Skin cancer

Gandtee

Has anyone had diagnosis and treatment for suspected skin cancer from a private doctor's practice or government hospital in the Sattahip area? Pushing 89 is there a successful treatment should it be skin cancer I wonder.

Dr. Anna at BPH is the best in Thailand. Rely on her to identify the problem and recommend treatment. Queen Sirikit in Sattahip, a public hsp, has a busy skin clinic. Maybe they can perform any procedures needed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Dr. Anna at BPH is the best in Thailand. Rely on her to identify the problem and recommend treatment. Queen Sirikit in Sattahip, a public hsp, has a busy skin clinic. Maybe they can perform any procedures needed.

As above.

There are very, very few doctors in Thailand with much experience with skin cancer. She is the foremost one. I doubt you would find any at Queen Sirikit and would nto recommend trying as misdiagnosis is a great risk. Most Thai doctors simply have not seen enough skin cancer (and this includes pathologists who examine the biopsy samples).

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=7&depid=2

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As above.

There are very, very few doctors in Thailand with much experience with skin cancer. She is the foremost one. I doubt you would find any at Queen Sirikit and would nto recommend trying as misdiagnosis is a great risk. Most Thai doctors simply have not seen enough skin cancer (and this includes pathologists who examine the biopsy samples).

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=7&depid=2

Hence I suggested first consulting Dr. Anna. The OP has evidently self-diagnosed. Could be something benign and routine; she would be the one to advise about the next steps.

I consulted her once about a growing cyst on my back and after diagnosing it as basically harmless, she offered a routine excision for B6,000, probably 10k today. I instead went to Queen Savang Vadhana in Siricha, public, and they charged about 10 times less to do the same thing. I recently advised a Thai friend to see her about a questionable mole. She diagnosed it as harmless as well and kindly suggested removal at a good beauty clinic.

Very good point about lack of experience with skin cancer. A relative who was 90 at the time in U.K. was diagnosed as having skin cancer on the top of his head. However, another unusual growth was not picked up and was later revealed to also be skin cancer. Nevertheless, the good news is that both were operated upon and, as skin cancer is slow growing, there was no spread. It will encourage the OP to know that my uncle is now 96 and doing very well. 

24 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Very good point about lack of experience with skin cancer. A relative who was 90 at the time in U.K. was diagnosed as having skin cancer on the top of his head. However, another unusual growth was not picked up and was later revealed to also be skin cancer. Nevertheless, the good news is that both were operated upon and, as skin cancer is slow growing, there was no spread. It will encourage the OP to know that my uncle is now 96 and doing very well. 

Is anyone really 'doing very well' at 96?

The C word is the mother of nightmares. One of my worst fears. Now 45 and hyper-alert when feeling even slightly unwell. I once had a persistent headache that lasted days. Panadol after Panadol didn't help and eventually I began to wonder if it might be a tumor or some kind of malignant mass pressing on a nerve. Propofan (paracetamol/codeine/caffeine) did finally relieve the pain. One GP found nothing on CT and suspected it could be psychosomatic. Found out eventually that it was tension headache from poor sleep posture. Bought special contoured pillows and felt better since then.

3 minutes ago, mvdf said:

The C word is the mother of nightmares.

Unfortunately very true. All doctors admit that 'the devil is in the diagnosis'. I was told this decades ago and it remains true. Sometimes CAT/MRI scanners do not reveal tumours, endoscopy (both visual and biopsy) report negative and blood tests (the most reliable indicator) can return normal results even 4 weeks before death from metastatic disease.  In the case I am referring to, the blood samples only recorded 'abnormal' at three weeks prior to death.