UK Passport expires soon!

20 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

When I renewed my UK passport a year ago, VFS told me "11 weeks turnaround for new passport, but usually takes 3 weeks".

Arrived after 3 weeks, as the passport office normally expediates delivery for overseas applicants.

Not guaranteed though.

I renewed my UK Passport in November…it took nine weeks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 9:16 AM, prakhonchai nick said:

My plan is to apply for renewal 6 months before expiry giving plenty of time for them sort it????       DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!

That is sensible thinking. You just need to accept that you are buying a 9.5 years passport..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

That is sensible thinking. You just need to accept that you are buying a 9.5 years passport..

I'm pretty sure that you can apply early and up to nine months can be added to your 10 years. So no time lost.

Scratch that. I just found out that there was a change due to Brexit. No time added for an early application apparently.

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, chickenslegs said:

I'm pretty sure that you can apply early and up to nine months can be added to your 10 years. So no time lost.

Scratch that. I just found out that there was a change due to Brexit. No time added for an early application apparently.

Any idea how Thai Immigration treats extra months that were given on pre-Brexit passports? Not clear whether mine is valid until May 2023 (ten years after issue) or December 2023 (expiry date printed on the passport), or how those dates will affect retirement extension this October. 

3 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Any idea how Thai Immigration treats extra months that were given on pre-Brexit passports? Not clear whether mine is valid until May 2023 (ten years after issue) or December 2023 (expiry date printed on the passport), or how those dates will affect retirement extension this October. 

As far as I know the only issue about "added" time was with EU immigration authorities insisting that a UK passport is valid for exactly 10 years from the date of issue, and not accepting the additional time.

• Thanks 2