Less Thais smoking but more needs to be done - ban in Bangkok condos underway

webfact

14 hours ago, webfact said:

moves are afoot to ban smoking in certain areas of Bangkok condomiums so people have fresh air to breathe. 

fresh air to breathe....     that's a joke when you have to wear masks outside. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barefootknobby said:

If exits were legal, smoking would reduce significantly. Ecigs cured my addiction and many friends too in the uk

Very true 9 years now for me from 60 a day not had one since the uneducated identify vapors as smoke we know its not. 

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Do what other countries have done, instead of banning them price them off the market.

Price will have the greatest effect on getting people to cut down or give up.

Some years back I was assigned to conduct a one day seminar on organization principles in Kuala Lumphur. About 50 people signed up and paid. Company doing the organizing/marketing were told to keep full details (especially employer) of each person as they signed up but they didn't.

About 90% of the attendees seated, then 5 girrls walked in with British American Tobacco on their blouses in big letters. As they arrived they quickly put a bundle of 5 packs of 20 cigarettes of various brands in front of every other attendee plus open packs everywhere and cigarette lighters. 

Several other attendees spoke up and asked them to confirm they were employees of British American Tobacco which they did.

Most vocal other attendee looked at me and said 'Why weren't we told there would be tobacco company staff here?' Then she said 'I'm not staying, my company will contact you for a refund' and she walked out, quickly followed by most of the other attendees.

Ultimately only the 5 tobacco copany girls and 2 more.

I cancelled the seminar and the company refunded the fees paid along with a very serious apology which stated that our company didn't support tobacco marketing or smoking. 

• Like 1

I am a smoker,  but just stop selling the <deleted>!

I will adjust, and feeling better. I`ve read that NZ will ban

ciggies in 3 years (now maybe 2 years), meaning no sales

will be available. Good thinking. If you can`t buy it, fine.

Everyone will feel better, and it will cut a lot of costs to the

healthcare system.

But "No, we can not have that! There is to much tax revenue

to be had, to the state coffers"!

So what do they want? Plenty of sick people from cancer,

which is a burden to the healthcare system, or they want 

revenue from the sale? I think we know the answer to that.

Please stop the sale! And I`m not talking about only Thailand.

I`m talking worldwide! <deleted> Phillip Morris and the other companies!

Let them rot!

Cheers!