Tourist visa application cancelled

Hi, I applied on E-visa for a 60 day Tourist SETV from UK (so dealt with via London) on 30th April, £30 Fee was taken on submission, the Visa was approved on 4th May, had email confirmation. Seemless transaction.

Notes: You must answer all questions asked and upload supporting evidence files where required. If you leave any blank or nothing uploaded it can be rejected and payment forfeited as per T&Cs of site also make sure you upload files in either jpeg or PNG formats - NOT PDFs (Could this be the reason?) 

It was a bit of messing about but not too hard - for my visa two of the answers I done hand written statements, signed & dated them uploaded, as advised by others. Hope this helps you and others a good guide here:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, morocco said:

I have always used The Official Government of Cambodia E visa website. Never a problem. Used it almost every year for the last 10 years.

And how, pray tell, does that help the OP, who wants a visa for Thailand, not Cambodia?

On 5/12/2022 at 2:19 PM, Lokie said:

Hi, I applied on E-visa for a 60 day Tourist SETV from UK (so dealt with via London) on 30th April, £30 Fee was taken on submission, the Visa was approved on 4th May, had email confirmation. Seemless transaction.

Notes: You must answer all questions asked and upload supporting evidence files where required. If you leave any blank or nothing uploaded it can be rejected and payment forfeited as per T&Cs of site also make sure you upload files in either jpeg or PNG formats - NOT PDFs (Could this be the reason?) 

It was a bit of messing about but not too hard - for my visa two of the answers I done hand written statements, signed & dated them uploaded, as advised by others. Hope this helps you and others a good guide here:

Which 2 questions were they  in the online app ?

Edited by freedomnow

On 5/13/2022 at 8:36 PM, freedomnow said:

Which 2 questions were they  in the online app ?

Hi soz for delay;

There was two questions I hand written and the proof of accomadation presented me in my case a little issue as below;

Q5. Proof of accom (I stay in same rental 10+ yrs which is all arranged via SMS - they no have website) so I laid out my own Accom recipt in a word doc with the Landlady's details (Tel No etc) on covering my stay dates Frm - To and price paid (which will actually be paid in cash in person) This was only thing I was worried about but it worked for me.

Q8 & Q9 These are only applicable to METV, NA for me as I was applying for 60 day SETV so hand written statement that this is not applicable for a 60 day Single Entry Visa as the young lady in YT vid advised, took pic with phone & uploaded it in jpeg used for both these questions.

As said submitted application, paid £30 on submission and got VISA approved and emailed back 4 days later 

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:12 AM, Leon1980 said:

Yes I paid in full. The money has been taken from my account by kasikorn bank.

The UK embassy in London processes the visa applications for the UK and Ireland.

You mean the Thai embassy, the UK does not have embassies in the UK!

On 5/11/2022 at 4:06 PM, geisha said:

Is it something to do with not able to have 2 visas within 6 months of the last .? Or refused because you stayed more than 180 days of your yearly quota. My excuse, I can’t remember the actual wording of what I read. It’s on the website rules somewhere. 

I heard about the 180 days guideline, but having to wait 6 month to get the next visa, is that a thing??  How do people do visa runs if this is true?

3 minutes ago, wn78 said:

I heard about the 180 days guideline, but having to wait 6 month to get the next visa, is that a thing??  How do people do visa runs if this is true?

There is no written 180 day rule. That is just a false reason for denying entry to the country that immigration has used.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2022 at 12:26 PM, Alidiver said:

Just a thought. Bank Statements have to be verified by the bank and contain your home address and name. Downloads from mobile banking are not accepted. 

Is that absolutely the case? I have just uploaded one from Chase Bank which is has their logo all over it but you're saying that's not acceptable? 

25 minutes ago, pasak said:

Is that absolutely the case? I have just uploaded one from Chase Bank which is has their logo all over it but you're saying that's not acceptable? 

I uploaded .jpg screenshots of .pdf statement downloads (Royal Bank of Scotland & Nationwide) for our applications and they were granted without any problems. Mine came through in 3 days, wifes took a week, possibly due to being born in Thailand and having changed her name (didn't use her Thai passport due to having no vaccination record against her Thai name).

The online application pages are somewhat confusing as to whether .pdf or .jpg is needed, I just tried one and if it wouldn't upload tried the other format.

Andrew

39 minutes ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

I uploaded .jpg screenshots of .pdf statement downloads (Royal Bank of Scotland & Nationwide) for our applications and they were granted without any problems. Mine came through in 3 days, wifes took a week, possibly due to being born in Thailand and having changed her name (didn't use her Thai passport due to having no vaccination record against her Thai name).

The online application pages are somewhat confusing as to whether .pdf or .jpg is needed, I just tried one and if it wouldn't upload tried the other format.

Andrew

On the non O visa application form here in the UK there are two places to submit financial evidence: #4 & #10 of the final page. It appears you can only upload one file per place. #4 is about financial evidence and #10 is to do with bank statements. They both amount to the same thing. I suppose I could upload the uncertified statements in one place and go to a different bank for stamped and certified statements in the other place. How did you interpret it? 

I have to say that the poor spelling, syntax and grammar across the whole application form beggars belief. You'd think someone would come up with the idea of reorganizing it for the betterment of everyone concerned.