Prayuth latest: Has a swipe at social media for always making trouble where there is none

webfact

28 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

An opinion is a view or judgement formed about something (such as… the earth is flat) not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

An opinion is a person's belief, feeling, or judgment about something. It is a subjective or value judgment, and it cannot be proven.

Your statement ”Believing a fact to be true which evidence suggests is false” makes no sense.

A fact is a statement that can be tested by experimentation, observation, or research and shown to be true or untrue.

Holding a view that is at odds with the facts is what we call an opinion (see above definition). Any opinion at odds with facts is wrong.

Incorrect. See definition above.

From your continued incorrect understanding of the differences between facts and opinions you have made the spurious leap to the assumption that you have proved that you hold no prejudices. Again, you are wrong, both in logic and conclusion.

Incorrect. You attempted to claim, incorrectly, that the only reason I could possibly think that Thaksin wasn't freely and finally elected, or that the coup was better than the Thaksin dynasty was because I was prejudiced. I pointed out that the facts are what make me believe that, not anything to do with prejudice.

You're argument is unravelling and becoming a little incoherent. I recommend reviewing all replies before responding.

The analogy was an attempt to simplify the subject matter in order for the less erudite amongst us to better comprehend the point being made. It appears the bar must be set lower again for you to have any chance grasping the information being conveyed.

The cure is worse than the disease.

Whatever the faults with the elected governments of the recent past none of them came anywhere close to being as bad as what the current regime has inflicted upon the Thai people.

Can you give any examples of this from around 2014?

How is it possible for someone to hold the opinion that the coup was a good thing when literally every quantifiable metric says otherwise?

Because you have the metrics wrong? Do you even have any?

Ignorance and prejudice is the answer.

Just your opinion. You being wrong is another answer.

You go out of your way to avoid providing any evidence to support your opinions because there is no evidence to support your opinions because your opinions are wrong.

Nope. I'm not going out of my way at all.

An elected Prime Minister was removed from office for appearing on a cooking show and another elected Prime Minister was removed from office for transferring a Public Servant yet the current regime has a Deputy Prime Minister with a multi million baht watch collection that his official salary could not possibly afford, and a convicted international drug smuggler served as a Minister. Which offences are worse? Why have the latter two - the watchman and the drug dealer faced no repercussions?

Interesting opinion, but I don't believe the facts support this.

You're not only wrong about the elected part, but even the reason for the coup.

I wonder why you're going to so much effort to argue against the coup, and in favour of Thaksin, when you clearly don't know what happened.

An unelected government or a government   That exists purely as the result of an adulterated constitution and is answerable to no one is worse than a flawed elected government that is answerable to the people at regularly held elections.

Interesting. That's close to describing the Thaksin dynasty as well.

Only an entirely self deluded prejudiced ignorant fool would think otherwise.

Haha. "Agree with me or you're an X!" Very original. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

An opinion is a person's belief, feeling, or judgment about something. It is a subjective or value judgment, and it cannot be proven.

A fact is a statement that can be tested by experimentation, observation, or research and shown to be true or untrue.

Incorrect. See definition above.

Incorrect. You attempted to claim, incorrectly, that the only reason I could possibly think that Thaksin wasn't freely and finally elected, or that the coup was better than the Thaksin dynasty was because I was prejudiced. I pointed out that the facts are what make me believe that, not anything to do with prejudice.

You're argument is unravelling and becoming a little incoherent. I recommend reviewing all replies before responding.

Can you give any examples of this from around 2014?

Because you have the metrics wrong? Do you even have any?

Just your opinion. You being wrong is another answer.

Nope. I'm not going out of my way at all.

Interesting opinion, but I don't believe the facts support this.

You're not only wrong about the elected part, but even the reason for the coup.

I wonder why you're going to so much effort to argue against the coup, and in favour of Thaksin, when you clearly don't know what happened.

Interesting. That's close to describing the Thaksin dynasty as well.

Haha. "Agree with me or you're an X!" Very original. ????

You are “confused” (that’s a euphemism for wrong).

