Endemic Plan Approved, CCSA Endorsement Pending

webfact

18 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The insurance scam is raking in the money, particularly now that the pandemic is for all intents and purposes over.

You do like your TVF cliches don't you.  First it was "Thai Pass cash cow".  Brilliant.  Oh, then when it was pointed out that TP is simple and free you bleat "insurance scam".

The insurance requirements are very low (you can get it for 650 baht - I just did).  You can buy from any foreign insurance company you like, there is no mandate to use any particular company.  If you are employed by a Thai company you are covered by social security so don't need to buy anything.

So please explain these cash cows and scams that are free and non obligatory.  Please try and explain by yourself in your own words without using cliches and TVF buzz words.

And do you not think that everyone involved - government, hoteliers, travel companies - would make a hell of a lot more money were TP and these restriction not in place?

Apply some logic please, can't wait to hear your explanation of this scam.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

You do like your TVF cliches don't you.  First it was "Thai Pass cash cow".  Brilliant.  Oh, then when it was pointed out that TP is simple and free you bleat "insurance scam".

The insurance requirements are very low (you can get it for 650 baht - I just did).  You can buy from any foreign insurance company you like, there is no mandate to use any particular company.  If you are employed by a Thai company you are covered by social security so don't need to buy anything.

So please explain these cash cows and scams that are free and non obligatory.  Please try and explain by yourself in your own words without using cliches and TVF buzz words.

And do you not think that everyone involved - government, hoteliers, travel companies - would make a hell of a lot more money were TP and these restriction not in place?

Apply some logic please, can't wait to hear your explanation of this scam.

TRY and get the Thai Pass without insurance. I'll wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You really are like a dog with a bone. Again, apply for Thai Pass without proof of insurance. STILL waiting.

Sorry you didn't answer how that is a scam. If you had to buy insurance from a single company that was owned by someone in government and it was overpriced I would agree with you.

But you can chose any insurance company you like: Thai or foreign.   So how is it a scam?  Still waiting for you to explain.

And if you have Thai social security (Ie. you are employed here) you are already covered and can submit a letter from your employer in lieu of insurance.  I know people who have done that.

So, again, in your own words, please explain how it is a scam.  

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, d2b2 said:

Not sure why you think it is a cash cow. 
I have an upcoming 2 week trip stateside and then return to Thailand.
I just completed the Thailand Pass registration.

It was very easy and cost absolutely nothing. 
The approval and QR code arrived within 6 hours. The process accepted my existing health insurance policy without asking for any further documentation. 
No fees , no tests, no hotel reservations were requested or required. 
for those risking living or visiting Thailand without any insurance ( the kind we frequently see online seeking donations or “GoFundme” sites to pay their medical expenses) holding them to be responsible may seem overbearing, but really? If they don’t have insurance and can’t afford to get trip insurance, then they aren’t really the “quality” visitors Thailand (or anywhere else) seeks.
All the hoopla and pearl necklace clutching comments on here seem a bit over dramatic when the Thailand pass was free, easy, and quick. Already having  the QR code will likely expedite the Thai immigration process too. 

Announcements are hitting the street that 1 million tourists have arrived this year, and each was required to purchase Covid insurance. The absolute cheapest I've seen is ฿650, and I'd bet most of those tourists bought insurance a lot more expensive. That's a minumum of ฿165,000,000. Don't tell me there aren't brown envelope discussions on how to keep this cash cow alive as long as possible.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Announcements are hitting the street that 1 million tourists have arrived this year, and each was required to purchase Covid insurance. The absolute cheapest I've seen is ฿650, and I'd bet most of those tourists bought insurance a lot more expensive. That's a minumum of ฿165,000,000. Don't tell me there aren't brown envelope discussions on how to keep this cash cow alive as long as possible.

Well done, you managed to drop "brown envelopes" in too!  You are on a roll!

Don't you think most foreign travellers buy travel insurance in their home countries?  So are these foreign companies sending their brown envelopes by DHL?

And if they wanted to keep this "cash cow" rolling why have they been continually decreasing the coverage amount required?  Why wouldn't they still ask for $100k cover?  Why drop it to $50k, then $20k, now $10k?

Again, have a think and then come back to me.  Maybe in your next post you can add "another nail in the tourism industry" then I think you have ticked all the TVF cliche boxes.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 6:53 AM, ezzra said:

As said before Thailand hasn't got the balls to run it's own affairs when it comes to health issue 'waiting for the ok from WHO' funny because on other issues Thailand said many times that the US and the UN are 'not our fathers'.... 

Yep, the WHO planning big things with their "Pandemic Treaty". -Effectively overruling countries' sovereign rights to manage future "pandemics"; lockdowns, medicines, vaccines, etc.

There is a petition that UK citizens can sign to overrule this globalist grab:  https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/614335

Guess which country will be itching to sign anything the WHO put in front of them?

46 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

the cheapest insurance is 4200b per year some 360b/month. That's from fwd. Poor quality, small print. But is unlimited entry. It's unlikely that insurance requirement will be removed, even if TP is gone. 

Many countries, over 30, have introduced insurance during covid times.

Thai citizens always had to buy health insurance for EU visa for the whole stay, and that was in thousands baht per entry.

On top of it, not formally required, a proper but cheap health insurance (including large accident) for some 15-20k, as a back up to the required one, but extending to all medical conditions, post covid complications.

Travel much and happy with your life?

If some 650b (some $20) is too much to add up for international travel, it's just illogical attitude. Million came to thailand without thinking twice. Many payed much more, as they were pre-covid travelling

Edited by internationalism
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Again- try and get it without buying insurance.

Do you not have health insurance? Are you one of the people who expect a Gofundme appeal to cover medical expenses in an emergency?

the Thailand Pass basically accepts all health insurance or trip insurance policies issued from any country. It has no requirement that you buy insurance from Thai providers. It just requires you demonstrate responsibility, but showing you are covered.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

Do you not have health insurance? Are you one of the people who expect a Gofundme appeal to cover medical expenses in an emergency?

the Thailand Pass basically accepts all health insurance or trip insurance policies issued from any country. It has no requirement that you buy insurance from Thai providers. It just requires you demonstrate responsibility, but showing you are covered.

You may as well talk to the wall.  He doesn't reply to any questions, doesn't respond to logical information, he just yells "scam" and then runs away.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You may as well talk to the wall.  He doesn't reply to any questions, doesn't respond to logical information, he just yells "scam" and then runs away.

Look - I recognize an argument looking for a venue. It's a waste of electrons engaging. You go ahead and have whatever last words you want, I'm done.