From Suvarnabhumi Airport To Pattaya

Ymail50

I will land at Suvarnabhumi Airport around 5PM and want to know how to travel to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I would like to take some A/C bus with my 2 kids to have a safe and fast journey to Pattaya main bus stop.

Any advice please

I will land at Suvarnabhumi Airport around 5PM and want to know how to travel to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I would like to take some A/C bus with my 2 kids to have a safe and fast journey to Pattaya main bus stop.

Any advice please

Finally something I actually know something about. If you get out of customs quickly (presuming you're on an international flight), the LAST bus to Pattaya leaves from the airport at 6 PM... you just might make it... the company is Bell Transportation... you'll have to ask around where the bus leaves from, but ask around the arrivals hall. I think it's 112 baht one way... it will take you to the bus station on North pattaya road, near Sukumvit. I'm not sure if kids pay less, I hope not, since they occupy seats, and it would be unfair to give them a lower fare. I'm told that sometimes, they will actually take you door-to door, maybe if they are using a smaller van... not sure, you'll have to make an inquiry. If your flight is late, and/or you miss that last bus, taxi is the only option left, 1,200 baht one way, but i'm told sometimes you can get them to go down to 1,000 baht. If your flight is REALLY late, the first bus the next morning is at 8 AM.

If you're patient, (I'm not!), if you hang around the taxi line, you should be able to find someone also going to Pattaya, who might be willing to share the taxi with you and your kids. If there are four of you, I would say it would be fair for you to occupy the entire backseat, and the share person could occupy the front seat... I think it's fair, in this situation, for you to pay 2/3 of the fare, and the other person pay 1/3 of the fare. If you're lucky, you might find someone willing to pay 1/2, but I would negotiate you down to your paying 2/3, cause the kids were occupying space that otherwise could have gone to someone else ready to pay a higher fare than you might be.

Or, If you dont make the 6pm bus to Pattaya, You can get the free shuttle bus from the airport to the Suvarnabhumi bus station which is 5 minutes away, and I think the last bus to Pattaya is either 7 or 9pm, 106 baht including free drink & snack..

You can get off this bus anywhere along the Sukhumvit road, or you can stay on it until it stops at Jomtien.. :o

Any advice please

Finally something I actually know something about. If you get out of customs quickly (presuming you're on an international flight), the LAST bus to Pattaya leaves from the airport at 6 PM... you just might make it... the company is Bell Transportation... you'll have to ask around where the bus leaves from, but ask around the arrivals hall. I think it's 112 baht one way... it will take you to the bus station on North pattaya road, near Sukumvit. I'm not sure if kids pay less, I hope not, since they occupy seats, and it would be unfair to give them a lower fare. I'm told that sometimes, they will actually take you door-to door, maybe if they are using a smaller van... not sure, you'll have to make an inquiry. If your flight is late, and/or you miss that last bus, taxi is the only option left, 1,200 baht one way, but i'm told sometimes you can get them to go down to 1,000 baht. If your flight is REALLY late, the first bus the next morning is at 8 AM.

If you're patient, (I'm not!), if you hang around the taxi line, you should be able to find someone also going to Pattaya, who might be willing to share the taxi with you and your kids. If there are four of you, I would say it would be fair for you to occupy the entire backseat, and the share person could occupy the front seat... I think it's fair, in this situation, for you to pay 2/3 of the fare, and the other person pay 1/3 of the fare. If you're lucky, you might find someone willing to pay 1/2, but I would negotiate you down to your paying 2/3, cause the kids were occupying space that otherwise could have gone to someone else ready to pay a higher fare than you might be.

kind of overboard on the taxi thing dude :o

Or, If you dont make the 6pm bus to Pattaya, You can get the free shuttle bus from the airport to the Suvarnabhumi bus station which is 5 minutes away, and I think the last bus to Pattaya is either 7 or 9pm, 106 baht including free drink & snack..

You can get off this bus anywhere along the Sukhumvit road, or you can stay on it until it stops at Jomtien.. :o

Ah, but that's the bus that could end up taking 4 hours.... does someone have more info on that bus? or the schedule?

Actually, I cut it down by about 1/2 of what I really wanted to say...

