Wl Weller Bourbon?

Heng

Basically in the same grade (working class) as Wild Turkey, Jack Daniels, and Jim Beam - all of which are available at Foodland and even Tesco Lotus. Has anyone seen W.L. Weller bourbon available from any shop or supermarket?

wlweller.jpg

I bring over a bottle or two with me everytime I go back home each year, but would love to find a local source.

:o

Weller is a Sour Mash ... distinct from the others you mentioned ... (uses wheat and not rye)

I swear I have seen it once up in BKK .. If I remember where I will try and let you know!

Oh, I'm certainly aware of the difference JD... :o I like my bourbon a little sweet. Was just giving a comparison as to the "grade" so as not to give the impression it was something rare or posh.

thanks in advance if you happen to recall where you saw it.

:D

...just to help you narrow it down a bit: it likely wasn't any of the Foodlands, Villas, Emporium, or any mainstream hypermarts. Where else....?

Edited by Heng

and the good folks at Buffalo Trace Distillery/Sazerac say:

"Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we do not export W. L. Weller to Asia, and at the present time, have no plans to do so. All of our bourbons are currently on allocation, so supplies are very tight, and we are servicing our domestic markets before international markets.

Sorry the news isn't better....

SAZERAC COMPANY, INC./Buffalo Trace Distillery"

Looks like more suitcase weight in the future...

Edited by Heng

and the good folks at Buffalo Trace Distillery/Sazerac say:

"Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we do not export W. L. Weller to Asia, and at the present time, have no plans to do so. All of our bourbons are currently on allocation, so supplies are very tight, and we are servicing our domestic markets before international markets.

Sorry the news isn't better....

SAZERAC COMPANY, INC./Buffalo Trace Distillery"

Looks like more suitcase weight in the future...

Sorry to hear they don't import this to Thailand. I sort of suspected they did not as it seems like a limited brand. I guess they contract distill based on forecasts.

When you bring back liquor I assume you pack it in your checked bags. How do you pack it to insure safe transit?

Prior to the liquids ban I would usually bring a bottle, something not available here, with me in my carry-on/roll-a-board as I rarely check bags. My next trip, this week, I do have to check a bag and am considering packing a 1L specialty item, but worry a little about breakage and/or theft.