Updated Thailand Entry Measures Starting Next Month

webfact

5 hours ago, Nigeone said:

No mention of masks ...guess they will still insist on those .

yes but with the intelligence of covid why ..

example next month i fly with etihad ..i must wear a mask..  But ill eat 4 times during my flight so lets day 2 hours ..this is when covid goes down into the baggage hold and we are all safe eh !!! couldn't make this c//p up could you 

• Like 2

I have a years retirement visa but i want travel to Thailand for 2 months only on a one way ticket,buying return while there.Does that mean i need to buy covid insurance for 1 year until visa expires to show on Thai pass?

Only want buy 2 months

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am filling out the Singapore equivalent of Thailand Pass, and it’s about the same.

Try going to Hong Kong. 

PCR Test before departure (48hrs) which you pay for,an online Health declaration with QR code, PCR test on arrival and only released from the airport upon a negative result, 7 nights quarantine# (which you pay for) with another PCR test on day 6, then after release another PCR test on day 9.

If test is positive it's off to a quarantine "concentration" camp until clear. 

Cannot quarantine at home.

Thailand by comparison is fairly simple !

#talk of increasing this to 10 days because of positive tests showing up after release from Q.

A zero tolerance nightmare !

9 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

I have a years retirement visa but i want travel to Thailand for 2 months only on a one way ticket,buying return while there.Does that mean i need to buy covid insurance for 1 year until visa expires to show on Thai pass?

Only want buy 2 months

You only have to buy 30 days covid insurance, if asked tell them you're only staying that long (then stay as long as you like)

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

For someone who hasn't bought travel insurance for some time, approximately  how much would a $10k (covid) policy for a months stay cost?

Thanks for any replies.

A friend just came over from the states he paid 650b for one month but he was still under the 50,000 insurance

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

You only have to buy 30 days covid insurance, if asked tell them you're only staying that long (then stay as long as you like)

Why does it say insurance until visa expires?Also i asked insurance company they said the same.Have you entered with only 1 month?

Thanks for reply

9 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

Why does it say insurance until visa expires?Also i asked insurance company they said the same.Have you entered with only 1 month?

Thanks for reply

I just stayed 4 months in Thailand, I had 30 days covid insurance on entry.

The Thai visa forum is full of people saying 30 days covid insurance was enough

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

ok so from next month those with vax still have to up load ins and vax certificate to TP 

Does anyone know how far in advance this can be done before returning is there a time limit ?

Tks

Edited by Harveyboy
spelling

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

Thailand pass was easy to do, but there were delays and uncertainty in issuing them.

Now it would be instant and can be done just before departure. 

Down from an original $100k to $10k and now from 650b/month or from 4200b per year, it's not a financial issue at all.

Thai citizens never had obligation to get insurance, as they have free medical. Still they need to show vax certificate or do test on the border.

Those conditions are already since 1st May, now thailand pass will be shorter and instant

You are missing the point when it comes to those of us actually living in Thailand and wish to travel out and return. We have to do a TP and add extra days and cost to our trip and all the while we support the Thai economy when we spend our daily money here.

8 minutes ago, gungadin1 said:

Ok thanks mate

thats made my life a lot easier now

cheers

Here's a thread that also confirms what I said, plus last post has a link to all the insurance options

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

A democratic country shouldn't discriminate. So why are Thailand discriminating? Answer above.

The Thai Constitution is for Thai citizens. This is not discrimination. 

Of course foreigners have different entry requirements. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My TP registration was accepted in an e-mail at 5.51 pm yesterday (Sunday). Approval and QR code received at 9.06 pm, 3 1/4 hours later. Entry date (following a trip to UK) will be 12 June. I'm in Thailand.

I call that excellent service. 

Uploaded passport, Thai vaccination certificates for 3 vaccinations and insurance docs. plus Pink Card because my passport number wasn't quoted on the most recent vacc. certs., only 13-digit Pink Card number (although both were quoted on earlier certs). 

48 minutes ago, Alcat said:

Are you aware that Thai Airways are still officially bankrupt ? Maybe that is why your fare was so cheap !

Probably you will have to pay a surcharge when checking in at the Airpirt. Good luck hope Thai Airways still operating by then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

My Thai daughter and her English partner are coming in June. He obtained Thai pass by uploading his standard U.K. travel insurance policy. As long as it includes Covid cover there appears no requirement to buy the Covid specific Thai policy 

Some here still call the insurance requirement a Thai insurance scam. Boggles my mind. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alcat said:

Are you aware that Thai Airways are still officially bankrupt ? Maybe that is why your fare was so cheap !

They filed for bankruptcy but the court ordered that they enter into a business rehabilitation program which they have done and have so far been successful under the administrators.

Too many fat cats getting fat for too long, sooner or later was going to happen.

But they are turning it around, no skin off of my nose, great airline.

https://simpleflying.com/thai-airways-rehabilitation-plan-progress/#:~:text=Thai Airways filed for bankruptcy,into a business rehabilitation program.

Edited by 4MyEgo

It is remarkably stupid that they require the same insurance coverage for vaccinated and unvaccinated arrivals. The risk of bad disease requiring hospitalisation or ICU admission being much higher for unvaccinated people, about tenfold. Again, it shows the lack of thought that goes into any of their decisions.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand need to stop considering itself like some Willy wonka  resort that you need a golden ticket to gain entry to.. Stop it with this pass and insurance nonsense. Nobody seeing it  come, these fools have lost tourism for this year, its far too late now to rescue 2022. Drop it all you may get 4 million up, leave it in place, lucky to get 2.5-3 million. Complete idiots

The unelected PM and his soldiers are scared of the protesters.

5 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Open up fully get rid of a thia pass If thia nationals don’t need a tie pass then foreigners do not need a thia pass the virus does not discriminate. TIT

Yeah and so many have Thai families who bank on them but yes not treated the same and it is what it is but on other issues too.
I am not moaning but just stating the facts.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As with anything, you have to get in early, suffice to say I got a great deal for an overseas trip come October, and with Thai Airlines believe it or not which was cheaper than the budget airline I usually travel with.

Fuel prices go up, air travel goes up, it's all about timing and how far in advance your prepared to book.

You can't get a visa to some places more than 3 months before planned travel!!!

1 minute ago, jwest10 said:

You can't get a visa to some places more than 3 months before planned travel!!!

Airline tickets can be purchased well before visa's are applied for, if your looking to go somewhere that requires you to have a visa.