Ukraine invasion may be start of ‘third world war’, says George Soros

webfact

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What Soros is saying is obvious. But the worse case is not definitely the actual case.

I hope, he's wrong, but if it came to it, my bet for the reason would not be Russia, but the China-Taiwan-U.S./allies triangle.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I hope, he's wrong, but if it came to it, my bet for the reason would not be Russia, but the China-Taiwan-U.S./allies triangle.

Russia Ukraine is already a very big global deal as Ukraine is a bread basket.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Russia Ukraine is already a very big global deal as Ukraine is a bread basket.

You're right, of course, as for the economic repercussions, but I still think that a possible WW3 would more likely result from a Taiwan conflict.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, blazes said:

Soros has meddled in a lot of countries' elections (thus helping to subvert democracy - most famously over Brexit) - and has tossed much money in the direction of that famous war criminal, Tony Blair. 

Perhaps his character has been best summed up by Soros himself: "I have always harboured an exaggerated view of my self-importance. To put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of God".

Soros, The Alchemy of Finance, p.372.

I never could stand Soros., and I wouldn't be surprised if he was working with Putin and others as they would like to go out in one big bang.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wombat said:

its only been going for 87 days..has he only just realised whats caused the increase in his profit sheets?

FB_IMG_1653386901411.jpg

It would be nice to see a brake down of the 40 billion earmarked for Ukraine. There is very little trust in Biden and the hard leftist. As this war is going on for such a long time Ukraine may win but at what cost if the country is turned to ash.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

It would be nice to see a brake down of the 40 billion earmarked for Ukraine. There is very little trust in Biden and the hard leftist. As this war is going on for such a long time Ukraine may win but at what cost if the country is turned to ash.

Warmongers are now trying to convince Ukraine that they can win, but this is just not possible. No contry can win a war with a country with the most nuclear warheads in the world. If Putin or his mad generals decide to deploy tactical nuclear weapons what the US would do? Absolutely nothing. Most of the Russian top commanders were raised and trained in the USSR times, human lives don't matter much to them. Unfortunately Ukraine is on the way to lose significant chunks of its territory. Realpolitik.

Edited by gearbox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, gearbox said:

Warmongers are now trying to convince Ukraine that they can win, but this is just not possible. Nobody can win a war with a country with the most nuclear warheads in the world. If Putin or his mad generals decide to deploy tactical nuclear weapons what the US would do? Absolutely nothing. Most of the Russian top commanders were raised and trained in the USSR times, human lives don't matter much to them. Unfortunately Ukraine is on the way to lose significant chunks of its territory. Realpolitik.

Yeah sure and Putin was going to take Kyiv and de-Nazify Zelinsky in 3 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Warmongers are now trying to convince Ukraine that they can win, but this is just not possible. No contry can win a war with a country with the most nuclear warheads in the world. If Putin or his mad generals decide to deploy tactical nuclear weapons what the US would do? Absolutely nothing. Most of the Russian top commanders were raised and trained in the USSR times, human lives don't matter much to them. Unfortunately Ukraine is on the way to lose significant chunks of its territory. Realpolitik.

Germany gained a lot of territory as well during the war, for a few years. Then it lost more than it previously had.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Germany gained a lot of territory as well during the war, for a few years. Then it lost more than it previously had.

The nukes changed everything. Suppose the Ukrainians start gaining ground, what are the chances they are going to get striked with nukes? Nobody thought Putin would dare to attack Ukraine, but he did. And if this happens the world turmoil will be huge.

Edited by gearbox

Just now, gearbox said:

Nukes changed everything. Suppose the Ukrainians start gaining ground, what are the chances they are going to striked with nukes? Nobody thought Putin would dare to attack Ukraine, but he did. And if this happens the world turmoil will be huge.

Firstly, everybody thought Putin would attack Ukraine and Biden correctly said so for weeks. Russia may well use tactical nuclear weapons to defend Crimea, probably not Donbas in my opinion. If they do they will be bombed directly by NATO, on Russian soil. NATO will make the calculation that Russia will not use large scale nuclear weapons under any circumstances. The fact that Russia has not yet used tactical nuclear weapons means they probably won't.

2 minutes ago, Deez said:

About as likely as seeing one for all the money BLM received. Once the money reaches Ukraine, there is no accounting

You mean the money from donors? A few million at best? Like a drop in the ocean compared to the dark money super pacs. We'll never see any accounting for that either. The US doesn't just cut a check to Ukraine and tell it to go shopping either. This is the big foreign aid myth.

• Like 1