Three dead - including bouncer - as pub goers fight after closing time at southern Thai nightclub

webfact

19 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Well that even seems to be a real thing here, should study on that. Perhaps the lack of mother and proper baby milk + healthy food plays a roll in the lack of IQ levels too.

Schools, teachers, and the education system are severely lacking, when the kids leave school where they have been treated as 5yr olds to the day they leave, it is no wonder they are immature. IMHO

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Just imagine, more people in Thailand had guns... There would be mass shootings every week.

According to a recent survey Thailand has 30% more guns per capita than the USA.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

According to a recent survey Thailand has 30% more guns per capita than the USA.

That's just not true.

Thailand - Legal and estimated illegal guns = 15.1 per 100 people.

USA - Legal and estimated illegal guns = 120.5 per 100 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_in_Thailand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

13 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I’m really curious about this phenomenon. Does anyone know the “reason” why there’s literally gun battles in the street between vocational schools 

This sort of tribalism or territorialism leading to violence is common throughout the world.  Vocation schools obviously have a different "type" of student, so that might increase it.  It's also probably kind of expected of them in the kind of "show you're a man" kind of thing that some young men go through.  There was even a movie recently "4 Kings" that glorifies it.

I wonder if also the "love your school" type of indoctrination that Thai schools have is related.

Basically, I think if you look at football hooliganism in the UK, you will see quite a few parallels.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Basically, I think if you look at football hooliganism in the UK, you will see quite a few parallels.

That thought crossed my mind too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was at the house one evening when he took exception to something his grandfather said and he pretended to attack him with a knife.

Similar for me to watch at the neighbor. Another brat offloaded at the grandparents.

If he doesn't get what he wants in an instant he will hammer/beat his grandmother.

Shouting, crying, kicking dogs for no reason.

I fear to see this Somchai grow up.

I am happy that we only have girls in the family.

On 6/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, BMW Overlander said:

I have been in all Thailand provinces, but people in Nakhon Si Thammarat are the worst. The only place in country where I actually didn't feel safe.

Isn’t it labeled Thailand’s murder capital?

2 hours ago, Stocky said:
3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

That thought crossed my mind too.

Knife crime and worse in the U.K. is now largely focused on a certain culture/community of which we dare not speak… 

22 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Knife crime and worse in the U.K. is now largely focused on a certain culture/community of which we dare not speak… 

I don't know about dare not speak, the black community is one of the more disadvantaged communities in the UK. Unemployment is high, outlook for youngsters is grim. Go back 150 years to Victorian Britain it was local street violence, aka Peaky Blinders et al, primarily in poor Irish immigrant communities. Football violence in England during the 70s & 80s was largely unemployed working class youth, a time when the old industrial jobs were starting to disappear, and again youngsters saw little or no future.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:44 AM, BMW Overlander said:

I have been in all Thailand provinces, but people in Nakhon Si Thammarat are the worst. The only place in country where I actually didn't feel safe.

I was wondering why this is. Not least because on the surface it seems such a peaceful, quiet part of the country......

11 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I don't know about dare not speak, the black community is one of the more disadvantaged communities in the UK. Unemployment is high, outlook for youngsters is grim. Go back 150 years to Victorian Britain it was local street violence, aka Peaky Blinders et al, primarily in poor Irish immigrant communities. Football violence in England during the 70s & 80s was largely unemployed working class youth, a time when the old industrial jobs were starting to disappear, and again youngsters saw little or no future.

There is almost nil unemployment in U.K. (vacancies now exceed the number of unemployed ) and less than half the rate of France so your claim is nonsense . Other minorities,particularly Chinese and Indian,excel in educational achievements and feature very low in crime statistics . Closer to home I brought my 9 year old non English Thai stepdaughter to U.K. placed her in the local school and just watched as she achieved A levels in English and maths then a First class honours in Business economics. One interview and a well paid job in E commerce followed. But unlike much of that other community she got her head down and worked.

History is history, and the current problem of absent father black children in thrall to Drill ,gangster rap role models and street violence is a self inflicted disadvantage that culture and community must take responsibility for itself. 

On 6/4/2022 at 12:51 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Well that even seems to be a real thing here, should study on that. Perhaps the lack of mother and proper baby milk + healthy food plays a roll in the lack of IQ levels too.

Perhaps the lack of mother and proper baby milk + healthy food plays a roll in the lack of IQ levels too........................Is that also the problem in the States?

41 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

vacancies now exceed the number of unemployed

Just because there's a vacancy doesn't mean the candidate gets the job. I wasn't making excuses, just pointing to the facts, black communities, for numerous reasons, many indeed self-inflicted, are the most disadvantaged in the UK. 

14 hours ago, Stocky said:

Just because there's a vacancy doesn't mean the candidate gets the job. I wasn't making excuses, just pointing to the facts, black communities, for numerous reasons, many indeed self-inflicted, are the most disadvantaged in the UK. 

It means a better candidate gets the job -as it should be - or the rejected candidate wasn’t qualified. Employers are desperate for staff so costly for them to discriminate. 

57 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

It means a better candidate gets the job -as it should be - or the rejected candidate wasn’t qualified.

As it should be, I wasn't suggesting otherwise.