Can fresh graduate have work permit?

Hi everyone, I'm a fresh graduate and an international student in Thailand. Currently, I've been sending so many job applications and finally got a job offer. Now I'm signing all the papers to move on to the next stage. However, I heard a lot of rumors about foreigners are required to have at least 2 years experience to be accepted for work permit. I searched about work permit requirements in Thailand and couldn't find such things like that. Moreover, my position is not easy for Thais to do because most of the process will be conducted in my language (an Asian language) at a very difficult level, not in Thai. Would there be an exception for me to be accepted for work permit since my position is only for people who speak my language at a native and academic level? Since there are not many Thais who can do it.

Each application for a work permit is judged on its merits. Normally,  applicants would be expected to have experience in their field. This is part of the reason why you tend to see older expats working in senior positions. 

Languages, however, can be an exception.

The staff at the Ministry of Labour are quite reasonable and they will be able to tell why you are applying for the job as long as the description of your job role clearly states that your work will be conducted in a specific foreign language.

There are no specific rules related to qualifications or experience in order to receive a work permit. However, the Labour Department is supposed to deny applications where there are Thais who are available and equally capable of carrying out the job in question. If you lack experience, you would need some other qualification (such as being a native speaker of a foreign language relevant for the job) to justify why you are better suited to the position than a Thai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

There are no specific rules related to qualifications or experience in order to receive a work permit. However, the Labour Department is supposed to deny applications where there are Thais who are available and equally capable of carrying out the job in question. If you lack experience, you would need some other qualification (such as being a native speaker of a foreign language relevant for the job) to justify why you are better suited to the position than a Thai.

Thank you very much, hopefully I can be qualified for the visa. My job but requires strong skills of my language at a native level because the terms and phrases are difficult for those who are not native. It's like misunderstanding one word can change the whole situation, so they prefer native speaker more.

• 2 weeks later...