High Temp Paint

Ok I've put this here as I am sure some of the members have painted engines etc.... but I want recommendations for high temp easy to apply (spray) paint - although is for a BBQ, the temp ranges are very similar. In particular I would like the easiest to apply/finish as I have ZERO skills in this department. If anyone has advise as to how to apply and get no runs, happy to take it also.

24 minutes ago, eezergood said:

If anyone has advise as to how to apply and get no runs, happy to take it also.

Zero skills doesn't stop you looking on Google. 

There are heat resistant spray paints available maybe try Lazada,  Shoppee or have a look in homemart, global Hse and places like that. 

Maybe a car accessories shop. 

I've painted car before ... no runs, make multiple, lite passes, instead of trying to cover 1 or 2 passes.  Don't think you're concerned about high gloss, so just take your time, and go back & forth, not too close, short spray, multiple times .... multiple times, like 5 ish times, then let dry, before hitting with 2nd coat.

Don't worry if it looks a bit thin, better to hit it with a 3rd coat, than try to add more when still wet.

The linked above - 400F for  BBQ grill is not hot, good luck searching paint.  I'd get 600+F if possible, though depends what exactly you painting.

image.png.27a1c5668eec637e530fbb13fea78dec.png

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/1200-f-650-c-atm-i911396534-s2468972127.html?search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.54

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Zero skills doesn't stop you looking on Google. 

There are heat resistant spray paints available maybe try Lazada,  Shoppee or have a look in homemart, global Hse and places like that. 

Maybe a car accessories shop. 

Hence my request for specific brands - that are available here in LOS 

6 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Other guys here saved you the look, hope get it sprayed up OK easy enough to do it yourself. ????

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 7:24 AM, eezergood said:

I got a can of high temp aluminium paint from Thaiwatsadu when I changed the element on my oven, worked ok. Found it in the motor section.

I used to manufacture industrial ovens and we sprayed the inside with aluminium paint so would advise looking for an aluminium based product.

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

I got a can of high temp aluminium paint from Thaiwatsadu when I changed the element on my oven, worked ok. Found it in the motor section.

I used to manufacture industrial ovens and we sprayed the inside with aluminium paint so would advise looking for an aluminium based product.

thanks for that

• Like 1