Sandwich panel.

jvs

I am planning to build a very small house 30sqm. and for the roof i would like to use

insulated sandwich panels.

The problem is ,there are so many to chose from,has anyone used those  and can recommend

what to use?

How thick would i need them?What are the costs per sqm?

It seems they are a very nice way to insulate and make sure to keep critters out.

Also no need for paint plus the are very light weight?

56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you planning to do the work yourself or hire someone?

If you hire someone then it is for sure a good idea to ask with what they worked before. What is their experience?

Doing it by myself,i built before and this one is pretty simple in design.

• Like 1

30 sq mtrs is tiny. Why not just get a used 40' x 8' shipping container and convert it , with a suitable insulation and roof of course. Very common these days 

Edited by Excel

1 minute ago, Excel said:

30 sq mtrs is tiny. Why not just get a used 40' x 8' shipping container and convert it , with a suitable insulation and roof of course. Very common these days 

Have you priced those containers lately?and one other thing the placement does not allow a crane or tractor to get close enough.

The building is meant as a small studio for painting and other art work.

I might even place my stereo equipment in it so i can crank it up some.

Just now, jvs said:

Have you priced those containers lately?and one other thing the placement does not allow a crane or tractor to get close enough.

The building is meant as a small studio for painting and other art work.

I might even place my stereo equipment in it so i can crank it up some.

Well seems currently 75 to 100,000 baht for a decent 2nd hand one but yes access to offload could be a problem.

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Well seems currently 75 to 100,000 baht for a decent 2nd hand one but yes access to offload could be a problem.

Yes prices have gone thru the roof !I was planning to spend 100 000 baht max.

doing the work myself i think that is pretty much a ball park figure.

27 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes prices have gone thru the roof !I was planning to spend 100 000 baht max.

My GF added a room (around 30 sqm size) in her backyard of her house in Banglamung. She employed Burmese workers. It cost her around 100K baht with tile, roof, concrete block wall, and electrical extension etc. Air con is extra. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 3:13 PM, jvs said:

The problem is ,there are so many to chose from,has anyone used those  and can recommend

what to use?

How thick would i need them?What are the costs per sqm?

All this down to your own budget and usage. 

1" roof sandwich panel should be sufficient.
Roof - Best to choose BlueScope brand for self assurance and warranty purposes, 0.35 minimum to 0.5 thickness.
Base panel - You can go BlueScope or cheaper brand and go 0.5 (thickness) the better as it would look very flat. I would recommend 3d wood pattern type. 
Ask your supplier that PU foam is closed cell or open cell. Always go for closed cell if possible. Closed cell has better performance against sound and heat. 
A tip for you to make sure the roof panel is longer than base panel by 5-10cm. To reduce rain entering the pu foam. 

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Metal sheets - that are now in Thailand increasingly used for roofing - are obtainable with attached insulation underneath, also with various decorative surface that can serve as ceiling. The local factories - spread up on the country - usually provide any required length and accessories. 

• Like 1