Quiet and alone?

Lacessit

11 hours ago, RocketDog said:

You don't need pictures.

You need practice on using your imagination.

Trust me on this. It's always a richer experience than reality.

Donkeys years ago I did a Media Studies degree - yes I know, but there were particular reasons, I was recovering from and then in rehab from a serious injury and the army sent me to study whilst I was recovering; it did actually subsequently come in handy in a couple of jobs. Anyway, the most viewed video in the library (VCR was just giving way to VCD) was called "What lesbians do in bed". 

It consisted of 30 minutes of two middle aged ladies, dressed in pyjamas, sitting up in bed knitting and discussing domestic matters!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Already there, have the weekdays in the condo, go to my GF's house in the village over the weekend.

Oh dear! Putting all the eggs in a dysfunctional relation I can hear. Good Luck! I did the opposite, and found a person I can live with. ???? 

16 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

If you scream in Church, LOS is for you.

Bass that will blow out windows……LOS

LOS once had a library.    Somebody stole the book

i also miss the zoo--ever since the duck died......

but then im from a small town, its so small they only have one yellow page in phone book

Well how often  do you  find a farang sitting  in silence by them selves? Most I know ALWAYS have a TV screen on.

Personally I like solitude and quiet - just wish my farang neighbours  did too!

Its also a class thing among foreigners- the lower the class the more often  the TV is on even leaving it on  when visitors call. Educated and upper  class people  turn their TV off when visitors  call by.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My wife is thankfully very quiet and doesn't like loud noise. In fact she often tells me to turn the TV down.

Some of her friends are terrible though - incapable of moderating their voices. Worst is when you've got one in the back of the car, bellowing away..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Expat68 said:

The older I get the more I like being quiet and peaceful

Indeed, I also experience the reverse: the more quiet and peaceful I am, the younger I get.

~o:37;

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh dear! Putting all the eggs in a dysfunctional relation I can hear. Good Luck! I did the opposite, and found a person I can live with. ???? 

I'm not sure what's dysfunctional about both of us having preferences for where we live. She likes gardening at the house, playing cards with the neighbors. I like swimming at the condo pool, and being close to a golf course where I am a member.

It's always entertaining to find yet another poster who enjoys jumping to conclusions about other people on the flimsiest fact base, thanks for stopping by.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm not sure what's dysfunctional about both of us having preferences for where we live. She likes gardening at the house, playing cards with the neighbors. I like swimming at the condo pool, and being close to a golf course where I am a member.

It's always entertaining to find yet another poster who enjoys jumping to conclusions about other people on the flimsiest fact base, thanks for stopping by.

Whatever works.  

I always wonder about them folks that only see their wives/partners, every couple weeks, months, or ever 1 or twice a year, for whatever reason.  I did long distance relationship once, didn't work, and that was only PA / FL USA, and I worked for an airlines, so actually we were together on like a 10 day at a time, rotation kind of thing.  Once or twice a year, don't see how they work at all.  Different stroke thingy.

Wouldn't be my preference now, but then our 24/7 would drive other folks crazy.  For me it's 24/7 or single.   Don't really favor anything in between.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Whatever works.  

I always wonder about them folks that only see their wives/partners, every couple weeks, months, or ever 1 or twice a year, for whatever reason.  I did long distance relationship once, didn't work, and that was only PA / FL USA, and I worked for an airlines, so actually we were together on like a 10 day at a time, rotation kind of thing.  Once or twice a year, don't see how they work at all.  Different stroke thingy.

Wouldn't be my preference now, but then our 24/7 would drive other folks crazy.  For me it's 24/7 or single.   Don't really favor anything in between.

Whatever works, exactly. When I was living in Chiang Mai, and my GF was in her village, she would stay with me for a week, we would be apart for a week. When I went back to Australia, it would be a month.

If needed, either of us are a 30 minutes drive away.

I've been in a couple of long-term relationships where we were together 24/7, both ended disastrously. I actually think being apart at intervals refreshes the relationship.

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sitting in my home, everyone else went out, doors and windows open, sun shining, all I can hear is birds tweeting.

I hear them talking in Thai. There's one bird that says "Por Lao" ( Enough already) . The big lizards at night are not as polite, they call out "<deleted> you".

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I am sorry. I know it´s so modern and free to live separated doing what one wants all the time without thinking about anyone else. However, I have to excuse me from that, as I do not se such thing as a relationship between two people. To me, that is just like go pick up the same girl at the bar each Friday night and pay for 2 days of company.

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I am sorry. I know it´s so modern and free to live separated doing what one wants all the time without thinking about anyone else. However, I have to excuse me from that, as I do not se such thing as a relationship between two people. To me, that is just like go pick up the same girl at the bar each Friday night and pay for 2 days of company.

If you can live in a village 24/7 with loud music, roosters crowing at 2 am, dogs barking, cats fighting etc. without any form of recreation apart from a computer screen, then you are either dedicated or desensitized.

Back in the day, I am quite sure no bar girl would have cooked my meals, done my washing, cut my toenails.

Or come to the condo to clean it once a week. Or pray to Buddha every night for a long life for me.

So your comparison, while somewhat rancid, is way off the mark.

Any other fatuous observations?  

When I find a noisy place I leave as soon as possible.  There are a lot of quiet restaurants, shops and markets to choose from.  Really not too difficult.

