Saudi Arabia to sell fertiliser to Thailand

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

There is no shortage of fertilizer here.

Sugar cane production is expected to reach near 100 million tonnes here this year.

Those factories make fertilizer be it granular or liquid from the by products.

This should be promoted first at a reasonable price to farmers.

Thank you farmer Jo.

Now here's the real truth about the availability of fertilizer in Thailand.

https://www.ifpri.org/publication/fertilizer-policy-thailand

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Many different types of fertilizers my friend including Manure.  Liquid, and granular as well.

Yes but given  the size of Saudi  Arabia's petro/chemical/agri chemical  industry I think it more likely it will be those that provide  industrial  quantities of fertiliser to Thailand not bedouin goats and camels 'my friend'

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes but given  the size of Saudi  Arabia's petro/chemical/agri chemical  industry I think it more likely it will be those that provide  industrial  quantities of fertiliser to Thailand not bedouin goats and camels 'my friend'

If it is coming from SAFCO then you could be right but if it is coming from Emirates Bio Fertilizers Factory then it could be a balanced manure product.  Lets see if they say who will be exporting it to Thailand.

At least the guys receiving the goods at Laem chabang now have a bit more variety to their daily repertoire.

Instead of thinking "same <deleted>, different day ",   they can now say   " different camel, same smell".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I haven't seen a store without fertilizer here.

I've seen plenty with expensive product in stock.

Nobody said there is a shortage. But there's a potential shortage due to the war in Ukraine, hence this new and fortuitous source from KSA. But you suggested that they could produce it locally from sugarcane residue. Clearly not or they would be doing so.

16 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Nobody said there is a shortage. But there's a potential shortage due to the war in Ukraine, hence this new and fortuitous source from KSA. But you suggested that they could produce it locally from sugarcane residue. Clearly not or they would be doing so.

https://www.soilmate.co.th/home

Edited by farmerjo

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Saudi Arabia has responded positively to Thailand’s request to buy fertiliser from the desert kingdom, to ease the shortage in the country,

I thought Thailand imported plenty of that from China?

• Haha 1