Updated Thailand Entry Measures Starting Next Month

webfact

7 minutes ago, internationalism said:

covid only insurance are for up to 99 years. Single entry insurance from 650b, or from 4200b yearly multiple entry.

Every foreigner has to get thailand pass, no matter of visa status

many thanks 

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

As with anything, you have to get in early, suffice to say I got a great deal for an overseas trip come October, and with Thai Airlines believe it or not which was cheaper than the budget airline I usually travel with.

Fuel prices go up, air travel goes up, it's all about timing and how far in advance your prepared to book.

flights to europe now starting from around 29k (bar the saudi airlines, which start from 21k - but it's one of the worst airlines). 

The problem is, prices rose sharply in March, and they well might continue to rise further, as traffic increases, but many airlines are still flying reduced routes and schedules. 

I am not sure how many travelers plan their trips 4 months in advance, as they are not certain what covid situation would be like. I think some book 1-2 months in advance, with majority booking just weeks ahead. Notice those spikes in arrivals each time covid regulations changed in thailand. 

23 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Still confused if you are on a 1 year valid   re entry retirement visa and you come back into the kingdom with after a short visit to your old country are you classed as visitor if you live here?. You are over 75 and cannot get the insurance . or you have business and travel back and forth do you still need a Thailand pass with all the relevant conditions?  Surely the Thailand pass applies to tourist (visitors) or anyone who arrives ?

I have been doing the non O retirement visa for four years. I go back to the (ugh!) US for four months June-Sept every year. You can get insurance, it just won't be as cheap as a younger person. You can get a 30 day policy, they do not check the expiration. My 6 month policy expired in April, and I'm still here. But even full term, a $10,000 policy is not expensive. You are not a "visitor", you are a non immigrant resident with a permanent address. The rules specify "travelers", not visiors or tourists. The Thailand pass is universal for all who enter Thailand regardless of status. It superseded previous rules, which were in effect when I arrived last October. If you need up to date info on entry rules you can contact any airline, or go to their website, and they will spell out the rules, because they of all people HAVE to be aware of entry rules wherever they do business. They are required to check all of your documents prior to boarding. Good luck, chok dee. I have not yet used Thailand Pass, but my interpretation of it is that it replaces the need for a Certificate of Entry. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift

40 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

For someone who hasn't bought travel insurance for some time, approximately  how much would a $10k (covid) policy for a months stay cost?

Thanks for any replies.

My Thai daughter and her English partner are coming in June. He obtained Thai pass by uploading his standard U.K. travel insurance policy. As long as it includes Covid cover there appears no requirement to buy the Covid specific Thai policy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

flights to europe now starting from around 29k (bar the saudi airlines, which start from 21k - but it's one of the worst airlines). 

The problem is, prices rose sharply in March, and they well might continue to rise further, as traffic increases, but many airlines are still flying reduced routes and schedules. 

I am not sure how many travelers plan their trips 4 months in advance, as they are not certain what covid situation would be like. I think some book 1-2 months in advance, with majority booking just weeks ahead. Notice those spikes in arrivals each time covid regulations changed in thailand. 

I always book 6 months in advance when travelling overseas, that way I can plan our holiday down to a T.

I looked at how 1st class countries around the world were looking at opening up and said to myself as soon as I hear it is official, I will take the wait and see approach, suffice to say, people would jump and book in fast, the wait and see approach paid off when I purchased a special fare, airlines want to continue filling in seats, and when the bookings slow down, they will throw in a special, just as quick and it worked for me as I booked our tickets in the 3rd week of April for October.

Covid is past tense now, I have had it, nothing more than a mild flu, if your older and unvaccinated well it will be worse. 

Time to move on and carry on as usual. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Covid has provided a few things this government just can't give up like making things as convoluted and difficult as possible and control with a queue of idiots running the show it will never change ????

• Like 1

hour ago,  darrenr said: 

So will you have to upload your insurance, covid vaccination certificate to the Thailand pass ?

