Medication

lelapin

I take the following medicines / vitamins daily (some before breakfast, some after and some after dinner).

I have had conflicting advice from different hospitals on which to take and when and was hoping I might get some useful advice here as I am 81 and recovering from several serious medical conditions and believe that the effectiveness of the various medicines can be affected by when I take them.

** Before breakfast **

Omeprazole 20mg

Euthyrox

** After breakfast **

Diovan 40mg                                                          

Tumeric/Curcumin +

5% Piperin

Mevalotin 40mg

Cod Liver Oil 1000mg

** After dinner **

Tumeric/Curcumin +

5% Piperin

Aspirin 81mg                                                             

Glucosamine & Chondroitin

Multi Vitamin 70+

Edited by lelapin

I get regular medication from the NHS, and am good friends with the pharmacist at what I would call the 'shires' most well known hospital, she says taking vitamins - when I asked about upping my intake of them- is a waste of time, you should be getting all the vitamins you need from your diet. I guess that may be different in your eighties

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I get regular medication from the NHS, and am good friends with the pharmacist at what I would call the 'shires' most well known hospital, she says taking vitamins - when I asked about upping my intake of them- is a waste of time, you should be getting all the vitamins you need from your diet. I guess that may be different in your eighties

Mine is Multi Vitamin 70+ and choice of diet is not always easy living in Thailand. My concern is not what I take but when.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

you should be getting all the vitamins you need from your diet.

Got to love such statements in our fat upon fat Micky D world. 

15 hours ago, lelapin said:

Mine is Multi Vitamin 70+ and choice of diet is not always easy living in Thailand.

But suspect chance is better here than USA - where XXL (not Asian size) seems to be the new M.  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I don't see any issue with the timing of your medications

But be aware, if you are nto already, that taking both cod liver oil and aspirin may enhance the anticoagulant effect making you soemwhat more prone to bleeding

Many thanks for your comments which I will follow. I was concerned as I had read on Euthyrox: Side Effects, Uses & Dosage - Drugs.com

image.png.4e511aee2bee68f4ca3081bb45b38deb.png

image.png.f79f5aa062a4c665534855d6ec85b550.png

image.png.710d93774145de973120afeb48f77509.pngimage.png.7aa559f4a6d426c30de45b5e15c5ac1c.png

1 hour ago, lelapin said:

Many thanks for your comments which I will follow. I was concerned as I had read on Euthyrox: Side Effects, Uses & Dosage - Drugs.com

image.png.4e511aee2bee68f4ca3081bb45b38deb.png

image.png.f79f5aa062a4c665534855d6ec85b550.png

image.png.710d93774145de973120afeb48f77509.pngimage.png.7aa559f4a6d426c30de45b5e15c5ac1c.png

Omeprazole 20mg

Euthyrox

Indeed these seem to not get together well but change in time of taking would not help from my quick Google check, as omeprazole stays in system, so suspect you have frequent TSH checks to make sure omeprazole is not reducing euthyrox too much.  I take euthyrox as you but do not have the omeprazole issue.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Omeprazole 20mg

Euthyrox

Indeed these seem to not get together well but change in time of taking would not help from my quick Google check, as omeprazole stays in system, so suspect you have frequent TSH checks to make sure omeprazole is not reducing euthyrox too much.  I take euthyrox as you but do not have the omeprazole issue.

As above.

If your clinical response to the euthyrox is OK then all is well.

• Like 1

Just had feedback from my Pyathai Dr and he has confirmed that Euthyrox should be taken on an empty stomach and not with Omeprazole, so I will now take one when I get up in the morning and the other when I go to bed at night.