Covid extensions

i Will be going to immigration tomorrow to request a covid extension, however last night a friend emailed me saying he had heard that as from 22nd of june (this wednesday) the rules will be changing  and they may only be giving a 30 day extension. I can't find anything to substantiate this and have not been able to contact him to ask where he heard it. I was wondering if anybody else has heard anything about this possibility.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

i Will be going to immigration tomorrow to request a covid extension, however last night a friend emailed me saying he had heard that as from 22nd of june (this wednesday) the rules will be changing  and they may only be giving a 30 day extension. I can't find anything to substantiate this and have not been able to contact him to ask where he heard it. I was wondering if anybody else has heard anything about this possibility.

I heard or seen or heard anything about them being reduced to 30 days. Probably just rumor.

I cannot see them changing it since the current order for them is is valid until July 24th.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I heard or seen or heard anything about them being reduced to 30 days. Probably just rumor.

I cannot see them changing it since the current order for them is is valid until July 24th.

Thanks for the comment, it makes me feel a bit more confident, 30 days would be a pain as I already changed my flight !  If they tell me anything different tomorrow I will post it on here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Thanks for the comment, it makes me feel a bit more confident, 30 days would be a pain as I already changed my flight !  If they tell me anything different tomorrow I will post it on here

Cheers, would greatly appreciate an update. I'm headed to Chaengwattana mid-week to apply for a Covid extension so, if you're heading that way too, any field reports would be very much welcome.

2 hours ago, mesothelium said:

Cheers, would greatly appreciate an update. I'm headed to Chaengwattana mid-week to apply for a Covid extension so, if you're heading that way too, any field reports would be very much welcome.

Hi I wouldn't worry too much, especially If Ubon Joe has heard nothing.  To be honest the guy who passed the info on to me is here on marriage extensions and won't have applied for a covid extension himself. He's not a rumour monger either but would have received his info from a third party who may have got confused, for example applying for his 60 day covid extension prior to applying for his 30 "standard " extension. I don't seem to be able to contact him today to ask the details. I'll post on here tomorrow when I get back but I'm in Surin so any info I have may not be relevant to Bangkok immigration procedeures

Well just got back from Kapchoeng immigration (Surin) with my 60 day covid extension, no problems at all , 14 day "Under consideration" stamp and full 60 day stamp both given at the same time, happy days ! 

I did ask about the "rumour" I'd  heard about extensions being reduced to 30 days and the officer shook her head and said "as far as she was aware"  that was not the case. 

• Like 1

Just got back from Chiang Rai immigration. I extended a tourist visa by the normal 30 days but asked about covid extensions for next time and was told they would stop after 01 July when Thai Pass dropped.

No idea if this is incorrect / just one immigration officer’s opinion, only apply at Chiang Rai office or will be nationwide.

56 minutes ago, Chalky0w said:

No idea if this is incorrect / just one immigration officer’s opinion, only apply at Chiang Rai office or will be nationwide

The immigration officer wouldn't have a clue.

Nothing will change apart from fact that some offices may pull some dirty tricks to force you to use an agent.

At 5-5.5k not such a dire option.

• Like 1