Bank statement

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe they still want at least 5 workdays to obtain.

It can sometimes take a few days longer if cross-provincial.  If, for instance your home branch where you opened your original account is in Chang Mai and you are applying at a branch in Pattaya but even then, usually 5 days.

Timing can be tricky because Jomtien Immigration told me the statement could not be more than 3 working days old so if you have any doubt, check with Bangkok Bank in advance.

Edited by dddave

If it's a different branch than where you are at, requesting the 1 year's statement... it's 7 days AFTER you request and pay for the statement.

Side note is that TH Immigration will need to see you THAT SAME DAY YOU PICK UP THE STATEMENT (for reasons I've never quite fathomed) 

Edited by Pawpcorn
Typo

10 minutes ago, dddave said:

Timing can be tricky because Jomtien Immigration told me the statement could not be more than 3 working days old so if you have any doubt, check with Bangkok Bank in advance.

Know they have strange rules but that seems very strange as a statement is  for a set period of time which only needs to cover the last 12 months of deposits and is normally more than 3 days old when provided as local branch just provides what they are sent from Hqs.  The current bank balance is another letter from branch and indeed that is time sensitive, needing to be same day in Bangkok.

17 minutes ago, Pawpcorn said:

Side note is that TH Immigration will need to see you THAT SAME DAY YOU PICK UP THE STATEMENT (for reasons I've never quite fathomed) 

Which branch is this?  Have never been told any such thing from Bangkok and have never provided the same day.

I don't know why they need a 12 month statement, they already have your

bank book with all the details , plus a letter from the bank on the day, to

say you have at least 800.000 in the bank,  overkill.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

I went in yesterday to order a statement (Tuesday). Told to pick it up Friday. That's good I thought. No not this Friday (the 20th) but next Friday the 27th,  8 working days.. Bangkok Bank Central Festival (Beach Road) my home branch.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, lopburi3 said:

Which branch is this?  Have never been told any such thing from Bangkok and have never provided the same day.

Sorry for the slow response, just noticed this today.

That same-day rule is in force at Udon Thani's Immigration.

I just sort of assumed it was that way everywhere, but perhaps I was wrong.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:49 PM, worgeordie said:

I don't know why they need a 12 month statement, they already have your

bank book with all the details , plus a letter from the bank on the day, to

say you have at least 800.000 in the bank,  overkill.

regards worgeordie

This is needed when using the monthly income transfer method of Retirement Extension.

I think the detailed statement has the details of the exact SOURCE of the income, which Immigration wants to see.

12 minutes ago, Pawpcorn said:

This is needed when using the monthly income transfer method of Retirement Extension.

I think the detailed statement has the details of the exact SOURCE of the income, which Immigration wants to see.

The statement covers the entire period - bank book may not if not updated frequently (consolidated entries).  With new regulations on amount in account this becomes an issue.

• Like 1