Jump to content

Bangkok Bank online password


Recommended Posts

I'm trying to pay an online bill via my Bangkok Bank online and it's asking me for my UserID and password.  I'm pretty sure I've never had to create a password for my account, just the online PIN and I can't see a way to request a new or change a password, just how to change the UserID and PIN.  Is the "password" the same as the online PIN?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

 

6What should I do if I forgot a User ID or PIN / Password?

 

If you have a debit card

  • Delete the existing app on your phone and re-download the app. Access with your debit card number and authenticate by facial recognition via the app to re-activate. Or
  • Visit Bualuang ATM: Select “Reset PIN and User ID” on the menu, set your 4-digit PIN and enter your mobile phone number. Then you will get a User ID sent via SMS to the mobile phone registered with mobile banking.

If you don’t have a debit card

  • Visit any Bangkok Bank branch: Please bring your passbook and Citizen ID card, fill in the application form and set your 4-digit PIN ID. Then you will get a User ID sent via SMS to the mobile phone registered with mobile banking.

     

 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking/FAQ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If you have "ibanking" you must have a User ID and a password to access that banking service online using a computer.   

 

Unless the entity requesting your User ID and password is the Bangkok Bank ibanking service so that you can log in to pay the bill, why would any other entity be asking for the User ID and password for your bank and, more importantly, why would you disclose it? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm trying to pay an online bill via my Bangkok Bank online and it's asking me for my UserID and password.  I'm pretty sure I've never had to create a password for my account, just the online PIN and I can't see a way to request a new or change a password, just how to change the UserID and PIN.  Is the "password" the same as the online PIN?

Bangkok bank really has a different username and password for the online banking, I think you just forgot about creating it after opening an account. The password is not equal to the PIN.

You really should visit a bank branch to have this sorted out, maybe to change the username and password. Do not forget to take the bank book with you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you have "ibanking" you must have a User ID and a password to access that banking service online using a computer.   

 

Unless the entity requesting your User ID and password is the Bangkok Bank ibanking service so that you can log in to pay the bill, why would any other entity be asking for the User ID and password for your bank and, more importantly, why would you disclose it? 

It's when I click on "pay via BB" that BB require my userID and password.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's when I click on "pay via BB" that BB require my userID and password.

Well, if "BB" means Bangkok Bank Ltd, then it'll be the bank asking you to log in to your ibanking to authorise the paying of the bill but there will be a BBL page indicating that.   That requires your User ID and password.   

 

If you don't know what they are you cannot pay the bill using that method and you need to visit the bank to set up a new UserID and password.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, if "BB" means Bangkok Bank Ltd, then it'll be the bank asking you to log in to your ibanking to authorise the paying of the bill but there will be a BBL page indicating that.   That requires your User ID and password.   

 

If you don't know what they are you cannot pay the bill using that method and you need to visit the bank to set up a new UserID and password.

Thanks. I'm resigned to that now.  Just a shame there's no way to change the password online, like you can with the UserID/PIN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

Bangkok bank really has a different username and password for the online banking, I think you just forgot about creating it after opening an account. The password is not equal to the PIN.

You really should visit a bank branch to have this sorted out, maybe to change the username and password. Do not forget to take the bank book with you.

And your passport.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's when I click on "pay via BB" that BB require my userID and password.

Yep I get that as well when paying in the PEA App and then get redirected to the Bangkok Web page. There you definitely need a Username and PWD.

 

One tip, maybe helpful.

 

Did you ever login via a Computer to the Bangkok Bank Internet Banking Web site?

 

Maybe your browser has saved the Userid and pwd?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not get it from the horse's mouth and ask the bank? 

In my cases with three different Thai banks the accounts have a user identification alphanumeric name and a password. Depending on what transaction you want to do, the bank will send you an "OTP" or OneTimePassword - then you are sorted! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally managed to get it as the PIN I set at the ATM for the UserID enabled me to create a new password which is now safely written down.

 

But I still couldn't pay the bill, as the first screen on the BB page after entering my UserID and password asks for OTP accessibility (which I have as I've had plenty of OTP messages from BB) but there was no way of proceeding, as far as I could see.  I think I will still need to visit a branch.

 

Strange that PEA is not listed as a utilities supplier on the main BB App, while MEA is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Strange that PEA is not listed as a utilities supplier on the main BB App, while MEA is.

Yeah wondered about that as well, but in the PEA app BBL is definitely listed as an option to Pay their Bills as I use it every month for our house, our old house and BIL's House!

Edited by MJCM
tYpo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have direct debit with BB for electricity and Pranburi water here in Hua Hin. 

The water more difficult as payments come through different bank and require attending water office  in Pranburi, BB and back Pranburi with DD form.

Now no worries about missing payment and getting cut off.

Chas

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a QR code on your bill, use your Mbank. Scan it, fill out what’s required and you are done. When I pay my electric bill and click on paying through Bangkok Bank it takes me to iBanking. I don’t have iBanking so I found that using MBanking and scan the QR code on the bill it works just fine. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I finally managed to get it as the PIN I set at the ATM for the UserID enabled me to create a new password which is now safely written down.

 

But I still couldn't pay the bill, as the first screen on the BB page after entering my UserID and password asks for OTP accessibility (which I have as I've had plenty of OTP messages from BB) but there was no way of proceeding, as far as I could see.  I think I will still need to visit a branch.

 

Strange that PEA is not listed as a utilities supplier on the main BB App, while MEA is.

As far as I remember setup of the otp for the ibanking is not the same as the mobile app, and otp is not set by default. You have in the menu somewhere to set up otp, from what I remember you need to call the bank to do this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Meandering along the banking apps here is like doing a Ph.D.

 

Meanwhile, the neighbor's bank is truly foreigner-friendly:

 

IMG_0354.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks. I'm resigned to that now.  Just a shame there's no way to change the password online, like you can with the UserID/PIN.

The password for BBL's ibanking can be changed online.  I do it on my laptop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The password for BBL's ibanking can be changed online.  I do it on my laptop. 

Yes.  As I wrote earlier, I successfully managed to do it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 1:05 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Unless the entity requesting your User ID and password is the Bangkok Bank ibanking service so that you can log in to pay the bill, why would any other entity be asking for the User ID and password for your bank and, more importantly, why would you disclose it? 

They will redirect you to ibanking website where you enter user id and password. For example if you want to pay for 3BB using bank information, they will redirect you to ibanking website where you enter your user id and password. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Onerak said:

They will redirect you to ibanking website where you enter user id and password. For example if you want to pay for 3BB using bank information, they will redirect you to ibanking website where you enter your user id and password. 

I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...