Thailand Pass - Insurance

Hi

Any member have a suggestion for which insurance companies to use for the $10k basic Covid19 cover?  If I was applying for Multiple Entry TV, how long should the Insurance coverage be?

Thanks

@ubonjoe appreciate your suggestions.  As always, thanks.

12 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I heard no more thai pass for farangs after 1 june. Wait for the news i would say.

at the moment only for thai's no thai pass

You heard no more Thai Pass for foreigners.  I think you are incorrect in saying that.

Foreigners still require $100,000 med insurance which covers Covid-19 and will require it in the future.

Edited by anchadian
  • Confused 2

Wow, just back from the UK after 2 months and straight into Aseannow to read the mis-information.  I'm on a retirement visa valid until next February with a re-entry stamp.  At 68 I paid 2,500 (ish) baht for 57 days of insurance that covers me for $10,000 USD with Luma. Told them I was leaving for Hong Kong in 56 days, straight through at the control ( new temporary desks before immigration at BKK).  Thai wife did need a Thai Pass which required the same details as mine without any need for insurance.

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

You heard no more Thai Pass for foreigners.  I think you are incorrect in saying that.

Foreigners still require $100,000 med insurance which covers Covid-19 and will require it in the future.

Hasn't been $100,000 for a while, now it's dropped to $10,000

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Wow, just back from the UK after 2 months and straight into Aseannow to read the mis-information.  I'm on a retirement visa valid until next February with a re-entry stamp.  At 68 I paid 2,500 (ish) baht for 57 days of insurance that covers me for $10,000 USD with Luma. Told them I was leaving for Hong Kong in 56 days, straight through at the control ( new temporary desks before immigration at BKK).  Thai wife did need a Thai Pass which required the same details as mine without any need for insurance.

Misinformation?

You only needed to obtain 30 day cover. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

I'll be coming back in 30 visa exempt. I need a month of insurance right?

Correct you would only need 30 days, and you can find a general comparison here.

Even if you had a longer term visa the Thailand Pass usually only requires 30 days.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

I heard no more thai pass for farangs after 1 june. Wait for the news i would say.

That's from a news article in the Thaiger.

Doesn't mean much. 

5 minutes ago, DaLa said:

The requirements changed, it used to be the full term of the visa, but its not enforced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Misinformation?

You only needed to obtain 30 day cover. 

Mis-information is incorrect information that applies to a general proposal. I was being honest with the 57 days....actually made no difference to the premium. Thank you for your concern.

51 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

Hasn't been $100,000 for a while, now it's dropped to $10,000

I know.  My error.  

Must give this keyboard a service.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaLa said:

Mis-information is incorrect information that applies to a general proposal. I was being honest with the 57 days....actually made no difference to the premium. Thank you for your concern.

No need to get touchy.

Folk read the threads for correct information.

Your exit in 57 days is irrelevant.

You could have purchased 30 day insurance to cover TP requirements. End of. 

46 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

The requirements changed, it used to be the full term of the visa, but its not enforced.

So it's still a requirement. And your valued comments on the rest of my post. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No need to get touchy.

Folk read the threads for correct information.

Your exit in 57 days is irrelevant.

You could have purchased 30 day insurance to cover TP requirements. End of. 

I was working in the UK and awaiting the collection of a 40 foot container, Until that container left I couldn't book my flight. If I had taken out 30 days cover and then had to delay my return I may have had less than the requirement. 'Folks read the threads for correct information' , good joke , you realise this is Aseannow you're posting on. My exit in 57 days was relevant and correct for my requirements, and if you read my reply did not affect the premium.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DaLa said:

So it's still a requirement

Yes it's still required to obtain TP.

Buy the cheapest 30 day policy with cover of 10k covid insurance.

The cheapest policy is approx 650baht

Edit: just noticed the poster.

In any event some others asking about insurance requirements.

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, DaLa said:

So it's still a requirement. And your valued comments on the rest of my post. 

The exact length of the policy term required is not mentioned specifically anymore.

Also since they removed those lines we have yet to ever see anyone get rejected for their Thailand Pass using a 30 day policy (even if they are staying longer).

• Like 1

Insurance required by TP is US$10,000 premium, 30 days coverage, from 650 Baht the cheapest.

But I need a 60-day tourist visa, the requirment still staying US$50,000 premium (visa requirment). Do I need a coverage of 60 days? Not cheap, 3-4k baht up.

Did anyone try out using the cheapest 650 baht insurance and get a tourist visa?

Edited by roadpeople

7 hours ago, roadpeople said:

Insurance required by TP is US$10,000 premium, 30 days coverage, from 650 Baht the cheapest.

But I need a 60-day tourist visa, the requirment still staying US$50,000 premium (visa requirment). Do I need a coverage of 60 days? Not cheap, 3-4k baht up.

Did anyone try out using the cheapest 650 baht insurance and get a tourist visa?

Don't mix up insurance for VISA and Thailand Pass applications.  They are different.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roadpeople said:

That is an error on the website you are looking at. They did not lower the requirement when it was changed to $20,000 and now to $10,000. You could submit 60 days of the $10,000 covid 19 insurance and it should be approved.

Some state the amount needed for covid on the application info page but it is not a requirement to get the visa.

Which embassy or official consulate will you be applying at?

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

How does this 10k medical insurance policy requirement work for people on "retirement" visas returning on a re-entry permit...can the policy be for 30s days even if their stay is for another 6 or 9 months? 

Yep

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Don't mix up insurance for VISA and Thailand Pass applications.  They are different.

Correct and there is no insurance requirement to get a SE Tourist Visa.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, problemfarang said:

Thisa is incorrect.

There is no more Thailand Pass required for Thai nationals after 1 June. Foreigners still required to have it.

Possible but by no means certain that the requirement for foreigners will be dropped in July.

• Like 2

There are Insurance companies in Thailand advertising their services for Covid Health Insurance. Some are persistant even when they  have previously rejected my application on yhe grounds that at age 82 i am to old.

Does anyone know of a firm that would provide me a policy that would meet the requirements for a Thailand Pass?

3 hours ago, fgmr said:

There are Insurance companies in Thailand advertising their services for Covid Health Insurance. Some are persistant even when they  have previously rejected my application on yhe grounds that at age 82 i am to old.

Does anyone know of a firm that would provide me a policy that would meet the requirements for a Thailand Pass?

This one is availabe to the age of 85. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/detail-ta-fwdgi.html

Thirty days for 650 baht.