Retirement Visa

Hi

In August I will be applying for my first Retirement visa in Bangkok at Changwattana..

Maybe if you have recently done a Retirement Visa, you may be able to assist me with a few questions.

1. Present passbook and deposit certificate from banks in Thailand (in Thai language (Attention: Immigration Commissioner).  How recent does it need to be, same day or a week old?
  2. Which service (app) do you use to transfer the B800,000 into Thailand which shows the deposit as being from overseas?

Any other documents required at Changwattana (not your local Immigration Office)

• Form TM.86 
  • Copy of passport pages (for example, personal information page, last entries stamp, visa sticker and extension stamp (if any) and departure card (Form TM.6)
  • One photo
  • Passbook and deposit certificate from banks in Thailand (in Thai language (Attention:
  • Immigration Commissioner))
  • Copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 800,000 (all documents must be in the Applicant’s name)
  • Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand
  • Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord; A copy of house registration. Location map of the house and a rental receipt Past three month

1 hour ago, Finlaco said:

In August I will be applying for my first Retirement visa in Bangkok at Changwattana

How will you be entering thailand?

Visa exempt, tourist visa....?

You would be applying for a non O based on retirement. 

You would require 800k in Thai bank in your name only.

You need to show the funds came from abroad.

Many folk use Wise.

There are threads on that re tag reason for transfer so it shows up as a FTT transaction.

The next step is to obtain 12 month extension.

The non O gives you a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days you apply for extension with the 800k having been in the bank for 2 months.

1 hour ago, Finlaco said:

@dr jack54

I will be entering with a TV.  How old can the proof of deposit for the O visa and then 12 mth extension be?  On week, 10 days etc....

I did my Non-O retirement conversion from TV at Chaeng Wattana in Feb 2019. I had a proof of international transfer from Kbank. I don't think there is a time limit (someone correct me if wrong) as I sent 800K+ funds about 4 months before (in British Pounds - Kbank did the conversion).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finlaco said:

How old can the proof of deposit for the O visa and then 12 mth extension be?

For the non-o visa application the 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. And then for 2 months on the day you apply for the one year extension.

23 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

@soi3eddie @ubonjoe   My apologies for not being more clear.  Immigration wants a letter confirming the deposit addressed for "Attention: Immigration Commissioner".

I will be doing it at Changwattana.  Do they insist its (the letter) same day or day before is ok?

Get it on the day at the branch in the basement at CW (they will know exactly what you need as they do 100s per day).

Use Wise to do the transfer & select “Funds for Longterm Living in Thailand” as the reason for the transfer.

NB I’m assuming your with Bangkok Bank, if not then please advise which Bank you’re with so can confirm 1) That they have a branch at CW & 2) you’re not limited to 50,000 THB per transfer with Wise (only to Bangkok Bank & 2 others are you able to send more than 50,000…).

Edit to add pic… 

F3A348E0-649B-425C-97A1-56B4AB0858E1.png

25 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

I will be doing it at Changwattana.  Do they insist its (the letter) same day or day before is ok?

They will accept one done the day before you apply along with a copy of your bank book updated on the day you apply.

Bank letter example: bank letter.pdf

17 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

@Mike Teavee  Kasikorn bank

I also use Kasikorn.

They do not have the 50k limit from Wise so you can transfer the 800k in one hit.

BTW Kasikorn along with most banks have branch at CW lower lever. 

Notable bank that does not is SCB.

Suggest you obtain bank letter same day (day earlier accepted) 

Quick process and make a small deposit at the same time. 

Ask teller to provide photocopy.

They already know what you need at CW. 

• Like 1