SURVEY: What are your biggest issues in Thailand?

webfact

On 5/20/2022 at 8:20 AM, jacko45k said:

I am of the opinion visitors should respect the country, it's people and it's laws when visiting.  Freedom of speech is not an excuse to deride...

Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law worldwide!

What if the government does not respect the laws and the rights of the people?

I still respect the people.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:48 PM, worgeordie said:

My only real issue here is drivers,that's it ,and it's

not improving as more and more come onto the

roads.

regards Worgeordie

True that is the biggest worry for expats driving, I always worry when driving about lunies and kids transported on bikes. 

Number 2. Is soi dogs. 

And expat long term visa complications should be sorted, 

Edited by kiwikeith

On 5/20/2022 at 8:48 PM, NorthernRyland said:

The raw numbers aren't even what gets me, it's the fact I know one of these idiots is going to get me seriously hurt one day and it will have been completely avoidable if only they would follow simple rules and be respectful.

No Rules Here. Only Culture. 
Road Traffic Rules “ guidelines” at best and not enforced.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:54 PM, KhunLA said:

That's a shame, as you missed Thailand at it's best, with few to no tourist here. 

Especially Phuket, as we literally visited almost all the beaches with less than 10 people on them, if having any.  Water was pristine, with fish no spooked and swimming around.

Yes. Amazing to see the long lovely Karon Beach completely deserted. 
Phuket the best place to see out Covid & get Healthy staying peacefully with Family which I did.
“ Left” here for what ? Hysterical Unfit Restricted Western Covid Cities ? Not for this guy. 

• Like 2

Non effective police force.  So many drivers breaking the law as police officers sit in gold shops playing with their phones. Teenage school kids controling the traffic outside schools to allow students to cross the road. But I do like the Thai smile and the weather .????

On 5/19/2022 at 3:01 PM, vivananahuahin said:

i am married since 2012, renewing extesion each year ok but why so much documenten 5 cm A4 2x pictures, blue book etc marriage copy etc.... is it not enough with some passport copies and a marriage certificate yearly from the amphur and the bank book with required balance, time to go forward with some immigrations laws, they are outdated.

True. 

Immigration got the same marriage certificate from me 20 times, over 100 passport copies and countless family photos in their archives. In other countries, you register your home address once, and you only report your new address if you move house. In Thailand, every 90 days you reports immigration the same address and that nothing has changed. This is only an artificial job creation measure for the civil servants.

Inefficient bureaucracy costs everyone unnecessarily valuable time and money. In addition, they are crazy for collecting personal data with inadequate data security, poorly programmed applications, authorities that are not networked, a lack of digitalization, and form requirements that are not uniform nationwide. These shortcomings apply unfortunately to many authorities and institutions here.

• 2 weeks later...