"Holy Father" hits back! Loony cult leader sues Chaiyaphum governor who mocks him in Facebook response

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: INN

The affair of the cult leader known as Phra Bida or the Holy Father has taken a new, and somewhat comical twist, notes ASEAN NOW.

Earlier this month the loony guru who advocated that his disciples eat his skin scapings, urine and feces for good health and who kept 11 decaying corpses at his Chaiyaphum retreat was slapped with eight criminal charges.

He was subsequently bailed and fled to Phu Kradung, Loei, also in north east Thailand. 

Now the Holy Father has hit back.

Chaiyaphum governor Kraisorn Kongchalat went on his personal Facebook page to mock his adversary. Kraisorn had earlier led the raid on the cult with a crime busting celebrity. 

Kraisorn said on Facebook:

"Oooh! His holiness Phra Bida is suing me and wants me arrested. Now that's a badge of honor for my civil service work..he he".

Earlier Kannamas Mancharoen, a female lawyer, had gone to the police to file charges on behalf of her client, Thawee Nanla (the holy father).

The charges are trespass and dereliction of duty, reported INN.

INN gave no indication that the police would arrest the governor whose Facebook post clearly indicated he wasn't the slightest bit worried, notes ASEAN NOW. 

The story has been the talk of Thailand over the last few weeks, the latest cultist preying on the gullible in Thailand. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The 11 bodies found at the site, seem to be of

little importance , have they done autopsies

on them yet ,to try and find cause of death.

regards worgeordie 

Probably only Lao or Cambodians so of no concern to the Thai police.

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The 11 bodies found at the site, seem to be of

little importance , have they done autopsies

on them yet ,to try and find cause of death.

regards worgeordie 

According to my wife's local intel they have already found a new dead body at the new location.

And there is around 100 followers living there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1