SURVEY: What are your biggest issues in Thailand?

webfact

11 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

26k Deaths + 15 k Seriously Injured.Every Year Here.

Worlds Worst. Kids driving motorbikes from age 12 here. 3/4 road casualties here are young on mbikes. National disgrace. Nothing Ever Done. 

nobody's listening brother so why keep flogging the dead horse? Thais gunna do what they gunna do, end of.

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But how do those things personally affect you. You can not vote, You can not speak out against this government as your not a Thai. Of course corruption is an issue but just not here in Thailand.  How has corruption affected you, did you pay more to an IO, did you pay a policeman to make something you did go away, Did you have a bag placed over your head because you were being investigated.  What rip off pricing, I have never paid more for anything except going to certain parks, but that has been hit and miss over the past decade.  My hospital costs are still the same as before, and even then everything is negotiable if you take the time.

Never encountered this “double pricing”. Would walk away. 
Agent Retirement Stay w/ Multiple ReEntry & Reporting / No Financials / Guaranteed =26k Year. No Imm Direct Dealings.Minimum Govt. Dealings.

Culture/Politics/Govt. Form/People/Food = No Interest / Little Comment. 

14 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

26k Deaths + 15 k Seriously Injured.Every Year Here.

Worlds Worst. Kids driving motorbikes from age 12 here. 3/4 road casualties here are young on mbikes. National disgrace. Nothing Ever Done. 

The raw numbers aren't even what gets me, it's the fact I know one of these idiots is going to get me seriously hurt one day and it will have been completely avoidable if only they would follow simple rules and be respectful.

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

Yes,I did perceive that thinking wasn’t one of your strengths…

I have many better to things to think about rather than wasting my time on 1. Things i cannot change and 2. Things i don't care about.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

nobody's listening brother so why keep flogging the dead horse? Thais gunna do what they gunna do, end of.

Farangs here should be listening. Was responding to a casual farang underestimate of road deaths here relative to total population. 

Thais will be Thais. Farangs must Drive Super Self-Defensively. Job Done.  I agree that otherwise not our business and will never change. ????????

No problem what so ever, I left right before the pandemic and all the 800k in the bank mess. 

Best decision I ever made.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, garyk said:

No problem what so ever, I left right before the pandemic and all the 800k in the bank mess. 

Best decision I ever made.

So you left Thailand sometime late 2019 and yet here you are to let us know.

Busman's holiday.

BTW while I obviously couldn't have know it at the time, the best decision maybe I ever made was spending about a month in USofA August 2019 and putting my affairs in order such that I, for the foreseeable future or maybe if ever, have to return to US.

And I don't put 800k baht in the bank either -- the 65K per month SWIFT transfer works out just fine.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BonMot said:

I will be forced to live in BKK for at least four more years

No one is forced to live anywhere, unless you're in jail. 

2 hours ago, BonMot said:

Bangkok is in very, very serious need of green spaces. Quality parks and recreation. It's a very ugly city

I've always found Bangkok to be a beautiful city with many beautiful people. 

I don't live in Bangkok but each and every time I go there I'm so excited to be back. 

From your comments I reckon it's time for you to find another country to live. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do the two-month deposit and first month's rent on a condo overlooking the ocean in a non-smoking building with signs everywhere that say "no smoking!" and threatening steep fines and even imprisonment for failure to obey only to find out the next day that the next-door neighbors are furiously puffing away every chance they get with door ajar, and their balcony fair game as well.

Reporting them to building management does nothing so far and expectations for a resolution are not good.

Meanwhile I have to wear a mask when I go out to protect our lungs from a virus that, relative to the risk I bear from constant exposure to second-hand smoke, poses me little to no threat.

Did I mention that Thailand wants to position itself as the health and wellness center for the (cough) world?

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 2:28 PM, spidermike007 said:

But I do like alot of Thai people. Mostly women. LOL. I find many to be light-hearted, kind, goofy, humorous, and fun to be around. 

That's just one side of the coin though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

That's just one side of the coin though.

The other side is immature, irresponsible, hotheaded, stingy, ruthless, and the fun doesn't usually last, haha

• Haha 2

How they behave on the roads.. 

Their inability to do any task competently without being distracted.

Their half assed way of doing anything yet thinking they are the centre of the universe. 

I often wonder how the country lurches from one day to the next. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BonMot said:

Bangkok is in very, very serious need of green spaces. Quality parks and recreation. It's a very ugly city.

I agree about the green spaces, but in their defense they just finished completing a huge park on the old Tobacco Monopoly grounds.  

• Like 1