Not very smart, please help

I deposited my 800k on 4/1 and arrived 5/3 visa exempt. The plan was to wait until 6/1 before going to immigration, the idea being that by then the money would have been seasoned for two months so I could immediately receive my retirement not-a-visa and leave all you fools in the dust having paid only 1900 baht for the whole shebang.

Alas, I now see I was the fool as you can only receive the extension if already in possession of the non-O, and I am not, moreover you can only apply for the non-O with 15 or more days remaining on your permission to stay, and I now have only 13.

So, and this is what I'd appreciate getting confirmation on, what I have to do now is get the 30-day (1900 baht) anytime in the next 13 days, then apply for the non-O (1900 baht) anytime after that but within the next 28 days (13 + 30 - 15), then apply for the not-a-visa (1900 baht) after getting the non-O but within the next 133 days (13 + 30 + 90.)

Yes?

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Requirements for the non-o visa is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

The fee is 2000 baht not 1900 baht.

You could apply for the 30 day extension and the non-o visa during the same trip to immigration.

This is first I've seen the 2000 number, is this just for the conversion or is everything now 2000?

30-day and non-O then gives me 120? And for 4000?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

This is first I've seen the 2000 number, is this just for the conversion or is everything now 2000?

30-day and non-O then gives me 120? And for 4000?

A non O visa is 2000baht

All extensions are 1900baht

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

Only a visa application costs 2000 5000 baht. Extensions are still 1900 baht.

4 minutes ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

30-day and non-O then gives me 120?

You need the minimum of 15 days remaining on your extension to allow time for the visa to be approved by the immigration division headquarters that the office you apply at is under,

The 90 days for the non-o visa application normally starts from the day you apply for it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need the minimum of 15 days remaining on your extension to allow time for the visa to be approved by the immigration division headquarters that the office you apply at is under,

The 90 days for the non-o visa application normally starts from the day you apply for it.

Ok sounds like doing both on the same day then is the way to go. Thanks again.

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your making simple sound complicated.

Yes obtain the 30 day extension.

Then apply for non O retirement with 15+ days remaining on permit.

For the non O you require 800k in bank on the day you apply.

That non O gives you 90 day permission of stay.

In the last 30 days of that permit with the money having been in the bank for 2 months apply for 12 month extension. 

Be aware of the ongoing financial requirements.

Be aware that some imm offices require more than the 15 days mentioned above. 

21 days is safest 

22 hours ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

the idea being that by then the money would have been seasoned for two months so I could immediately receive my retirement not-a-visa

There is no seasoning requirement to apply for the non-o visa, you could have done this right after the money was in your bank account.