Giant King Cobra flushed out from cop's wife's car with BUG SPRAY! Now locals hope Fortuner will bring fortunes!

webfact

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Nice swerve in the photo so that we could see the licence plate  number.

Lottery ticket sellers beware.

Following on from a discussion this weekend regarding the relative safeness of Thailand, there are plenty of countries around the world where a policeman's wife would go to some lengths to ensure that her registration number was NOT revealed.

• Thanks 1

I was picking up my lad from BEST school in Pattaya several years back. About 10 meters ahead and on the other side of the narrow road and parked half on the grass verge, was another parent's car, a Fortuner. I was just about to get out when I noticed a snake, maybe a couple of meters long slip out of the grass and disappear upwards around the rear axle of the SUV. I waited till the parent had returned with their kid and told them what I had seen and left them to the chaos that inevitably ensued.

Maybe it's a Fortuner thing with snakes? Sorry, I don't recall  the rego either.

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Nice swerve in the photo so that we could see the licence plate  number.

Lottery ticket sellers beware.

won't help, lotteries normally do not work on older versions of a car

The missus uses the ant killer Chaindrite to flush the extremely annoying tokays from their hiding places in the roof.  They fall to the ground dazed and are dispatched before they work out what happened.

Peaceful nights again without their continual mating calls.

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The missus uses the ant killer Chaindrite to flush the extremely annoying tokays from their hiding places in the roof.  They fall to the ground dazed and are dispatched before they work out what happened.

Peaceful nights again without their continual mating calls.

What do you mean by 'dispatched'?  Placed outside or killed?  Is your wife Buddhist?

6 minutes ago, simon43 said:

What do you mean by 'dispatched'?  Placed outside or killed?  Is your wife Buddhist?

You're an intelligent man Simon, work it out.

I could find scores of staunch Buddhists who will kill various creatures for food, defence or convenience. 

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

You're an intelligent man Simon, work it out.

I could find scores of staunch Buddhists who will kill various creatures for food, defence or convenience. 

But why kill it?  Why not release it into the garden or a nearby field?  I'm not Buddhist and I enjoy eating meat, but I can't see the point of killing the tookay.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Moonlover said:

Following on from a discussion this weekend regarding the relative safeness of Thailand, there are plenty of countries around the world where a policeman's wife would go to some lengths to ensure that her registration number was NOT revealed.

Police  in Britain are too scared to wear their uniforms off duty

On 5/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, simon43 said:

But why kill it?  Why not release it into the garden or a nearby field?  I'm not Buddhist and I enjoy eating meat, but I can't see the point of killing the tookay.

I'll get the wife to complete a full report on tokays for you using headings such as noise pollution, hygiene (droppings), habitat (will it return to it's home?), mating rituals, breeding (egg laying), predatory behavior., etc.

I'll also ask her to include a statement on her version of Buddhist cultural rituals, including specifics on when killing of other creatures is allowed with special reference to your curiosity and study of anthropology as a resident of many different countries and cultures.

First, as I increasingly get asked  on this forum, could you explain why your questions have gone off the topic of the use of bug sprays to move unwanted pests from personal property?

On 5/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, simon43 said:

Why not release it into the garden or a nearby field?

It would just come back within a short period of time, even if released a kilometer away.  Mine did several times.