Opinions come in different varieties. Any opinion that covers personal preferences is always right (e.g. you may have the opinion “I like Prayuth more then Thaksin”). Even if I don’t agree with this, the opinion is still correct. However, any opinion based on false evidence can be proven wrong, thus making it a wrong opinion.

When an opinion is wrong, we can point to evidence to prove it is in fact wrong. You see, opinions are subservient to facts. 

Normal rational people accept this and have the maturity to change their views when presented with evidence contrary to their currently held beliefs. Others however, particularly those with long held firmly entrenched prejudices or those whose lives have been a dismal failure do not react this way. They are unwilling to believe the facts as they are, rather preferring to wallow in the warmth of their ignorance and exist in a self imposed cloud of delusion. To these people, to challenge their opinions is to challenge both their intelligence and their way of life. Their great fear is that should the edifice they have constructed fall they would be forced to look in the mirror and realise that all of their inadequacies, their failures and their shortcomings are solely due to their own ineptitude.

https://www.newmandala.org/a-response-to-vanina-sucharitkul/

21 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You are “confused” (that’s a euphemism for wrong).

I'm not confused about anything.  I'm simply explaining where you are wrong, but your knowledge of fact vs. opinion is limited and you're clearly the type to not want to listen to reason or admit when they are wrong.

21 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Normal rational people accept this and have the maturity to change their views when presented with evidence contrary to their currently held beliefs. Others however, particularly those with long held firmly entrenched prejudices or those whose lives have been a dismal failure do not react this way.

You haven't presented any evidence.  It's pretty clear you're wrong and have resorted to, incorrectly, arguing semantics, with a little ad hom on the side.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Click the link, have a read, then provide counter evidence to the facts stated within…

Seems more like an opinion piece.  Do they back it up with any evidence?

can you do it

As I said, I don't feel the need to waste my time as it's likely you'll ignore it.  Your failure to grasp the concept of fact vs. opinion bodes particularly badly.  You can if you want.  Just google "Thaksin vote buying" and you'll find a lot of evidence of it.

or are you happy to remain in Trumpland, railing against reality?

Bizarre and childish comment.  More ad hom?  Do you know they say that when you resort to ad hom attacks, you've already lost the argument.  What on Earth does any of this have to do with Trump?!!

On 5/28/2022 at 4:07 PM, soi3eddie said:

Prayut hates social media for calling him out for all the wrongs he done and all the good he hasn't done. Unlike the Thai press such as TV, Radio and Newspapers he cannot control what is said on social media and he doesn't like it. Would he ever put a block on Facebook, Twitter et al in the same way the Chinese and other countries do? Thankfully it's unlikely but one never knows his limits.

The system can never be changed. It has been one coup after another since 1932. Why spend money on elections when they can be swept out of the way on a whim?

Edited by Nickelbeer

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Just remember this guy is a soldier, not a politician, probably with an average IQ,

"average IQ"

I think you are being very kind to him 

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One would think after 8 interminable long years you have had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. Prayuth, you are a terrible leader. 

And at least 8 months since you last delivered this same monologue on what, at least you, consider the attributes of a "true leader" including that a failed "true leader" should probably resign on the spot.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1236358-thai-prime-minister-to-consider-full-details-of-country-reopening-plan-at-ccsa-general-meeting-on-friday/?do=findComment&comment=16917353

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

And at least 8 months since you last delivered this same monologue on what, at least you, consider the attributes of a "true leader" including that a failed "true leader" should probably resign on the spot.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1236358-thai-prime-minister-to-consider-full-details-of-country-reopening-plan-at-ccsa-general-meeting-on-friday/?do=findComment&comment=16917353

Thanks Dad. Looks like I am not the only one engaging in repetition. 

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thanks Dad. Looks like I am not the only one engaging in repetition. 

That's OK. Maybe you should include the words "redux" or "encore edition" next time you do a copy & paste.

Edited by jerrymahoney

His next swipe will be at the opinion polls as within a couple of days of his proclamation about how popular he is, NIDA showed that he's now at an all time low of just 12%, compared with the previous 30%.

Delusional Muppet.

