I have recently moved to Pattaya I hold a savings account with Bangkok bank in Ban Chang which I use for my annual extension with immigration, my question is do I need to transfer the account to a bank in Pattaya or can I go to any Bangkok bank branch and get the letter that immigration require. 

I have 800K in a Bangkok Bank account in Chiang Mai. Twice now, I have done my retirement extension at Chiang Rai Immigration, using a letter I got from the Bangkok Bank branch in Chiang Rai. I trust that answers your question.

• Thanks 1

Should be able to request in Pattaya, worked for me in Hua Hin with an account in another province.

As for moving account I was advised that I would need to open a new account as the existing account can not be moved from where it was opened.

Edited by Caiman
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 4:36 PM, Caiman said:

As for moving account I was advised that I would need to open a new account as the existing account can not be moved from where it was opened.

That is because the first 3 digits of an account number denote the branch at which the account was opened, so I gather.

@mickyr55 - one thing that you should bear in mind, though, is that, based on my experience, only the Bangkok Bank branch at which you opened your account can process a change in your passport number following its renewal. Still Ban Chang is not so far away from Pattaya for a trip that should normally only need to be made once every 10 years, I suppose!