Thai Immigration getting their act together

32 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Baby steps, my friend. At least they're trying.

Yes, I did say it was "BRILLIANT".

The ONE thing I have control over with the 90-day reporting is knowing WHEN my next report is due; it's printed on the Receipt of Notification form.

Receiving an email, is well, superfluous for me. For some here it seems like the thai-equivalent of the moon landing.

Now receiving information in a Rejection email, about why it was rejected, might actually be useful.

Yes, I will stipulate that this newest system is a significant improvement, over the first system launched some 6-ish years ago.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And it doesn't end up in the Spam folder.

No it wouldn't end up in your spam folder would it. Because it comes from the same address as your notification email from 3 months ago. And you'd have been watching out for that and made sure the address was tagged 'not junk'. ????

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I hope one day they will stop to require this pointless 90 days report

Everying - INCLUDING immigration officers - wish the same thing. They got almost all the bad guys out, kept the good guys in, so it's time to put it to a rest.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Everying - INCLUDING immigration officers - wish the same thing. They got almost all the bad guys out, kept the good guys in, so it's time to put it to a rest.

The craziest = most idiotic thing is: 90-days-reportimg was created against crimiinals! That means, watching where they stay (by reporting)? That was the intention of IMO!!!

What a laughing stock. Just those criminals would like to report their location ???:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by puck2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I live near my local immigration office in Khon Kaen.  I like to go there to do my 90 day report because when I go there for my  visa extension they might remember me as a regular who turns up on time and is polite to them during the year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

After 20 years in Thailand, dealing with immogration several times per year, I came to the conclusion that it's better and 100% sure to let an agent handle your Visa or other requirements at Immigration.

No need to harvest 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank.
No need to pay for an expensive and useless Health Insurance.
Just play the game like Immigration wants it.

Go to an agent, give him/her your passport and pay the price.

VISA GUARANTEED AND NO DEALING WITH THE B......T OF IMMIGRATION!!!!!!

Never had to keep 800,000 Baht in the bank (or anything like it)

Never had to buy expensive health insurance. (nor could I at my age)

Always complied with the wishes of immigration. (it's no hardship Whatsoever)

Never paid the exorbitant fees required by agents (just 1,900 Baht to immigration)

Extension guaranteed on every occasion and always with a friendly smile.

Throw your money away if you wish, I've got better things to do with it.

• Like 1

Unfortunately a 90 day report in person and a 90 day report online do not appear to be linked. Having successfully reported online in January, I renewed my visa based on retirement in March and was given a new 90 day extension, valid 'til June. I still, however, received the"polite reminder" to renew my 90 day extension online in April based on my previous online renewal in January. So, they haven't quite got it together yet!

7 minutes ago, Admiral Hornblower said:

So, they haven't quite got it together yet!

"Baby steps" is what another member here says we should expect.

The general consensus here is that you should ignore the reminder and file -14 online with your June date.

3 hours ago, Confuscious said:

After 20 years in Thailand, dealing with immogration several times per year, I came to the conclusion that it's better and 100% sure to let an agent handle your Visa or other requirements at Immigration.

No need to harvest 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank.
No need to pay for an expensive and useless Health Insurance.
Just play the game like Immigration wants it.

Go to an agent, give him/her your passport and pay the price.

VISA GUARANTEED AND NO DEALING WITH THE B......T OF IMMIGRATION!!!!!!

I agree 100%. If I could afford it, I'd join you.

We live in the real world. It has been easy for many years to set up automatically and at last it has been done - better late than never.

In this real world, even the best of us sometimes forget our responsibilities and important dates to remember. I give credit to those who know this and try to help us with a system that doesn't require anybody in large organisations to do anything except set it up in the first place.

My agent frames these notifications as "friendly reminders" closer to the point in time when action now or sooner is needed. I find this useful. I have a busy life and I appreciate others care about that; they are "on the ball" when maybe I might have lost track a bit.

Accept them in good faith and say to yourself, thank you, as it happens, I hadn't forgotten!

• Sad 1

On 5/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

Myself and many others have gotten the message after doing a report on new online reporting system.

You can look a the pinned topic about the new online reporting system to read other posts about it.

Mr Ubonjoe did you notice that if one does the 90 day online then one gets at the most 80 /82 days instead of 90.

I done the 90 day online twice and did report 14 day before due date ,Lost twice 14 days so I got 76 days  not 90. 

It doesn't matter because we can do the online at home.

24 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Mr Ubonjoe did you notice that if one does the 90 day online then one gets at the most 80 /82 days instead of 90.

I done the 90 day online twice and did report 14 day before due date ,Lost twice 14 days so I got 76 days  not 90. 

It doesn't matter because we can do the online at home.

For as long as I have been able to do 90 day reports online I have been doing them early and the new report date is 90 days from when I do the report.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For as long as I have been able to do 90 day reports online I have been doing them early and the new report date is 90 days from when I do the report.

Thank you.

Yes 90 day from the day one report,But one has to do the next report at least 7 day before the due date, Right ?

So back to the around 80/82 days not 90 days.

I was doing mine 14 days before due due date ,that's what i was saying  that I lost 14 days twice.

13 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Yes 90 day from the day one report,But one has to do the next report at least 7 day before the due date, Right ?

A online report can be done up to the report date. There is no 7 days before requirement.

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A online report can be done up to the report date. There is no 7 days before requirement.

Ok that's something new to me  Are you 100% sure?

Maybe I red an old online news from    Embassy.com

I red online :

You cannot do ONLINE reporting not earlier that 15 days before the reporting date and not later than 7 days before the reporting date.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:34 PM, lungbing said:

I live near my local immigration office in Khon Kaen.  I like to go there to do my 90 day report because when I go there for my  visa extension they might remember me as a regular who turns up on time and is polite to them during the year.

And You take the Khanoms ??