Re enter Thailand with re entry retirement extension

Hello. I reside in Thailand on a retirement VISA. I will travel to the Philippines for 2 weeks and then back to Thailand 

My question is will they still ask for insurance even with a re entry permit and full vaccination that was completed in Thailand.

Also what would be the cheapest insurance company covering 35.000 US COVID.

Thanks for your assistance.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time you will need $20,000 of corvid 19 insurance. You will only need 30 days of it.

There is a insurance company here. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

You only need US$10,000 of COVID insurance.  However, good luck if you can find one insurance company in Thailand that currently offer this amount of cover.  Buy one that has the cheapest premium and you are comfortable with (Terms & Conditions) that meets the Thailand Pass requirement.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Yes I found this company and they speak good English professional. They want the PCR test sent day 1 then release documents. Cheap.and the bigger ones were terrible to deal with. I also found the middle man underwriter for ALLIANZ 2300 BAHT to enter the Philippines. A day with a result. It's a patient's game.

4 hours ago, malt25 said:

Bought a 650 Baht policy this morning. 

That's all you need. I will buy a fake departure ticket incase l get a smarty at Thai immigration questions why l.domt have full insurance on retirement

3 hours ago, dsj said:

You will also need medical insurance to enter the Philippines, at least I did in March, also you need to do a quick anti gen ATK test.

To enter Thailand you need a PCR test. Antigen only accepted in the Philippines

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Davidtom said:

To enter Thailand you need a PCR test. Antigen only accepted in the Philippines

Currently if you are fully vaccinated, no test (PCR nor Antigen) required to enter Thailand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Davidtom said:

That's all you need. I will buy a fake departure ticket incase l get a smarty at Thai immigration questions why l.domt have full insurance on retirement

I really don't think that you need to go to these extraordinary lengths if you've taken out an acceptable 10k USD policy. I'm in an identical situation to yours, except that I'll be travelling to and from France rather than the Philippines next month and have no intention to purchase a fake departure ticket for my eventual return to Thailand!

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

I really don't think that you need to go to these extraordinary lengths if you've taken out an acceptable 10k USD policy. I'm in an identical situation to yours, except that I'll be travelling to and from France rather than the Philippines next month and have no intention to purchase a fake departure ticket for my eventual return to Thailand!

True I won't do that l already will have re entry permit. I'm leaving from Thailand anyway 

On 5/11/2022 at 1:23 AM, Kopitiam said:

Currently if you are fully vaccinated, no test (PCR nor Antigen) required to enter Thailand.

Yes l forget they changed the rules. But l will do a pharmacy antigen test to be sure. Because if you test positive on entry. You pay big money quarantine

59 minutes ago, Davidtom said:

Yes l forget they changed the rules. But l will do a pharmacy antigen test to be sure. Because if you test positive on entry. You pay big money quarantine

If you are fully vaccinated, there is no testing on arrival at all.  If you test positive with a self test Antigen test later and do not require hospitalisation, you quietly isolated yourself at home.  Nothing to worry.

• Like 1