Updated Thailand Entry Measures Starting Next Month

webfact

14 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

The rule is a significant disincentive to travel there for many prospective visitors. So it’s worth raising in a discussion about visiting. 

It's off topic  and is no way anything to do with entry measures into Thailand. If you can't mange to wear one from the plane until past customs, and regard that as a disincentive ,stay away!

11 hours ago, finnomick1 said:

Thailand no longer represents value for money. Simple.

Yesterday’s article in the Times reported rampant inflation in accommodation/car hire etc. costs in most European resorts and in U.K. holidays itself . £1000 for weeks car hire! Air fares were cheap though. Having recently spent 2cweeks in Phuket I got great deal on the upmarket hotel and eating out was cheap. Diesel is almost a third of the U.K. price here too,not to mention gas and electricity prices vs Europe! . So once here - and I agree with complaints about stupid Thai pass- it is still very cheap ,even in Phuket . Daughter arrives here shortly for 2 weeks (£640 return air fare from Manchester) and I reckon overall will be cheaper than many European resorts. 

On 5/31/2022 at 7:18 AM, jacko45k said:

It's off topic  and is no way anything to do with entry measures into Thailand. If you can't mange to wear one from the plane until past customs, and regard that as a disincentive ,stay away!

LOL. That’s not the disincentive champ. I love you self appointed farang policemen on here ???? 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 9:21 AM, Guderian said:

My goodness, no demands for an expensive  test on arrival to prove that you're free of monkeypox, or insurance to cover $50K in medical expenses if you contract monkeypox while in Thailand, they're missing the boat here, lol!

Wait and See !
????

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2022 at 6:09 PM, 4MyEgo said:

This is leadership, best of luck, your country, do as you please of course.

They treat you life refugees. Your voice is not heard anywhere in the World and this forum is created for you to post your anger and frustration. They don't need your advice or suggestions. You are nothing for them. You will be forced to report every 90-day and renew your extension every year. There is no respite from these processes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

They treat you life refugees. Your voice is not heard anywhere in the World and this forum is created for you to post your anger and frustration. They don't need your advice or suggestions. You are nothing for them. You will be forced to report every 90-day and renew your extension every year. There is no respite from these processes. 

Have to say one thing, it is clearly evident that they don't light westerners, e.g. can you tell me of one western country that doesn't have a multi-cultural population, to be more precise, one that doesn't allow visa's ?

• Like 1

Just got my third shot, a Pfizer booster in the towns clinic.  They have put a sticker on that yellow Thailand Certificate of Covid 19 Vaccination, with the vaccine details and QR codes.

The nurse told me to go to the main hospital in the Amphur for a vaccination passport.

Do you need that for the Thai Pass or will the yellow certificate be acceptable.

Flying to UK via Dubai in August and apparently not required for UK entry.....???

19 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

LOL. That’s not the disincentive champ. I love you self appointed farang policemen on here ???? 

Be careful. We have handcuffs, tar, and feathers.

• Haha 1

That is for entry. What about departure for unvaccinated people? If I visit a country where they don't need me to show vaccination passport or negative Covid test, do I need to show a negative ATK test at Don Mueang Airport in order to fly? I'm unvaccinated. I did all searches and still can't find the answer. Thanks for all replies.