Swedish woman dies after being hit by motorcycle in Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

They really need to introduce a proper theory/practical driving test...

My missus did her test in London after 20 years driving in Thailand - she found it very hard and she's no idiot. She was just used to driving the Thai way

Thai lady in Australia had failed the driving test 10 times yet had had her thai licence for many  years, its hard when thais dont know or obey the road rules, they just do as they please on the roads and it shows with all the road deaths

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What's the big deal? You were heading for the hospital anyway, no?

Of course, the only bigger deal would have been taken by an ambulance instead of walking on my own two legs and feet as I was.......Amazing Thailand with it's unenforced rules.  I wonder how I would fare if I drove the wrong way on the road, or even rode my motorbike on the sidewalks.....fined, jailed, deported etc....

15 hours ago, smedly said:

Prawit is resposible for road safety in Thailand - 10 years what has he done ?????

######### ##### 

RIP - very sad

No doubt he's collected a few more expensive watches from dead people !

With the majority of drivers not even knowing who has the right of way, poor road signs and marking, non existent pavements/ side walks, speed limits in urban roads nonexistent or not unforced and motorcycles racing around without lights at night the carnage will continue. No mention of the motorcycle? Drunk? Speeding? Lights? License? Right side of the road? Or a combination of all above. Disgusting. RIP lady. 

On 5/28/2022 at 7:21 AM, NE1 said:

Obviously I don't know the whole story , but living in Sweden , wouldn't she be used to the traffic coming from the other way when she steps off the kerb ?

I always look both ways crossing the street especially if it's a one way street.