Use Thai Social Security to Apply for Thai Pass

Hello everyone,

Thai Pass website latest announcement mentioned that "Thai social security" can also be used to apply:

* Foreign nationals can also use their Thai social security or certifying letter from employer/agency/company in place of insurance.

I am registered with social security and been using it for years, however, currently I don't have any valid proof (certificate) of that. I used to have a small plastic card (which already expired), and later my employer said that the card won't get renewed anymore, because it was replaced with the mobile application.

Does someone have experiences to apply for Thai Pass, with social security, and how did you do that? For instance, can I ask social security office to issue a paper certificate for me..?

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

My SS card also expired. 

Download this mywallet apps then key in your 16 digits SS numbers so can get your latest SS information.

I just applied TP with my screenshot of SS information.

image.png.2a05fbfa69dd3ef07ceba1d724086bdc.png

Great, I didn't know about this "Mywallet" app, only had an old "SSO Connect" which doesn't have date specified or qr code.

Seems that my problem got solved. Thank you very much!

Edited by Banky Bee

44 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

My SS card also expired. 

Download this mywallet apps then key in your 16 digits SS numbers so can get your latest SS information.

I just applied TP with my screenshot of SS information.

image.png.2a05fbfa69dd3ef07ceba1d724086bdc.png

Must we be employed to register with social security?

3 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

out of curiousity, what difference does it make using SS ID as opposed to passport?

A passport would not prove you are covered by Thai Social Security for medical care.

• Like 1

I just got my second Thailand Pass using Thai Social Security. ????

My plastic card also expired during the pandemic. All you have to do is go to your SSO district office and order a new one. They told me it'll take a month, which is a vast improvement over 3 months in the past. But they'll charge you 10 baht and give you a receipt for the fee. I uploaded a pic of my old card to TP.

To get your QR code, you don't need to download any app. Just go to ssoconnect.mywallet.co, enter your social security number (as one number, no slashes, dashes or blanks) and local phone number and tap Send. Take a snap or pic of the resulting QR code and upload that.

You should also set up an account on the SSO website. Remember that wherever it asks for your national ID number, use your SSO ID number. Once you have your online account, one of the choices is verification of your current status. Take a snap or pic of that on the day you submit your application for a TP and upload that.

Edited by 10years
add current

On 6/7/2022 at 6:59 AM, 10years said:

I just got my second Thailand Pass using Thai Social Security. ????

My plastic card also expired during the pandemic. All you have to do is go to your SSO district office and order a new one. They told me it'll take a month, which is a vast improvement over 3 months in the past. But they'll charge you 10 baht and give you a receipt for the fee. I uploaded a pic of my old card to TP.

My card expired a couple of years ago but recently my employer distributed cards to all foreign employees. They said they've been reissued to foreigners only, with Thais required to use the app / online system. 

Your employer lied to you. I just got that plastic social security card a month ago because i had to use for thai pass. Insist to get that card. My HR also said the same thing but then she check with the office and found out that card is still in the game. It took 1 month to get it. Gobernment office doing it slowly.

Also as mentioned before my wallet app will do too.