Cannabis warning; smoking joints to remain illegal

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Suwanchai said cannabis smoke is annoying and can be harmful to other people’s health, which is why releasing cannabis smoke into the air is illegal.

Annoying? It certainly smells better and is much less harmful to others than tobacco smoke. Why don't they just ban all tobacco products instead.

Oh, I forgot, big monopoly family businesses....

• Like 1

... with all the fuss surrounding the quasi-legalisation of cannabis in Thailand, people might wrongly assume that they can use cannabis ....

There's a problem. In many media worldwide there was the headline: Thailand legalizes cannabis.

In the future there will be tourists who enjoy smoking their joint on the beach and then catched by BIBs who will collect money from them as usual.

There are certainly not many tourists who are familiar with all this overly complicated, legal fine print. The trend of those in government to make simple matters more and more super complicated, continues. Be it the legalization of cannabis, Thai passport, residence registrations, workpermits or visa regulations.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

If you have a question about growing marijuana at home in Thailand, call 025907767 or 025907793 or contact your provincial public health office.

A new cannabis help line, great.

I also use the other one:

Hello, is there the anonymos Alcoholics helpline?

Yes, how can I help you?

How I make a Mai tai?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The aim of growing cannabis at home is not to get high, but to use the plant’s leaves or stalks in cooking or tea, for medicinal purposes only.

Yea right what a load off cr@p . Who's gonna do that ?

People who grow grass will smoke it. And who's gonna Police that? 

Same as any other Law? Good luck with that. 5555

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

All the hangers on hoping for legalisation were always going to be disappointed. 

Let's be perfectly honest, anyone that thought it was going to be in any way different, doesn't understand the way this country works. 

Let's be perfectly honest, nobody understands the way this country works.

• Like 1

Yes we can't have RTP missing out on fleecing the farang because they have a small bit of weed how are they going to make money without arresting and interigating the farang

Haven't I said it over and over and over again the past few months and whenever "cannabis" headlines graced these pages?

To those of you who already frolicked over the prospect that cannabis will be "legal" as of June 9 -- it's not; and not in the sense you longed for anyway.

And to those of you that had consistently agonized that Thailand's streets will soon be littered with junkies on a cannabis trip -- they wont.

Cannabas allegedly has been "liberalized" -- but it hasn't.

Cannabis allegedly is going to be legal -- but it won't.

The one and only thing that will be "liberalized and legalized" is so-called "commercial cannabis", i.e. the stuff from which ropes and certain fabrics (linen) are made. No more. No less.

So, please CALM DOWN NOW -- all of you!  

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Haven't I said it over and over and over again the past few months and whenever "cannabis" headlines graced these pages?

To those of you who already frolicked over the prospect that cannabis will be "legal" as of June 9 -- it's not; and not in the sense you longed for it anyway.

And to those of you that had consistently qorried that Thailand's streets will be littered with junkies on a cannabis trip -- they wont.

Cannabas allegedly has been "liberalized" -- but it hasn't.

Cannabis allegedly is going to be legal -- but it won't.

The one and only thing that will be "liberalized and legal" is so-called "commercial cannabis", i.e. the stuff from which ropes and certain fabrics (linen) are made. No more. No less.

So, please CALM DOWN NOW -- all of you!  

There are many on this board who still think that rope quality hemp will grind Thailand to a halt because of the pot-heads taking over.

Hell, there are even posters on here who suggest that we should build more roads to cope with the slow driving of these 0.2% stoners, despite being constantly shown that this could not happen.

If ever these social luddites find out that the Earth is not flat, it would totally blow them away.

Anyway, got to go, I'm planning on drinking myself into a stupor on a bottle of Heineken 0.0. ????

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Why would ANYONE think this was going to change? The only change is to enable medicinal cannabis. Thailand will continue to keep the cash cow that prohibits recreational use.

Thailand will continue to keep the cash cow that prohibits recreational use.

I thought that you were talking about my ex-wife until I realised that you wrote 'cash cow' and not 'cash grabbing cow'.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Suwanchai said cannabis smoke is annoying and can be harmful to other people’s health, which is why releasing cannabis smoke into the air is illegal.

moronic! isn't cigarette smoke isn't just as annoying and harmful, or is that just your preference that you are forcing on the nation! scary that people like Suwanchai speak for the government

• Like 1