New Food Delivery Platform Launched to Help Restaurants and Consumers

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

And you know this will be the outcome......... how? 

Supply and Demand tells us that when things get cheaper, demand goes up. Therefore, it is entirely reasonable to anticipate that if food delivery gets cheaper, more people will have their food delivered. 

That sounds like MORE jobs, not FEWER. 

So, what's your basis for believing this program will "put people out of work?" 

Cheers! 

I didn’t say it would. I said it could.

If that was not clear then I will endeavour to be clearer on that point. .

My reason for thinking this is abundantly clear in previous posts. 

Edited by Bluespunk

34 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I didn’t say it would. I said it could.

If that was not clear then I will endeavour to be clearer on that point. .

My reason for thinking this is abundantly clear in previous posts. 

So, what you want is a system that couldn't.......... (since you didn't say "would" ????????????)............ even though I've shown you in half a dozen ways.......... and at length............ that such a thing can't really exist?

That no matter what the government does, it's always....... ALWAYS......... going to hurt someone in some way, even while it's trying to help. If it's not these specific jobs, it'll be other jobs. Or businesses. Or property values. Or raising taxes. Or, or, or. The list is almost endless. 

It is IMPOSSIBLE for the government to eliminate the bad, just like it's impossible for the rest of us. Like it or not, you're going to get the bad with the good. That's just how it is. 

So the idea that the government should NEVER do things that will cost people jobs............ is ridiculous in the extreme. It's an idea that doesn't even come close to being in touch with reality. 

So.......... Sorry......... 

I guess we're done here. 

Cheers! 

12 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

So, what you want is a system that couldn't.......... (since you didn't say "would" ????????????)............ even though I've shown you in half a dozen ways.......... and at length............ that such a thing can't really exist?

I don’t want anything personally. I just questioned a government setting up an initiative that could put workers out of a job. 

On 5/13/2022 at 3:52 PM, scorecard said:

But it would be nice, in many countries, to share 'the wealth' a little more!  And there are countries where social attitudes push hard for a better 'share of the wealth'.

One could certainly get behind such sentiments but in Thailand it doesn't seem so much; the country has one of the most unequal distributions of wealth on the planet ????

7 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

One could certainly get behind such sentiments but in Thailand it doesn't seem so much; the country has one of the most unequal distributions of wealth on the planet ????

Not according to this: 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/wealth-inequality-by-country

Or this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_income_equality

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I think both cites you list support my point...as would any Google search.

Then you didn't read or understand the links.  Thailand far from, what you stated as  "one of the most unequal distributions of wealth on the planet"

On 5/13/2022 at 3:08 PM, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Hmmm. 

Do you think you can generate enough additional business to pay for a substantial capital investment like 2 e-motorcycles?

You can't really pay for them out of the profits of your existing business, because then you're just buying toys. You've got to be able to pay for them out of the additional business this new direction allows you to generate.

I dunno, 2 e-motorcycles seems like a mighty big hurdle! 555

Cheers! 

And he'd also have to invest in an online platform to allow people the convenience of browsing his menu, seeing pictures, reading reviews, ordering and paying, and tracking.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Then you didn't read or understand the links.  Thailand far from, what you stated as  "one of the most unequal distributions of wealth on the planet"

Silly me...relying on mainstream media for my opinions:

Thailand’s wealth inequality is the highest in the world

https://www.aseantoday.com/2019/01/thailands-wealth-inequality-is-the-highest-in-the-world-what-does-this-mean-for-upcoming-elections/

First, we need to admit that Thailand is among the 10 most unequal countries on this planet for wealth distribution. It is reasonable to think that there must be more structural problems behind the above-mentioned usual causes of inequality. I believe these problems lie in our social and political system. Many research studies have pointed to this aberration. They reveal the country’s extreme concentration of economic power controlled by a handful of billionaires, declining competitiveness in the private sector, and worsening corruption.

https://tdri.or.th/en/2020/01/thai-inequality-what-we-should-know/

Thailand has the greatest wealth gap in the world: Report

https://www.aljazeera.com/videos/2018/12/21/thailand-has-the-greatest-wealth-gap-in-the-world-report

Anyone with even a little knowledge of the political economy of Thailand already knows this.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Silly me...relying on mainstream media for my opinions:

Thailand’s wealth inequality is the highest in the world

https://www.aseantoday.com/2019/01/thailands-wealth-inequality-is-the-highest-in-the-world-what-does-this-mean-for-upcoming-elections/

First, we need to admit that Thailand is among the 10 most unequal countries on this planet for wealth distribution. It is reasonable to think that there must be more structural problems behind the above-mentioned usual causes of inequality. I believe these problems lie in our social and political system. Many research studies have pointed to this aberration. They reveal the country’s extreme concentration of economic power controlled by a handful of billionaires, declining competitiveness in the private sector, and worsening corruption.

https://tdri.or.th/en/2020/01/thai-inequality-what-we-should-know/

Thailand has the greatest wealth gap in the world: Report

https://www.aljazeera.com/videos/2018/12/21/thailand-has-the-greatest-wealth-gap-in-the-world-report

Anyone with even a little knowledge of the political economy of Thailand already knows this.

3 opinion editorials, 2 based on nothing, and nothing provide, and 1 based on a 3.5 yr old study.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So you're saying things have changed over the past 3.5 years...2 of them devastated by Covid? 

Don't know, don't care.  Just expressing my opinion, that the editorials are just that, opinions, and probably flawed, providing no current info to back up their conclusion.

As always, simply give me the best service for the best price.  The who, what & why, I don't care about.  Those factors are out of my control, and I'll leave to them to sort out.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't know, don't care.  Just expressing my opinion, that the editorials are just that, opinions, and probably flawed, providing no current info to back up their conclusion.

As always, simply give me the best service for the best price.  The who, what & why, I don't care about.  Those factors are out of my control, and I'll leave to them to sort out.

Yes...but usually editorial writings rely on a base of facts to support their opinions. In this case that Thailand has one of the most unequal distributions of wealth in the world. Here is another citation, if another is needed, to support my point:

Inequality is nothing new in Thailand. The 2018 Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report ranked Thailand as the global number one in terms of wealth inequality, overtaking Russia and India.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/08/covid-19-a-catalyst-for-rising-inequality-in-thailand/#:~:text=Inequality is nothing new in,in Thailand in some way.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes...but usually editorial writings rely on a base of facts to support their opinions. In this case that Thailand has one of the most unequal distributions of wealth in the world. Here is another citation, if another is needed, to support my point:

Inequality is nothing new in Thailand. The 2018 Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report ranked Thailand as the global number one in terms of wealth inequality, overtaking Russia and India.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/08/covid-19-a-catalyst-for-rising-inequality-in-thailand/#:~:text=Inequality is nothing new in,in Thailand in some way.

Are you even reading the links you are posting.  That is not 'another' one, just the same report your very first links info is based on.  From that link: "According to the Credit Suisse report..."  It's still the same 3.5 yr old report.  Nice try.

Have nice day .... Peace out.

Edited by KhunLA

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Are you even reading the links you are posting.  That is not 'another' one, just the same report your very first links info is based on.  From that link: "According to the Credit Suisse report..."  It's still the same 3.5 yr old report.  Nice try.

Have nice day .... Peace out.

So you disagree with Credit Suisse's, a well know investment bank, analysis? Okay, over and out.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

39 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So you disagree with Credit Suisse's, a well know investment bank, analysis? Okay, over and out.

'Have nice day .... Peace out ' = I'm out of this conversation.

Have a nice day ... Peace out

• Like 1