How is the entire backpacker / hippie experience in Pai ?

Baron Samedi

On 6/6/2022 at 10:18 PM, Sparktrader said:

You lived in CM but never visited Pai?

ive been here 12 yrs in CM..never been---pretty sure i know whats waiting there...

rather go to mae hong son.....didnt travel across the world to be with tourists...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

ive been here 12 yrs in CM..never been---pretty sure i know whats waiting there...

rather go to mae hong son.....didnt travel across the world to be with tourists...

You should have gone early last year, or even 2020, as was probably nice, no tourist.  Went shy of 20 yrs ago, and not much there.   10 ish years ago, and hard time driving down the road, so many tourist.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You should have gone early last year, or even 2020, as was probably nice, no tourist.  Went shy of 20 yrs ago, and not much there.   10 ish years ago, and hard time driving down the road, so many tourist.

Still may go..drive my mbike....is always on the back burner---just being lazy about it

Beside the loy kroh grannies would miss me too much-----being hansum 2 much!

• Like 1

I went to Pai in 2018 and had a good experience cycling around the town and surrounding areas.  Stray dogs didn't bother me nearly as much as in Mae Hong Son.  Went back again last year when the entire bar street was in darkness during covid restrictions.    Not so exciting .. but still peaceful.  Stray dogs had not taken over the neighborhood.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

The whole place closed down during Covid , shops , hotels , restaurants , everything closed

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The whole place closed down during Covid , shops , hotels , restaurants , everything closed

Not entirely, and not during all of covid's 2 yr run.  Plenty of nice reports on YT of folks enjoy it, with no tourist.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Not entirely, and not during all of covid's 2 yr run.  Plenty of nice reports on YT of folks enjoy it, with no tourist.

I see quite a lot of those posts on reddit .

People asking which places can they go to with no tourists and when they get there , they ask about which bars are busy and wheres all the nightlife and things .

They seem to want to go to places with no tourists and then want to go to bars full of tourists when they get there 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I see quite a lot of those posts on reddit .

People asking which places can they go to with no tourists and when they get there , they ask about which bars are busy and wheres all the nightlife and things .

They seem to want to go to places with no tourists and then want to go to bars full of tourists when they get there 

Well, you can't fix stupid ????

Read the same, and always good for chuckle.   Goes with tourist wanting the 'real Thailand' (pre c19), then when they got there, hated it.   No 7-11, no English menus, no English signage ????  too funny.

Oh well ... Better research = Better holiday

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, Baron Samedi said:

I was packing my barrel bag when I got the notification.

I am afraid to ask, but, what is a barrel bag, and what goes in it ?

~o:37;

• Confused 1