this old guy lived some where up country...