Residence Certificate (หนังสือรับรองที่พักอาศัย) issuing reason

Hi, guys! Today faced with the problem in Bangkok Immigration Division. They issue residence certificates only on two reasons - driving license and buying/selling cars and motorbikes. I tried to add my reasons in their application form (obtaining Thai tax ID and bank account opening) but officer refused it and said that they issue certificates only on two reasons.

So I have two questions:

1. How things doing with these certificates in other provinces, especially  in Pattaya?

2. Maybe someone had an experience of successful application for tax ID or bank account opening (I’m interested in SCB and Krungsri banks only) with wrong reason in the certificate (I’ve read example and seen the reason apparently stated in the text)?

Of course, I can make an address affidavit in the embassy but besides the fact it is more expensive I have strong feeling that residence certificate looks more appropriate and solid for my purposes.

6 hours ago, SergeD said:

Of course, I can make an address affidavit in the embassy but besides the fact it is more expensive I have strong feeling that residence certificate looks more appropriate and solid for my purposes

Tick car drivers license on form. 

That will do.

In Bangkok the cost is 200baht and will be mailed out. 

May take 2 weeks however most likely 1..

You must have made a 90 day report to obtain a residence certificate in Bangkok.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You think I can request three exemplars in this case? No questions why I need more than one?

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You must have made a 90 day report to obtain a residence certificate in Bangkok.

Made it yesterday. I wanted to make two things in one day but their application confused me.

Ok, thank you Jack, will try to use a wrong reason certificate.

24 minutes ago, SergeD said:

You think I can request three exemplars in this case? No questions why I need more than one?

Made it yesterday. I wanted to make two things in one day but their application confused me.

Ok, thank you Jack, will try to use a wrong reason certificate.

If a person were getting a driver's license for motorcycle and for a car, and they also needed to register a motorcycle and a car, then they might legitimately need four residence certificates.  ????  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SergeD said:

If you tick car and bike box they provide 2 certificates.

Then as @skatewash suggests also tick register car they will provide total of 3 = 600baht.

Aside point: Anyone wanting to obtain car and bike license on same visit to transport office only select Car Licence.

You can photocopy in order to cover the bike.

otherwise they will charge 400baht. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Yeah, forgot that in Thailand they use separate licenses for each type of vehicle, not like in Europe just indicate A B C D E categories in one license.

Thank you for your advices guys. Tomorrow will go to Chaeng Wattana.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SergeD said:

Yeah, forgot that in Thailand they use separate licenses for each type of vehicle, not like in Europe just indicate A B C D E categories in one license.

Thank you for your advices guys. Tomorrow will go to Chaeng Wattana.

If you intend on opening more than one bank account, I wonder if the bank would accept you showing them the original residence certificate, have them make a copy for their records, and then give the original residence certificate back to you to use at another bank.  Worth trying perhaps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skatewash said:

If you intend on opening more than one bank account, I wonder if the bank would accept you showing them the original residence certificate, have them make a copy for their records, and then give the original residence certificate back to you to use at another bank.

Good idea but it depends on particular officer.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That will do.

In Bangkok the cost is 200baht and will be mailed out. 

May take 2 weeks however most likely 1..

Do they send the 200baht receipt with it or do they issue that when you pay for the FREE residence cert ?  :coffee1:

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Do they send the 200baht receipt with it or do they issue that when you pay for the FREE residence cert ?  :coffee1:

I have read of one immigration office (can't recall which) requiring a donation of 500baht for issue on the spot.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, skatewash said:

If a person were getting a driver's license for motorcycle and for a car, and they also needed to register a motorcycle and a car, then they might legitimately need four residence certificates.  ???? 

Eventually they accepted my request about three certificates for car driver’s license without questions. Just pay 200฿ for each and no problem.

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

do they issue that when you pay for the FREE residence cert ? 

No payment receipts provided. But as I’ve seen they use EMS registered mail for certificate sending so it apparently costs money.

• Like 1