Cannabis warning; smoking joints to remain illegal

webfact

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

Director-General of the Department of Public Health Suwanchai Watthanayingcharoenchai

Wow, that's some name.

it's a mouthful. 

I bet he will never have a problem with identity theft. 

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

you have a question about growing marijuana at home in Thailand, call 025907767 or 025907793

Now.......this will be a busy number. 

Maybe bake a spacecake.... than I don't smoke and pollute the air .... Who is going to check every house which has plants?? Same as wearing a helmet on a motorcycle?? Was it not better not to legalize cannabis to prevent problems?? In my opinion there is not a big need to use low THC cannabis

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The aim of growing cannabis at home is not to get high, but to use the plant’s leaves or stalks in cooking or tea, for medicinal purposes only. People will also be permitted to make extracts from their homegrown cannabis plants, as long as the THC content is lower than 0.2%.

No point then is there. What a bunch of morons. Permitted to make extracts lower than 0.2%. Sure. Very good for glaucoma but I'd suggest 0.2% isn't. Medical joints have been happening in the US for years and I'll bet my house on it they're not less than 0.2%.

Edited by dinsdale

11 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

They will eventually know that this slap dash legislation is not working once they find the need to introduce an extra lane on the expressway for slow drivers. 

Why would they need to introduce an extra lane on the expressway for slow drivers. 

Please explain the logic as it stands in your mind.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the aim of growing cannabis at home is not to get high, but to use the plant’s leaves or stalks in cooking or tea, for medicinal purposes only.

Jeez....what have these people been smoking ?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

as the THC content is lower than 0.2%.

is it ok to smoke this then?
Honest officer he told me the joint only contained weed with a THC content lower than 0.2%.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Finally an admission that recreational use of ganga, will still be a huge source of revenue for the RTP. 

It has never been suggested by the authorities that recreational use was legal.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

True, but legalisation of the plant will make it much more difficult to prosecute.

Don't carry or smoke in public, and they can't get you.

I seriously doubt they could make any test that could prove you were smoking high THC cannabis.

There doesn't appear to be any limit set on consumption of the legal grade weed.

So you'd just claim you were smoking/eating/drinking less than the legal limit (but a lot of it).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe not. But the PR campaigns suggesting the government supply the people with free plants would most certainly suggest otherwise. Jeez. Please. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

Thailand is fast becoming the 'Oxymoron' of S.E.Asia with law's like this...!

They've always been regarded as a complete joke, even by their more dysfunctional neighbours.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks