Taking GRAB taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport

webhost

Possible, but Grab adds a surcharge for pickup at the airport, so does Bolt. In case of Grab it's more expensive than the regular airport taxis, and in case of Bolt about the same. So I recommend to just take a regular airport taxi. If you use any app the pickup would be where all the other private vehicles go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Previously the savings were worth it with Grab & Bolt, but miniscule or none now. Should be able to get a taxi from the queue for B1500. May save B100-200 with Bolt, but not Grab. Hardly worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yes, you can get Grab from Suvarnabhumi. When you open the app on arrival, it will recognize that you're at the airport and will tell you where the car will pick you up - when I last did it a few weeks ago, I think the pickup point was on the departure level at door #3, but it varies. (If you speak Thai, you can also just call the driver and tell him where you want to be picked up.)

As for the price, it will depend on demand and on whether you have any promo codes to use. Often it's more expensive than a regular taxi, but sometimes it's the same price or cheaper - and at least there's no possiblity of getting a driver who tries to cheat you. Taxis also add a 50 baht airport charge and an airport luggage charge, so the fares may be closer than they appear.

• Thanks 1

I've used Bolt and the driver called when he was 5 minutes out and we met him on the next but one carriageway across the road from arrivals.  No surcharge.  This was probably about a year ago so may have changed.

I've just done a dummy booking on Bolt, entering BKK as my pickup point.  It gave me the option of being picked up at arrivals or the parking area and dropped a pin on the map to show me where to go once I'd made my selection, although I'm not sure how clear it was for the parking area!  I selected my usual destination and it offered a price of 1,280 baht.  Airport taxis are usually around 1,500 baht I believe (never used one) or pre-booked private taxis 1,100 or 1,200 baht.

Another dummy booking showed the reverse trip at 6 baht cheaper.

Why are so many posters quoting a fare of around B1500 (to where?) when no destination has been specified?  It's, obviously, nowhere near B1500 for a metered airport taxi (or Grab, Bolt) into Bangkok, for instance.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Prearranged transport, Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya was still a 1000 Baht a few weeks ago (hope they can keep the price). Tom Taxi e.g.

For next visit I seriously consider to use the Jomtien bus, 130 Baht, every hour. BOLT taxi to hotel from Jomtien.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Prearranged transport, Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya was still a 1000 Baht a few weeks ago (hope they can keep the price). Tom Taxi e.g.

For next visit I seriously consider to use the Jomtien bus, 130 Baht, every hour. BOLT taxi to hotel from Jomtien.

He wants to go to Pattaya/Jomtien?   How do you know?