Thai people not confident to remove their masks - better to wear them to protect yourself, Thai media

webfact

On 6/5/2022 at 5:06 PM, poohy said:

Not entirely on topic

I am vaxxed and had booster in Thailand

Now in UK where I will be for about 6 months

Basically covid is long forgotten here you hear nothing about boosters

SO in 6 months time i along many others will be out of vaccination

I am not vaguely concerned for my health but ln other hand for travel ??

SIMPLY QUESTION WHAT HAPPENS THEN

1) Boosters - your point is only partially correct, boosters are being planned in UK for the “aged”, both my parents are going in for 4th shots in the next few weeks. 

2) Travel - every country is at a different stage with disease prevalence, vaccine roll out, overall policy (tolerance vs low/zero-tolerance) and other covid related factors.
In Europe, there are some places currently requiring vaccine certificates to enter, whilst others do not. We all know about Thailand’s current entry system and one can imagine, for example, China maintaining strict visitor entry requirements of either being fully & currently vaccinated or doing quarantine, for some time yet. At some point though, a global equilibrium and consensus will be achieved but it might take many more months.

So to answer your question of “what then”, I suppose it remains possible you might need a booster to visit some places, just as I did when I recently went to Europe as my 2nd jab in 2021 was considered as already “expired”.

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If you are still asking that question after all this time and are not aware  of both the limitations and benefits of vaccinations and masks when properly worn no expanation  will satisfy  you.

stop winding me up.....go annoy someone else

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

stop winding me up.....go annoy someone else

You don't have the authority  to tell me or any forum member what to do.

I was not 'winding you up'.

You 'wound yourself up'.

I was pointing out the limits in your  understanding  of the Covid-19  vaccine program which does not conference 100% ressistance to all people.

It limits your chance of catching Covid-19  but does not eliminate it.

It lessens the seriousness of the impact of catching covid mitigating against the liklihood of death, serious  illness or hospitalization.

I suggest your comment was either genuine - or feigned ignorance to promote an anti mask anti vaccine position.

If it were  the former and your question  was genuine I have provided you with an answer which most people, after two years of discussions already knew.

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

1) Boosters - your point is only partially correct, boosters are being planned in UK for the “aged”, both my parents are going in for 4th shots in the next few weeks. 

2) Travel - every country is at a different stage with disease prevalence, vaccine roll out, overall policy (tolerance vs low/zero-tolerance) and other covid related factors.
In Europe, there are some places currently requiring vaccine certificates to enter, whilst others do not. We all know about Thailand’s current entry system and one can imagine, for example, China maintaining strict visitor entry requirements of either being fully & currently vaccinated or doing quarantine, for some time yet. At some point though, a global equilibrium and consensus will be achieved but it might take many more months.

So to answer your question of “what then”, I suppose it remains possible you might need a booster to visit some places, just as I did when I recently went to Europe as my 2nd jab in 2021 was considered as already “expired”.

Ok no worries i understand all the above 

SO how do get a booster in uk to visit thailand and commit to their entry requirements when boosters are not being given freely in UK as by October my thai booster wiill be 6 months old and maybe need replacing

Ps i am not aged so nothing on offer

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Ok no worries i understand all the above 

SO how do get a booster in uk to visit thailand and commit to their entry requirements when boosters are not being given freely in UK as by October my thai booster wiill be 6 months old and maybe need replacing

Ps i am not aged so nothing on offer

Not sure me old mate, I guess it will be like the old days of twenty plus year ago when you visited your GP to get the required jabs if you were traveling somewhere “exotic”. 

On 5/30/2022 at 11:54 PM, sawadee1947 said:

When you got your last jab? At least within the last 4 months. If Not you're not validly vaccinated.

I got my 4th jab last week, all Biontec

This is false information but oddly hasn’t been deleted by admin ????????‍♂️

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

If you are still asking that question after all this time and are not aware  of both the limitations and benefits of vaccinations and masks when properly worn no expanation  will satisfy  you.

