Bird ID and food help please

I found this chap in the road, quite docile, but seems healthy.

I reckon he had fallen out of his nest.

Any idea of the species or what to feed him until he's strong enough to fly away?

Thanks in advance.

282624935_403777068290177_4831455973674493457_n.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hughrection said:

Same here & same problem.

Can't get anyone to take it away. ????

plane.jpg

That's a waste of a Zenair CH701. Is that from a few years back? Haven't heard of anyone writing one off recently. There are very few on the HS- register, most are registered as Ultralight. Great plane for Thailand and dirt strips (as long as you keep it the right way up). Rotax engine so Mogas not Avgas, excellent STOL performance. But I digress.

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Streak-eared Bulbul - Pycnonotus conradi

https://ebird.org/species/stebul2

Looks old enough and should be strong enough to make it on it's own.  I'd take back to where found and release.

"Bulbuls eat a wide range of foods, ranging from fruit to seeds, nectar, small insects and other arthropods and even small vertebrates. The majority of species are frugivorous and supplement their diet with some insects"

Great answer - good skills but may I ask is there an issue with feeding infant birds?

29 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Great answer - good skills but may I ask is there an issue with feeding infant birds?

As ochis suggests, if having problems and won't accept or seems to have difficulty eating, simply mash it up a bit.  Syringe is good idea, and if can't find at pet shop, maybe a computer/printer sales shop, that sells ink and syringes to fill cartridges, and could cut the end off, if not having anything else that might handle the task.

Does look old, big enough, and that may not be necessary.  Water & hydration is main concern.   Parents really shouldn't be far from where you found it.  Since found by side of the road, bird may have simply been flying and had an oops, maybe flew into the side of a vehicle.  May be surprised if taking back to same area, and will simply fly away.  If not, set it on a tree branch, off the ground and away from predators.  Give it plenty of distance and parents will probably show up within the hour.

• Like 1