Tourist visa application cancelled

Hi.

I had applied 5 days ago for a tourist visa and just received an auto reply saying it had been cancelled with no further information.

I did everything right and sent bank statement, copy of flights, decoration form, photos. 

They have not given me a reason and I have no idea what to do.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did they do?

Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20220511-022205_1.png

Ok great.

I'm an Irish citizen. I applied through the Thai e visa online to the UK embassy. 

I have never overstayed. I am 41. My most recent visit was with a tourist visa and although I did get covid extensions I left in February, one month before my visa was due to expire. 

I emailed the embassy before I applied and they told me everything required and I did all that, bank statements, flights , decoration form, photo and photo me with passport.

Thanks

4 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I'm assuming that's a typo, I don't think the UK Embassy process visas to Thailand

Presumably, the meaning is the Royal Thai Embassy in London (that represents Thailand in the UK and Ireland).

• Like 1

As you seem to have been in email contact with the Embassy I would forward this cancellation email to them for their comment.  Is the sending address for the email credible?  When you sign in to your evisa account does the application still appear or has it vanished?

On the evisa site was there not an email to contact with any issues, like www. xxxxxLON4. co .th  or Lon5  , i had an issue a while ago,   and the email addresses for help were not the ones on the embassy website.

Edited by howerde
missing text

Thanks for replies. The visa says "finished" on the e visa website. But they have cancelled according to the email and there is no attachment to download. 

I've been looking into it and I'm not the only one. Many people have had visa application cancelled for no apparent reason.

Because of this I have just moved my flight from may 30 to June 13 to give extra time.

I'm not sure what to do next as they don't reply to emails. I gave everything requested and more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Aren't Visas for Thailand processed inside Thailand and just issued at Embassys ?

They are processed by the embassy or official consulate where you apply for a visa.

10 hours ago, Leon1980 said:

Ok great.

I'm an Irish citizen. I applied through the Thai e visa online to the UK embassy. 

I have never overstayed. I am 41. My most recent visit was with a tourist visa and although I did get covid extensions I left in February, one month before my visa was due to expire. 

I emailed the embassy before I applied and they told me everything required and I did all that, bank statements, flights , decoration form, photo and photo me with passport.

Thanks

How long were you in Thailand before and on what visa & which visa did you apply for this time ?

Maybe that plays a part.

It's only May 11th - if email isn't working why not write a quick letter asking them to reply via email, they'll have it in a day or two - maybe worth a try and will cost the price of a stamp - esp' if you register it.

Edited by Pmbkk

Back in the day the Thai consulate in Hull would answer the phone straight away,issue visas really quickly without any hassle and were just damn helpful ,i miss those days cos the embassy in London is hopeless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boyn said:

Back in the day the Thai consulate in Hull would answer the phone straight away,issue visas really quickly without any hassle and were just damn helpful ,i miss those days cos the embassy in London is hopeless.

Not just hopeless but a tad acerbic!

12 hours ago, Leon1980 said:

Yes I paid in full. The money has been taken from my account by kasikorn bank.

The UK embassy in London processes the visa applications for the UK and Ireland.

You mean ,I'm sure, the Thai Embassy in the UK. Some here are being pedantic

I think the clue is on the.email."auto.generated" which means you didn't provide the correct paperwork probably.missed.something.

You would think.(but this is Thailand) Nobody would.of actually.looked.at.your.paperwork and sent an auto generated.email.back

• Like 1

Is it something to do with not able to have 2 visas within 6 months of the last .? Or refused because you stayed more than 180 days of your yearly quota. My excuse, I can’t remember the actual wording of what I read. It’s on the website rules somewhere. 

It's probably based on your prior history of coming to THA... It might appear to them you are living in Thailand (and doing so with multiple tourist visas and COVID extensions). Your best bet is to come in on 30 day VER (visa exempt), followed by a 30 day extension of stay, and then apply for the proper visa in county based on what you are really try to do (work, study, marry, having Thai children, retirement, etc )

On 5/11/2022 at 8:42 AM, Leon1980 said:

most recent visit was with a tourist visa and although I did get covid extensions I left in February, one month before my visa was due to expire. 

Why would you get a COVID extension if you where going to leave before your prior tourist visa expires? Remember, COVID extensions (which are not visas) are intended for those unable to travel due to covid. But then you leave before the COVID extension/current tourist visa  expires. There are a number of red flags here. Just a theory

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

It's probably based on your prior history of coming to THA... It might appear to them you are living in Thailand (and doing so with multiple tourist visas and COVID extensions).

If that were the issue I think the application would have been denied/rejected, not cancelled.

Cancelled implies something was missing or there was a glitch in the software.

OP if you cannot get hold of anyone to ask about this, you either could try reapplying, or else enter visa exempt - in either case cancel the payment made for the cancelled application first via your credit card