Yes. I just did.

‘Did you have to upload the entire insurance booklet nor just the policy page confirming yours policy numbers etc ? Do,the thais accept when the insurance company say s “unlimited medical “ rather than stating $10,000? Is it better just to buy their Thai insurance?

btw how do you reply to someone’s post here ? Can’t find a reply button, many thanks

9 minutes ago, proton said:

650 baht, complete waste of money 

If you had been diagnosed with covid on arrival and forced into hospital would it be a waste? (Presumably it's a genuine policy)

For US$20 it's a cheap visa fee to get in to Thailand.

I've bought travel insurance in home country scores of times over the years, never made a claim. A waste of money?

(Disclaimer: My views on travel insurance differ from my thoughts on Thailand health insurance)

6 hours ago, webfact said:

After registering for the Thailand Pass, a QR code will be immediately auto-generated for convenience.

I don't get this. There's no way they can actually check everyone's documents using AI - there's just too much variation - so how will the codes be "immediately auto-generated"? And if the code is automatically produced without actually checking the documents, what is the point of the Thailand Pass at all, as opposed to just having airlines screen passengers at check-in? 

31 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Welcome, foreigners to Thailand, where your money’s worth less every day!(inflation and a rising Baht).

Maybe Thailand should revoke its welcome to those who can't pass an intelligence test. You see, your money is actually worth MORE now: the exchange rate has been 34.4 baht to the US dollar for about the last year, the highest its been in several years. I am saving about $300 a month in monthly income exchange rates for every $2000 US compared to when it was 29 baht / dollar 3 - 4 years ago. Inflation? That's not the sole problem of Thailand and nowhere else. In fact, inflation right now in the US and other countries dwarfs Thailand's problems. Thailand's inflation rate post Covid is 4.65%. The US inflation rate is 8.3%. In the UK it's 9%. And did you think you were going to go through your entire life in some kind of inflation free economic Shangri-La? But then again, math isn't your strongest subject is it? I've been here 9 years and you will NEVER hear me complain. Methinks your unhappiness has nothing to do with Thailand, you are projecting your own dissatisfaction with yourself. There there, if I were you I wouldn't like me either. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, internationalism said:

And oil prices are going up and up. 
Airlines will pass on the cost.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Still too convoluted. People will go elsewhere, not that the rule makers care. 

Yep! Have decided to do what I did in May. Malaysia got my $2000 for 10 days. Not a huge spend but my money so my way!???????????? Back to Malaysia for a month in July/August.

Edited by oscarsmum
Added detail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nigeone said:

No mention of masks ...guess they will still insist on those .

As fa as Covid is concerned, yes
As far as PM2.5 goes, that's depends on how much you value your lungs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oscarsmum said:

Yep! Have decided to do what I did in May. Malaysia got my $2000 for 10 days. Not a huge spend but my money so my way!???????????? Back to Malaysia for a month in July/August.

My good friend booked Italy for 2 weeks in June with his family.  Thailand was never brought up. 

24 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Yep, I'm not going back to Thailand until they drop the mandatory scam insurance and mandatory face masks, required even on an empty beach 200m from the nearest person

Vietnam in July-August is where I'll be spending my money. No pretend restuarant-bars there

From the looks of things,  Viet Nam will be getting their fair share of tourists for the summer of 2022. They can thank Thailand ! ????

If you haven't noticed,  YouTube has a huge increased of Viet Nam vlogs from western tourists lately. Its no coincidence. They all raved about their vacations. 

Edited by BayArea
  • Like 2

What am I missing? If I have a current "O" retirement visa/extension, a re-entry permit, and a MOPH vaccination certificate, why do I need a Thailand Pass? Or a Certificate of Entry?

Seems to me it's just another bureaucratic layer, what purpose does it serve?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

All that BS for 650 baht?

But not everyone knows about the useless 650 baht insurance that is only activated if you get a PCR test...others pay over 3000 baht for 30 days thailand special covid insurance

• Like 1