I hope no one was there with you forcing you to read it... that would be awful. It would probably also be a first, since I've never heard anyone claim they were forced to read anything on this excellent website.

I think what you are looking for is the bus operated by Bell Travel Service.

150 baht. Direct from the airport to Pattaya (no stops). Large air-con bus, stops at the bus station on North Pattaya Road. They then load you into a mini-van and take you to your hotel (all included in the 150 baht price).

Last schedule I saw was : (airport to Pattaya) 8.00/10.00/12.00/14.00/16.00/18.00

If you are landing at 5pm, you may be able to make the 6pm bus (you might have to "hoof it" from the plane to Immigration). I suggest packing light and planning ahead.

To catch the bus, you have to go to the bottom floor (after coming out from the Customs area).

On the bottom floor are a number of doors. Bell Travel reps are in the area of Door # 7 (one will usually be holding a small Bell Travel sign).

Email Sirisong at [email protected]. Let her know when you will be arriving, how many people in your group, what hotel you are going to, ect.

If you let her know when you are expected to arrive, she may be able to hold the bus for a few minutes if you are a little slow getting out of the airport. (Her contact phone numbers will be on her return email. If you are able to, phone her after landing and let her know what's happening)

Ah, but that's the bus that could end up taking 4 hours.... does someone have more info on that bus? or the schedule?

No, Last time it took me 90 minutes to get to Pattaya on this bus.. Its not the Mochit/Ekkamai kind of bus which you have posted about before.. Its the Big Yellow Airport bus to Pattaya.. From the Airport bus station.. Pretty good for 106 baht with drink and snacks too!

Its NOT the kind of bus which tries to rip you off at Mochit/Ekkamai and stops all the way back..

I think what you are looking for is the bus operated by Bell Travel Service.

150 baht. Direct from the airport to Pattaya (no stops). Large air-con bus, stops at the bus station on North Pattaya Road. They then load you into a mini-van and take you to your hotel (all included in the 150 baht price).

Last schedule I saw was : (airport to Pattaya) 8.00/10.00/12.00/14.00/16.00/18.00

If you are landing at 5pm, you may be able to make the 6pm bus (you might have to "hoof it" from the plane to Immigration). I suggest packing light and planning ahead.

To catch the bus, you have to go to the bottom floor (after coming out from the Customs area).

On the bottom floor are a number of doors. Bell Travel reps are in the area of Door # 7 (one will usually be holding a small Bell Travel sign).

Email Sirisong at [email protected]. Let her know when you will be arriving, how many people in your group, what hotel you are going to, ect.

If you let her know when you are expected to arrive, she may be able to hold the bus for a few minutes if you are a little slow getting out of the airport. (Her contact phone numbers will be on her return email. If you are able to, phone her after landing and let her know what's happening)

I think you can take the bus WITHOUT the mini-van door to door service, for 112 baht, Airport/Pattaya. I try to schedule flights so i can take advantage of the reliable and inexpensive public buses. I really wish they had a later bus from the airport back to Pattaya... 6 pm as a last bus doesn't seem reasonable.

6 pm as a last bus doesn't seem reasonable.

Yep, Thats why I mentioned the Airport Bus.. Because I always land around 5pm and sometimes cant make it out by 6... Airport bus definately has a later one than 6... I think 7 and 9 pm...

The bus at the transportation centre will not take much longer than the Bell bus. The last bus leaves at 17:00

Here is the timetable which I shot at the transportation centre:

post-34982-1182196940_thumb.jpg

Here's a timetable of a different bus service going to the airport FROM Pattaya. Does anyone have any idea of where this service leaves from for the reverse direction? They may just have a later bus.

This snap was taken at their ticket window at North Pattaya Bus Station.

post-34982-1182197152_thumb.jpg

Edited by tropo

The bus at the transportation centre will not take much longer than the Bell bus. The last bus leaves at 17:00

Here is the timetable which I shot at the transportation centre:

post-34982-1182196940_thumb.jpg

Here's a timetable of a different bus service going to the airport FROM Pattaya. Does anyone have any idea of where this service leaves from for the reverse direction? They may just have a later bus.

