Updated Thailand Entry Measures Starting Next Month

webfact

8 hours ago, Peabody said:

I'm guessing that those who already have a TP for early-mid June arrival need not register again.

I do have one for arrival on June 17, the requirements (fully vaccinated, 10k insurance) when I applied were the same as those announced here from June 1.

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

Thailand pass was easy to do, but there were delays and uncertainty in issuing them.

Now it would be instant and can be done just before departure. 

Down from an original $100k to $10k and now from 650b/month or from 4200b per year, it's not a financial issue at all.

Thai citizens never had obligation to get insurance, as they have free medical. Still they need to show vax certificate or do test on the border.

Those conditions are already since 1st May, now thailand pass will be shorter and instant

Correct.

But also recently TP was quick. In November I had to wait a few days for approval, in May a few hours. If it will now be a few seconds, good but all the same to me. And I hope this is my last one, I can't imagine how they will keep justifying TP in the next high season.

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

My goodness, no demands for an expensive  test on arrival to prove that you're free of monkeypox, or insurance to cover $50K in medical expenses if you contract monkeypox while in Thailand, they're missing the boat here, lol!

No worries, monkeypox they'll deal with the new 300 bath entry fee. After all we were told it's spend towards insurance. ????

• Haha 2

I don't know why they need to improve. I got a Thai Pass with no insurance and no one night quarantine hotel booking back in January...can't be easier than that lol

Uploaded email asking for hotel and uploaded vax certificate in insurance slot

Note: Once Thai Pass was approved, I did book quarantine hotel and insurance to show airline at check in

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Some here still call the insurance requirement a Thai insurance scam. Boggles my mind. 

Thai insurance is pretty much a scam in itself, long time b4 it got a requirement. Or do you know about an insurance where you can choose your hospital freely?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Open up fully get rid of a thia pass If thia nationals don’t need a tie pass then foreigners do not need a thia pass the virus does not discriminate. TIT

"thia"? "tie"? - 3rd time lucky - "Thai"! ???? 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Airline tickets can be purchased well before visa's are applied for, if your looking to go somewhere that requires you to have a visa.

And if you, for some reason don't get or don't qualify for a visa, then you have the hassle of trying to get your money back from the airline! Best of luck with that one! 

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

And if you, for some reason don't get or don't qualify for a visa, then you have the hassle of trying to get your money back from the airline! Best of luck with that one! 

What about this fake reservations, especially for visa applications?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

Always good to be a Citizen then oi ????

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The subject here is entry into Thailand. 

I suspect they will be required in the airport, as the rule at the moment is still that they be worn in public places. They will also be scanning for monkey pox. 

The rule is a significant disincentive to travel there for many prospective visitors. So it’s worth raising in a discussion about visiting. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Old Croc said:

For someone who hasn't bought travel insurance for some time, approximately  how much would a $10k (covid) policy for a months stay cost?

Thanks for any replies.

Probably already mentioned, FWD do it for 650 baht. Produce the docs fast and quick to respond to questions, which is not to say the policy is any good of course. ????

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The Thai Constitution is for Thai citizens. This is not discrimination. 

Of course foreigners have different entry requirements. 

I agree, the main reason for the so called "discrimination" being that Thais don't need insurance, while foreigns must show that they can pay their medical bills if they catch covid in Thailand.

So IMHO keeping the pass for foreigners who will be exposed to dirty Thais makes sense.

Well, it is better than nothing, but Plane ticket prices have almost doubled in cost with crazy long layovers coming over from the USA, so I think I will be going elsewhere. I like bangkok but I am not going to jump through hoop and pay out the nose to spend my money there Maybe things will change by the fall 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The Thai Constitution is for Thai citizens. This is not discrimination. 

Of course foreigners have different entry requirements. 

I agree, the main reason for the so called "discrimination" being that Thais don't need insurance, while foreigns must show that they can pay their medical bills if they catch covid in Thailand.

So IMHO keeping the pass for foreigners who will be exposed to dirty Thais makes sense.

10 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Ok that's great I am over 80 and can easily get a years insurance for 4200 b a year thanks can you give me company so I can get it 

According to posts on this site you don’t need to take out insurance for a year they accept a policy that covers for one month.

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Probably already mentioned, FWD do it for 650 baht. Produce the docs fast and quick to respond to questions, which is not to say the policy is any good of course. ????

Will depend very much on the age of the insured person, and of course the length of the cover.

10 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Ok that's great I am over 80 and can easily get a years insurance for 4200 b a year thanks can you give me company so I can get it 

Please tell me where I can buy insurance near 4200 for an 80 year old (Me)?

5 hours ago, jethro69 said:

Thai insurance is pretty much a scam in itself, long time b4 it got a requirement. Or do you know about an insurance where you can choose your hospital freely?

Myself and my family have had Hospital/ accident insurance for over ten years.

Never had a problem with the Insurance company they have paid the hospital directly on every occasion and we can choose which hospital we use.

About a month ago our 6 year old daughter contracted Covid and was quite ill and admitted to hospital

The Insurer paid without any issues

3 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Myself and my family have had Hospital/ accident insurance for over ten years.

Never had a problem with the Insurance company they have paid the hospital directly on every occasion and we can choose which hospital we use.

About a month ago our 6 year old daughter contracted Covid and was quite ill and admitted to hospital

The Insurer paid without any issues

I had insurance myself, and indeed there was no problems with covering. However, there was a list which hospitals you could use. In more remote provinces like in my case, the only choice was between two private hospitals in the whole province.

When I crashed with a scooter, I went to the village hospital, and the whole bill including X-rays was less than 1500 B. I went then to the 'approved' hospital, which did exactly the same thing they did 2-3 hours in the village (state) hospital, just the price tag was above 20.000 B. That might be the first reason why cover is so expensive in Thailand. 

Nowadays I rather try to get an insurer that would also cover the neighboring countries. 

1 hour ago, jethro69 said:

I had insurance myself, and indeed there was no problems with covering. However, there was a list which hospitals you could use. In more remote provinces like in my case, the only choice was between two private hospitals in the whole province.

When I crashed with a scooter, I went to the village hospital, and the whole bill including X-rays was less than 1500 B. I went then to the 'approved' hospital, which did exactly the same thing they did 2-3 hours in the village (state) hospital, just the price tag was above 20.000 B. That might be the first reason why cover is so expensive in Thailand. 

Nowadays I rather try to get an insurer that would also cover the neighboring countries. 

Same here, in the years in Thailand I have been to several of the small government hospitals for injuries. Dirt cheap.  Head to the city and they see you and the price goes up crazy. Just a scam, no other way to see it.

Problem is, most foreigners don't know any better. Most are in Pattaya , Puckett, BKK and they think it is normal.  

Thailand is the home of scams an rip offs.  It is a business model.

I was just in Colombia and it is getting the same there now. In the sticks I got food poisoning and spend the night in the hospital. Back at my condo in Cali. I went to the doctor for a check up. They saw me coming, very expensive. If a foreigner you have a dollar sign on your cheat in the big city all over the world it seems.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As with anything, you have to get in early, suffice to say I got a great deal for an overseas trip come October, and with Thai Airlines believe it or not which was cheaper than the budget airline I usually travel with.

Fuel prices go up, air travel goes up, it's all about timing and how far in advance your prepared to book.

I just heard of some good prices via KLM in January, so yes, there are opportunities for those prepared to book well ahead, and risk no refund restrictions.

Also that the KLM flight will continue on to Manila. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1