Non O/A VIsa- Insurance from UK?

Hi guys, I am applying for NON O/A visa and I am planning to get visa from my home country- UK. Any brits here who have applied for insurance from the UK? If so, which insurance company do you recommend? 

Thanks folks. 

If you look on Thai pass website they have recommendation. Its on page 3 from memory they offer a number of packages from 7 days onward you can use this.

When I applied in January I used Axa Thailand which is recognized insurance company for Thai pass and found value for money. Never needed to use it.

Thailand site. www.axa.co.th then they have it as inbound insurance.

42 minutes ago, funkykyle said:

Hi guys, I am applying for NON O/A visa

That's not common these days.

Clearly no plans to retire in thailand.

Non O retirement would be your best option.

BTW you can obtain non O in UK or in Thailand. 

Note insurance requirements for non O-A change Sept 1. 

Edited by DrJack54

Dont do it. Many people regret the OA option and change to O visa because of the continued insurance burden every year. O visa has no insurance associated with it, but you will need 800k in Thai bank or an income of 65k per month transferred into Thailand from abroad if you intended to apply for a 12 month extension of stay once in Thailand. There are qualifying periods for the money that I cant quote of hand at the moment.

If you dont mind the continued insurance of an OA then its a good option to get 2 years out of the visa. You get stamped in for 12 months every time you enter Thailand, assuming you have valid OA insurance. If you leave and re enter Thailand just before the visa expires you will still get a 12 month stamp, again insurance has to be valid. A re entry permit is required to keep the permission to stay stamp valid after the visa expires.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:45 PM, DrJack54 said:

BTW you can obtain non O in UK or in Thailand. 

Hi DrJack, i thought only OA available from outside Thailand, im looking at the online Evisa and can only see OA and OX. 

For Non O , do you have to apply in person?

TIA

55 minutes ago, sidgy said:

Hi DrJack, i thought only OA available from outside Thailand, im looking at the online Evisa and can only see OA and OX. 

For Non O , do you have to apply in person?

TIA

You can only obtain non O-A in country where you are a citizen or permanent resident..

The non O based on retirement can be obtained in your home country or Thai consulates.

It can also be obtained in Thailand after entry via visa exemption or tourist visa.

Where are you currently and what type of visa are you after. 

Only some countries provide eVisa. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where are you currently and what type of visa are you after. 

Only some countries provide eVisa. 

Im UK citizen currently in Thailand,(leaving tonight) working in the North sea on 3on 3 off rotation.

I previously had Non O based on retirement, and before that on marriage,  but this elapsed last year when unable to travel back to Thailand.

I have been travelling back on my time off using visa exempt but obviously the stamps are starting to build up and  having to leave Thailand after 3weeks, to return to work,  before any extension on visa exempt can be made .

I still have the 800k in Thai bank but always thought a Non O was only available inside Thailand

13 minutes ago, sidgy said:

still have the 800k in Thai bank but always thought a Non O was only available inside Thailand

Non O marriage is often obtained outside of Thailand.

Given you are exiting Thailand VERY soon, I suggest you reenter next time visa exempt.

After entry and 30 day stamp you can apply straight away for non O marriage or retirement.

The next step for extension is difficult as you require 2 months for the 800k to season prior to application for extension.

You could buy a reentry permit to protect your 90 day permission of stay then when in Thailand and having satisfied the 2 month money in bank obtain an extension.

I'm sure there must be a better way and expert such as @ubonjoe can help you.

I have read reports of oil gas guys being advised to obtain visa rather than visa exempt ongoing.

Edited by DrJack54

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have read reports of oil gas guys being advised to obtain visa rather than visa exempt ongoing.

Yes, i had been using visa exempt for 9+ years before i was pulled and "advised" by an IO to get a visa.

Thanks for your insight, For some reason i was thinking i had to wait until near the end of the 30 days before applying for an extension, the way you describe , if doable, will be a much preferred option, thanks 

Edited by sidgy
missed out sentence