This snap was taken at their ticket window at North Pattaya Bus Station.

post-34982-1182197152_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry, I made an error in this post. I should read the last bus leaves at 19:00 (7PM).

Any advice please

Take the free express shuttle bus to BUS Station which is 5 minutes away. From there you have 2 bus company choices. One by Bell/RRC and Transport Co. They are located next to each other costing 106 baht each person. Differnce on the bus company, they leave every other hour so they don't directly compete at the same time. The last bus is around 8PM by Transport Co. and 7 Pm by RRC/Bell.

Bus hours for both companies is from 630AM to 8PM. If you miss the 8pm take the taxi for around 1200+ baht.

What about the new big yellow bus that runs directly from the airport but I believe goes to Jomtien or that way? Nice-looking modern vehicle - seen it many times on route 7.

A taxi should cost about 1300 including tolls - agree the price before you set off and don't be afraid to tell him to slow down or stop for a pee.

advantage is no waiting at the airport, can stop when you like and takes you straight to the hotel. (Can charge up your phone too!)

Any advice please

With 3 people it would be better if you book a taxi to pick you up at the airport - taxi driver will meet you at the arrival hall - 1 1/2 to 2 hours later you will arrive in Pattaya. Cost between 1200 - 1400 baht.

When I take the bus to or from Ekamai I always buy two seats. These buses are always full and I like to be comfortable. Are the buses from the airport generally full?

The couple of times I've taken the Bell Travel bus to/from Pattaya, it's only been 1/2 to 2/3rds full at the most. The crush comes at the bus station in Pattaya though, when they load everyone into the mini-vans for the trip to their hotel(s).

Last time I opted to grab a baht bus from the station to my apartment instead. The extra 100 baht (on top of the 150 for the trip from the airport) is a drop in the bucket compared to paying for a taxi the whole way.

And of course journey time by taxi is only 1.5 hours - no waiting or changing buses or connections

That's a very optimistic travel time these days with all the road works. I reckon you'd be lucky to make the distance in 2 hours.

BTW, the taxis at the taxi stand (1 level below the arrival hall) at Suvarnabhumi are EXACTLY 1400 including tolls. This is the fixed rate and not negotiated.

I do it myself a lot.

the official fare was 1050 but they were adding fees and tolls.......

BTW - You might want to try the 34 instead although the road works on the first half of the 7 are pretty unintrusive now, if you take the 34 you will get a lot less traffic but have to decide which route to take after the Chonburi by-pass.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any advice please

With 3 people it would be better if you book a taxi to pick you up at the airport - taxi driver will meet you at the arrival hall - 1 1/2 to 2 hours later you will arrive in Pattaya. Cost between 1200 - 1400 baht.

I really do not know what drugs people are taking prior to replying.

You can always take a taxi and not stress or rush and you WILL NOT pay the rates some have stated

You have 2 choice,

1 Follow the signs to Meter Taxi-this will cost you no more then 700

2 Look for one of those screaming guys, he will tell you 1000 baht plus, you then smile and tell him 800 baht full stop.After telling you his sad story about no money-he will say yes and off you go.

Its a holiday, last thing you want is to be stuck on the bus with 2 kids-hardly anyone speaks any English and you pretty much have to worry about everything. Mind you, bus for 3 will cost you total over 300 baht, so might as well pay double but no rush, no stress and straight to the hotel door :o

I really do not know what drugs people are taking prior to replying.

You can always take a taxi and not stress or rush and you WILL NOT pay the rates some have stated

You have 2 choice,

1 Follow the signs to Meter Taxi-this will cost you no more then 700

Are you talking about the meter taxi queue on the arrival level at Suvarnabhumi Airport? While the fare has fluctuated since the airport opened, I've never been offered a fare of less than B1300.

If you are talking about going to the departure level and negotiating a fare, I have friends who have done that, but B1000 seems to be the cheapest they've managed to get, but I wasn't there so I don't know how aggressively they bargained.

• 1 year later...

a .....

Any advice please

Ha ha..............Sure is! "Weho" what are you smoking? :blink: If there was ever a good reason to “Just say NO” your second paragraph is it!

Edited by Tonto21