But the right masks properly worn isn’t happening anywhere in mass population settings. 

Fit tested N95 masks worn once without being removed, handled or adjusted will have some impact - although medical staff doing this have still been infected in large numbers - cloth or surgical masks are doing nothing even moreso if taken on and off routinely throughout the day. Non fit tested n95 masks are similarly achieving nothing. 

There is ample real world data showing that places with mask mandates go through the same wave profile as outbreaks hit as those without. 

And it is endemic. So unless you plan to mask up forever then you need to make peace with reality and accept their futility 

On 5/31/2022 at 1:37 PM, Jingthing said:

It is YOU who needs to update their knowledge!

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2022/01/does-it-help-wear-mask-if-no-one-else/621177/

One-Way Masking Works

If you’re vaccinated, boosted, and wearing an N95, you’re protected—no matter what others are doing.

LOL. Lovely pre Omicron information there mate. It also requires a well fitted (I.e fit tested) N95 mask, in a lab, to achieve anything like those numbers and that’s with less transmissible versions of the virus. 

Given those days are gone and that about 3 odd folk on earth wear fit tested N95’s in real world settings then I’m unsure what you think your religiously held mask views are achieving? 

1 hour ago, sandrew33 said:

LOL. Lovely pre Omicron information there mate. It also requires a well fitted (I.e fit tested) N95 mask, in a lab, to achieve anything like those numbers and that’s with less transmissible versions of the virus. 

Given those days are gone and that about 3 odd folk on earth wear fit tested N95’s in real world settings then I’m unsure what you think your religiously held mask views are achieving? 

You are probably both correct.

Which means that masks are not a perfect answer but they help.

There are lots of gray areas in life, and safety is important when you are in a high risk group or in contact with those in a high risk group...

Unless you are not concerned about senior citizens and those who are ill... Or have no contact with those folks...

2 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

Perhaps  a reduced incidence of transmission.......

I am unsure what your religiously held and inaccurate beliefs in the futility of any mask wearing achieves.

I  would agree with them to carry on wearing masks  "IF"  they were  clean masks, this country's air pollution is so bad,      i have seen some real dirty infested  masks being worn, that are probably carrying  more bacteria than they are  stopping

1 minute ago, actonion said:

I  would agree with them to carry on wearing masks  "IF"  they were  clean masks, this country's air pollution is so bad,      i have seen some real dirty infested  masks being worn, that are probably carrying  more bacteria than they are  stopping

I forgot mine at the restaurant last night..... surprisingly it didn't follow me out!

On 5/30/2022 at 7:05 PM, blackshadow said:

what was the purpose of being jabbed......if now we still have to wear the stupid masks.....?????

To mitigate against  the liklihood of catching covid and to lessen its impact if you do  catch it. Defeating covid and other similar  diseases  requires a multiple  and varied  approach.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

But the right masks properly worn isn’t happening anywhere in mass population settings. 

Fit tested N95 masks worn once without being removed, handled or adjusted will have some impact - although medical staff doing this have still been infected in large numbers - cloth or surgical masks are doing nothing even moreso if taken on and off routinely throughout the day. Non fit tested n95 masks are similarly achieving nothing. 

There is ample real world data showing that places with mask mandates go through the same wave profile as outbreaks hit as those without. 

And it is endemic. So unless you plan to mask up forever then you need to make peace with reality and accept their futility 

Nobody  is planning  to mask up for  ever. They are VERY EFFECTIVE temporary measures.

There is plenty  of real world data to show that masks work along with other measures.

I see my doctor and pharmscists and nurses and scientists wearing masks and they are more persuasive than you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

"....I see my doctor and pharmscists and nurses and scientists wearing masks and they are more persuasive than you..."

That says it all.

It always amazes me how people with little or no science background think they know more than those trained in the field...

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

That says it all.

It always amazes me how people with little or no science background think they know more than those trained in the field...

Similarly people back in farangland telling us and complaining about Thailand situations! We got our problems sure, but mainly it isn't so bad here.