How to get rid of nesting Mynah birds...

pookett

...on a high floor.

Damn things have been there months now. I thought they'd raise young and go but it seems this might be a non stop cycle.

They attack surrounding balconies if people are there.

There was another thread with no definitive answer

Here

A BBgun was mentioned but on checking, shooting at animals here is a crime, even if the noisy flying rats are attacking. Too many keen-to-report, money-grabbing do-gooders to risk it.

Is there a way to have them removed? Like the snake services?

(Phuket)

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Looks good, although he says it doesn't work on bright sunny days, which for us is most of the time

That's on open roof tops, but the birds here tend to go under the eaves etc where there is shadow or cover and it would work in those circumstances.

On 6/6/2022 at 3:02 PM, CharlieH said:

Laser pen. Very effective and silent.

Thanks for the advice @CharlieH. I bought a laser pointer from Lazada and I've been using it just before sunrise and sunset to agitate the pigeons that perch/nest in the eaves of the house. Since I started doing this 2-3 days ago, I have significantly less pigeons in my garden and therefore a significantly smaller volume of pigeon $hit to deal with. 

• Like 1

geez, just watch the movie 'idiocracy' how humans have become low IQ, imagine not wanting babies to be born into this world, birds finding a safe place to have children, and idiot humans trying to find a way to kill, destroy or scare, wow, many bird specie's ancestors are dinosaurs, belong and lived on this planet more than any humans

Edited by humbug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1