Covid extensions

Just seen two guys get refused their extension - they was told it appears they are working in Thailand. I’m still waiting so fingers crossed ???? 

First time I’ve seen a refusal with my own eyes 

I’m doing a visa exempt extension as went to Singapore for a week so keep your fingers crossed for me ???? (I have had 3 covid extensions before ) 

Edited by Kevinphall

1 hour ago, Kevinphall said:

I got my extension no worries - weirdly given me 41 days instead of 30 but no complaints about that. 

Much prefer Lak si - so much more organised and great being able to use mrt / red line to get there no taxi. 

The ones that were refused were at Lak Si?

I got my extension no worries - weirdly given me 41 days instead of 30 but no complaints about that. 

I assume you mean 41 days from the date of issue. An extension is granted for 30 days from current visa exempt expiry date no matter when you apply

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I assume you mean 41 days from the date of issue. An extension is granted for 30 days from current visa exempt expiry date no matter when you apply

Think they messed up my current stamp ends 13 June and my extension is until 23 July. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

The ones that were refused were at Lak Si?

Yeah Lak si - heard her say you’ve been here over 12 months now and people are abusing covid extensions to work here and the officer thinks you might be too. One was French the other looked Chinese 

34 minutes ago, Kevinphall said:

Think they messed up my current stamp ends 13 June and my extension is until 23 July. 

I'm just wondering what the computer says, is it purely a stamp mistake issuing 40 days but computer says correct 30 days?

I'd be going for the covid extension before the 13 July to be safe, but that's just me ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm just wondering what the computer says, is it purely a stamp mistake issuing 40 days but computer says correct 30 days?

I'd be going for the covid extension before the 13 July to be safe, but that's just me ????

After seeing them refusals today gonna switch over to Ed visa and learn Thai - it looked  very painful ha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I was a little surprised when i went to my local immigration office to ask for a covid extension. My current permission to stay expires on June 23rd I went on June the 9th. However the extremely helpful officer suggested that I return nearer my current expiry date as according to him the 60 day covid extensions start from the day one applies and I therefore if he had processed the application there and then (which he was quite prepared to do ) I would have forfeited 14 days.  I had assumed, obviously incorrectly that the 60 days would be added on to my current expiry date, so it was nice of them to help, and no problem for me as i live only 5 minutes from the office

17 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I was a little surprised when i went to my local immigration office to ask for a covid extension. My current permission to stay expires on June 23rd I went on June the 9th. However the extremely helpful officer suggested that I return nearer my current expiry date as according to him the 60 day covid extensions start from the day one applies and I therefore if he had processed the application there and then (which he was quite prepared to do ) I would have forfeited 14 days.  I had assumed, obviously incorrectly that the 60 days would be added on to my current expiry date, so it was nice of them to help, and no problem for me as i live only 5 minutes from the office

That’s strange all of my covid extensions have been added on to the current last date not from when I applied. But think it varies dependent on where you go. Nice of them to be helpful tho it defo wasn’t Bangkok then ????

26 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Covid extensions are granted for 60 days from your current expiry. 

I applied in Jomtien so had the under consideration stamp first, but final stamp was for 60 days from my current expiry (I applied 2 weeks before so thought I might lose 2 weeks, but didn't)

One further thing, they gave me some forms to take home to fill,  in there was the usual TM7 and a specific Covid extension form along with the form that warns of the penalties of overstaying in Thailand  The last form was all in Thai  was a check list of required documents  Strangely it included all the documents given to me but also listed  statement of deposit  and bank book showing "sufficient funds "  or "money enough"  as my missus put it

And it also mentioned a  copy of a tabien baan  and Id card too. There was two areas for the Official to sign his name indicating  either a pass or a fail 

Im guessing , as it was all written in only Thai ,it was meant for "office use only" and given to me in error (looked like she was a newbie possibly an Intern)  Bit hard to read what it said but it was along the lines of " list of copies of documents required by persons requesting a temporary extension of stay " so hopefully  its a generic form and not everything is required for a covid ext  ! 

Sayin' hopefully  because my bank passbook has been full for years and I live 400 km from my original branch and its Bangkok Bank and they can be "awkward", and I really can't be bothered, with the hassle, Last time i was there there was an issue with me having a new passport and the woman couldn't accept that i didn't take my old one everywhere with me .

Has anybody  else needed to show a bank book ?

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Last time i was there there was an issue with me having a new passport and the woman couldn't accept that i didn't take my old one everywhere with me .

Has anybody  else needed to show a bank book ?

When you renew you passport you need to visit your bank to update your details.

If not then to access the account you need to show both passports.

On 6/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, Kevinphall said:

Yeah Lak si - heard her say you’ve been here over 12 months now and people are abusing covid extensions to work here and the officer thinks you might be too. One was French the other looked Chinese 

how old the people refused look? 

thats a bit worrisome, I have been here almost 12 months now but I dont think they'd think I was working

Edited by dj230

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

When you renew you passport you need to visit your bank to update your details.

If not then to access the account you need to show both passports.

Yes that appeared to be the case but I managed to talk my way out of it at the time,.... eventually!

I was more interested to know if anybody else had been asked for financial details when applying for a covid extension.  Personally I doubt it, and am more inclined to think that the document checklist form I referred to was a generic form used for various kinds of extension and not just for covid extensions.  Anyway I guess I'll find out when I go next week, fingers crossed in the meantime 

• Like 1

Both looked mid 20s 

thats unfortunate as I am also in my mid 20's, I wonder why they got tagged for working, usually those in mid 20's aren't working in thailand from my experience, ill book a flight for September and bring the flight, maybe that will help, if not maybe I can use an agent for once

Edited by dj230

On 6/13/2022 at 10:10 AM, dj230 said:

thats unfortunate as I am also in my mid 20's, I wonder why they got tagged for working, usually those in mid 20's aren't working in thailand from my experience, ill book a flight for September and bring the flight, maybe that will help, if not maybe I can use an agent for once

Think an agent best bet - French guy was offering to show proof of where his income was from and they wasn’t interested - wasn’t even the io explaining just a volunteer girl - presumably because her English was perfect. 

Edited by Kevinphall

9 hours ago, Kevinphall said:

Think an agent best bet - French guy was offering to show proof of where his income was from and they wasn’t interested - wasn’t even the io explaining just a volunteer girl - presumably because her English was perfect. 

If the process is "they think you are working so they aren't giving you an extension", "here's proof of my income from abroad", "sorry not interested", it kind of suggests that they were possibly just making an excuse to turn them down.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 12:27 PM, Kevinphall said:

Who wanna work in Thailand illegally? Frying pad Thai for little money?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Kevinphall said:

were they both French?