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

That's OK. Maybe you should include the words "redux" or "encore edition" next time you do a copy & paste.

Since all ideas are universally rooted anyway, and it was my post to begin with, where is the crime or malfeasance, 8 months later? 

Perhaps the real question is, why are you so bothered by it, and why the compulsion to point it out? 

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2022 at 4:27 AM, webfact said:

He was happy that the government was doing good work

For whom? They certainly look after their own, but what about doing some good work for the people for a change? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Since all ideas are universally rooted anyway, and it was my post to begin with, where is the crime or malfeasance, 8 months later? 

Perhaps the real

is, why are you so bothered by it, and why the compulsion to point it out? 

Well here I am just trying to help out.  You went through your whole litany of why the PM isn't a true leader.  You then queried why he is not thinking:

"Do you want me to resign now? I know what is what you are thinking. I probably should. It sure would be the right thing to do. But, doing the right thing would be so alien for me. I am not sure I even know how to do that. "

That was last OCT 2021 but here it is  last day of MAY 2022 and he's still there. Maybe you just aren't getting through to him on AN/TV. Well maybe you should send your 'resign now' message to the Office of the PM's Permanent Secretary .

You can find the Permanent Secretary to the PM's email address on this page:

https://spm.thaigov.go.th/web/CRTPRS/spm-sp-layout6.asp?i=21111.%3A1911705112115152111511

Keep it short like:

Get out now. Fast. Everybody hates you. You are not a true leader.  Love, Mikey

Edited by jerrymahoney

16 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Seems more like an opinion piece.  Do they back it up with any evidence?

As I said, I don't feel the need to waste my time as it's likely you'll ignore it.  Your failure to grasp the concept of fact vs. opinion bodes particularly badly.  You can if you want.  Just google "Thaksin vote buying" and you'll find a lot of evidence of it.

Bizarre and childish comment.  More ad hom?  Do you know they say that when you resort to ad hom attacks, you've already lost the argument.  What on Earth does any of this have to do with Trump?!!

http://slimdogsworld.blogspot.com/2009/09/ratchada-phisek-land-scandal.html?m=1

Click the link, read it and comment, or of course, you could decide not to and stick to your guns, doubling down on ignorance and prejudice.

38 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well here I am just trying to help out.  You went through your whole litany of why the PM isn't a true leader.  You then queried why he is not thinking:

"Do you want me to resign now? I know what is what you are thinking. I probably should. It sure would be the right thing to do. But, doing the right thing would be so alien for me. I am not sure I even know how to do that. "

That was last OCT 2021 but here it is  last day of MAY 2022 and he's still there. Maybe you just aren't getting through to him on AN/TV. Well maybe you should send your 'resign now' message to the Office of the PM's Permanent Secretary .

You can find the Permanent Secretary to the PM's email address on this page:

https://spm.thaigov.go.th/web/CRTPRS/spm-sp-layout6.asp?i=21111.%3A1911705112115152111511

Keep it short like:

Get out now. Fast. Everybody hates you. You are not a true leader.  Love, Mikey

I guess this is why we have a forum like this. My opinion does not count one iota. Did you think otherwise? I am simply expressing it. I think being a member of this forum grants us that right. You just love hearing yourself debate. Anything. 

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The sheer insincerity of this man is astonishing. Does he really believe any of us are buying his pleas? Does he really think any of us consider him an effective leader, or a decent human being? 

like you said, when you have been a military man all your life surrounded by people with "fixed" skills, what else can you expect?

Edited by GrandPapillon

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess this is why we have a forum like this. My opinion does not count one iota. Did you think otherwise? I am simply expressing it. I think being a member of this forum grants us that right. You just love hearing yourself debate. Anything. 

My opinion is simple: There is only one PM at a time and -- while I would hope it would be someone else sooner rather than later -- for right now he is it.

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The sheer insincerity of this man is astonishing. Does he really believe any of us are buying his pleas? Does he really think any of us consider him an effective leader, or a decent human being? 

The twisted and rhetorical Thainess ploy usually extends itself. 

Always has.