Attack on Russian teacher in Pattaya: Thai man, 35, admits brutal crime to "relieve stress"

webfact

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Who speculated it was Ukraine motivated, unbelievable. 

It was not wise of this teacher running at night. 

This is true anywhere but applies more in Pattaya, where the dregs of  Thai society congregate. 

Certainly applies where the are mentally dysfunctional people roaming the streets who find random assaults the cure for their obvious mental issues.

• Like 1

You got yourself in trouble when you used the word proactive…everything the police do is reactive as it reflects the culture…nothing in this culture is proactive and I will stand by this general statement..

good for the police for making a quick arrest…

• Thanks 1

I'm glad the guy is caught I've live out that way use to spend a lot of time at the lake. Maybe it is me but when first reported it was suppose to have happened on the Soi Siam side from the CCTV,  that footage is on the other side much darker Soi Choppowittti? At that entrance there is no jogging path like on the Siam side. 

The park suppose to close at 22:00 that isn't a good or safe location since there is lots of illegal activity going on even in the day time in the tree area. 

Then it was reported she was a tourist now a teacher. Nevertheless with all the bad reporting a arrest was made!

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

What should they do? Crawl on their hands and knees with magnifying  glasses like Sherlock Homes?

Well, they certainly grovel enough when it concerns anyone of "importance" 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Worldwide, many police do patrols. Those can and do prevent and catch crime/criminals. Obviously they don't have the resources to be everywhere at once so focus on areas of high crime. 

Like Chicago ????

• Confused 1

I hope she recovers ok. As an ex runner I ran extensivelly at night because its cool and because its after work. I ran through some shady places and countries and mostly felt safe. As a man running it was less complex than for a woman and my motto was simple, start running and don't stop until you are back to the start point and also try to stay within lighted zones. Its hard for a casual troublemaker to make someone a target whilst the target remains on the move, but once stopped anything can happen. My only dodgy moment was when a pack of young blokes in Manila decided to tail me and they stuck behind me for about 3km yelling and carrying on before they finally lost interest after not catching up and that was a city route that I ran most evenings. 

• Thanks 1

There's a limit to the familiar saying "I feel safer in Thailand than I do in my own country", this night time female jogger must of had a false sense of security to go off the beaten path late at night on the DARKSIDE, and a remote area of the Darkside to boot.  

I'm not saying she's to blame, but her lack of situational awareness is dumbfounding.

• Like 2

Just a small correction: she is a teacher in some private kindergarten/primary school, yes she is Russian-decent, but she is not a teacher of Russian language. I wish her full and rapid recovery and congratulate Royal Thai Police.

This story brought some memories back 15 years ago, when 2 Russian ladies were slaughtered/shot dead and thrown at the beach in Pattaya and ridiculous investigation / rather cover-up.

Edited by Rimmer
Picture removed sorry about that !!
  • Like 1

Makes you wonder if it was stress related to covid and upon spotting a foreigner he saw someone to blame for his problems.  Very sad that as Thailand is looking to open up and bring back tourism, some Thai people are choosing not to be very welcoming.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:42 AM, internationalism said:

I would not be surprised if his sense of power and authority coming from his job, made him sexual deviant. Females at his workplace, his subordinates, should be encouraged now to contribute to this story

#ChanDuwhy

3 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Not confessing usually reduces your ability to father children. 

And not telling them where the money is hidden could end up with you suffocating to death with a plastic bag over your head. 

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Except he's now been released due to the woman not being able to remember

I thought he had confessed? Along with admitting to other instances. 

Edited by jacko45k

What a bunch of bull releasing the suspect because the victim 'couldn't provide testimony'.  Suppose she had died--she couldn't provide testimony then, either.  No case because she's dead?  Absolute nonsense saying a case can't 'properly go through the Thai court system' unless the victim provides testimony.  How about a victim left in a coma?  Sorry, guy!  Wake up and 'provide testimony' or you're out of luck getting any justice!  If that were actually the case, it would be a huge incentive to kill any witnesses to a crime so they could not 'provide testimony'--that way you'd apparently be home free even if you confess, like this utter lowlife did.

Does anyone need any further proof of what "these" people think of foreigners ? And in a country where tourism accounts for about 20% GDP.  They really don't deserve this quantity of tourism. There are no menus in the karma cafe ,- you get what you deserve. Schadenfreude 

• Like 1

looks like an envelope was exchanged and he is free to roam again, and possibly murder his next victims.

Looks, like this lady has concussion from blow to the head. That might be temporary or permanent.

From reenactment of this crime he attacked from the back with a wooden button, strangling with this button.

She is still in the hospital and not getting better, as I understand 

4 hours ago, newnative said:

What a bunch of bull releasing the suspect because the victim 'couldn't provide testimony'. 

I am gobsmacked, I heard he had confessed and admitted similar crimes, yet was still released. So confess and get released, deny and get suffocated!

• Like 1