Home there is almost no neighbor noise.  A dozen or maybe 20 maximum motorcycles and cars pass my gate daily. Yes birds and occasionally a few frogs.  Barking dogs not often but they are mine and announcing a stranger arriving.  I understand that all is fortunate but it was a carefully made selection.  When I was looking a Thai friend suggested I go sleep in my truck at the site for a week before making an offer on the place which I did.

26 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

When I find a noisy place I leave as soon as possible.  There are a lot of quiet restaurants, shops and markets to choose from.  Really not too difficult.

Home there is almost no neighbor noise.  A dozen or maybe 20 maximum motorcycles and cars pass my gate daily. Yes birds and occasionally a few frogs.  Barking dogs not often but they are mine and announcing a stranger arriving.  I understand that all is fortunate but it was a carefully made selection.  When I was looking a Thai friend suggested I go sleep in my truck at the site for a week before making an offer on the place which I did.

Offer on the new girlfriend?

Wise decision.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If you can live in a village 24/7 with loud music, roosters crowing at 2 am, dogs barking, cats fighting etc. without any form of recreation apart from a computer screen, then you are either dedicated or desensitized.

Back in the day, I am quite sure no bar girl would have cooked my meals, done my washing, cut my toenails.

Or come to the condo to clean it once a week. Or pray to Buddha every night for a long life for me.

So your comparison, while somewhat rancid, is way off the mark.

Any other fatuous observations?  

Why would I want to live in a village 24/7 and all that come with such mad choice? ???? Still we come to the point where we must look for a great relationship. That includes meeting a person that wish to share your life and also share your views of life. In my case that was easy, and we live very comfortable in a house in the middle of a city. Both are happy with that, and we do like normal people, visit the mother an father 1-2 times a month.

She get to see them, and they get to see their grand children. 1-2 times per month they come visit us and the children. Actually perfect choice, and we live only 75 km from them if something should happen. We also help them if they need something as well as give a few thousand every month. But, I just guess, I am one of those lucky guys. ???? 

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Why would I want to live in a village 24/7 and all that come with such mad choice? ???? Still we come to the point where we must look for a great relationship. That includes meeting a person that wish to share your life and also share your views of life. In my case that was easy, and we live very comfortable in a house in the middle of a city. Both are happy with that, and we do like normal people, visit the mother an father 1-2 times a month.

She get to see them, and they get to see their grand children. 1-2 times per month they come visit us and the children. Actually perfect choice, and we live only 75 km from them if something should happen. We also help them if they need something as well as give a few thousand every month. But, I just guess, I am one of those lucky guys. ???? 

I consider myself lucky too, and so does my GF.   I don't understand why you would choose to make judgments about people and their living arrangements when you have never met them.

You may be happy with your life. However, the crack you made about picking up a bar girl on Friday for the weekend indicates a nasty streak to me.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

However, the crack you made about picking up a bar girl on Friday for the weekend indicates a nasty streak to me.

So, that means you did not understand what I meant. Feel free to ask. ???? 

6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

So, that means you did not understand what I meant. Feel free to ask. ???? 

I know exactly what you meant, and it's the reason you are on ignore now. Goodbye.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I know exactly what you meant, and it's the reason you are on ignore now. Goodbye.

I feel you ...

... I had almost 2 pages of ignored user.  Gave them all a reprieve last week or so, and he was 1 of 3, I think, that made it back on the list, the next time I opened the forum ... ????

After a couple threads this week, that list will be growing quite a bit.

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So if someone goes to work in the morning, and does not come home until evening, is that like picking up the same girl at the bar every night?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So if someone goes to work in the morning, and does not come home until evening, is that like picking up the same girl at the bar every night?

I make the wife wear a different wig every day, and she has to answer to a different name every day.

Monday is 'Monday, Tues - Tues ... etc etc, this way I know what to watch on TV since doubling as a calendar.

Alzheimer's is easily manageable.... although she keeps on asking me about a QR code ????

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I feel you ...

... I had almost 2 pages of ignored user.  Gave them all a reprieve last week or so, and he was 1 of 3, I think, that made it back on the list, the next time I opened the forum ... ????

After a couple threads this week, that list will be growing quite a bit.

I ignore people for two reasons, either they make personal attacks and nasty insinuations, or they are impervious to facts and logic.

I don't waste time giving reprieves, IMO leopards don't change their spots.

I think I am more lenient than Trapper John, in the immortal exchange from M*A*S*H:

Major Frank Burns: " I don't understand why people take an instant dislike to me."

Trapper John: " It saves time, Frank."

I could be on some ignore lists myself, not that I would know or care.

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I ignore people for two reasons, either they make personal attacks and nasty insinuations, or they are impervious to facts and logic.

I don't waste time giving reprieves, IMO leopards don't change their spots.

I think I am more lenient than Trapper John, in the immortal exchange from M*A*S*H:

Major Frank Burns: " I don't understand why people take an instant dislike to me."

Trapper John: " It saves time, Frank."

I could be on some ignore lists myself, not that I would know or care.

I never understood the point of the ignore function. You can still read them, they can still read and respond to you, but you can't respond to them. I can already not respond to anyone I don't want to respond to....

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I never understood the point of the ignore function. You can still read them, they can still read and respond to you, but you can't respond to them. I can already not respond to anyone I don't want to respond to....

No doubt different people view the ignore function in different ways. I just use it to expunge people I no longer want to communicate with, for the reasons I have explained.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No doubt different people view the ignore function in different ways. I just use it to expunge people I no longer want to communicate with, for the reasons I have explained.

Yeah, different people view the word expunge in different ways as well...

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

No, it´s not, but I thought you would see it that way.