Yellow book/pink id and move to another province?

41 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Thai Drivers License ( also Govt. Photo ID) is accepted everywhere so way more useful. Even Govt Hospital didn’t accept my pink ID and I hear national parks, outside pink card province of issue, won’t accept it either ! 

I tried that (Thai Drivers License) in Phuket once, when checking into a Thai hotel.

They advised me to go to a different hotel. They refused to accept a Thai driver's license.

3 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I tried that (Thai Drivers License) in Phuket once, when checking into a Thai hotel.

They advised me to go to a different hotel. They refused to accept a Thai driver's license.

Checked into our Hotel here in Pranburi using my Pink ID card and the GFs Pink ID card yesterday. No issues.  Went to the local gold store and bought another few bahts worth of bars.  Was asked for my Passport, but Pink Card was accepted for ID.  

37 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Their prerogative BUT I would have got the General Mgr ( assuming it was a five star hotel) AND said look mate it’s a (Thai) Govt Photo ID as good as any other like a Passport … for ID Purpose !

if still denied my parting question would be” who the hell are YOU to reject your own Govt Photo ID !?” …and threaten a police report! ????

It’s often also forgotten that even Expired Govt Photo ID remains valid for ID Purpose just not for Travel / Driving / Other (Primary) Purpose.